Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
That team never were going to win anything though.

:dontknow: You never know... that's basically the same team Washington has... That's why they're called Ws East.

The Wizards would be in the position the Warriors in the West or lower, the East is a puppy

We'd be a better team though

Arenas
J-Rich
Jamison
Murphy
Beans

You forget Ellis, too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:39 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
That team never were going to win anything though.

:dontknow: You never know... that's basically the same team Washington has... That's why they're called Ws East.

The Wizards would be in the position the Warriors in the West or lower, the East is a puppy

We'd be a better team though

Arenas
J-Rich
Jamison
Murphy
Beans

You forget Ellis, too.

I don't think that team would be a better one than what we have now, it would still be a 35 - 40 win team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:24 am
migya wrote:I think that team would be a better one than what we have now, it would be a 15 - 20 more wins team

Something seems to be wrong with your keyboard. Fixed the quote for you, mate. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think that team would be a better one than what we have now, it would be a 15 - 20 more wins team

Something seems to be wrong with your keyboard. Fixed the quote for you, mate. :wink:

So you think that with arenas and Jamison instead of Baron and Harrington, the team would be 15-20 wins better........... maybe in the East :wink: :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:14 am
migya wrote:So you think that with arenas and Jamison instead of Baron and Harrington, the team would be 15-20 wins better...........

Sure. Keep in mind that Arenas won't miss half the season with injuries, and Jamison not only scores. He also grabs boards (something Harrington seems to be allergic to).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:19 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:So you think that with arenas and Jamison instead of Baron and Harrington, the team would be 15-20 wins better...........

Sure. Keep in mind that Arenas won't miss half the season with injuries, and Jamison not only scores. He also grabs boards (something Harrington seems to be allergic to).

Don't forget that Arenas takes more shots away from teammates than Baron does, not good for the likes of Monta and JRich.

Reckon the current team would do just as good if not better than having Arenas and Jamison purely because of the amount of shots both take and that would take away from every other player

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 am
migya wrote:Reckon the current team would do just as good if not better than having Arenas and Jamison purely because of the amount of shots both take and that would take away from every other player

So what?. Harrington and Jackson do the same. Jamison wouldn't take more shots than Harrington, that's for sure...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Reckon the current team would do just as good if not better than having Arenas and Jamison purely because of the amount of shots both take and that would take away from every other player

So what?. Harrington and Jackson do the same. Jamison wouldn't take more shots than Harrington, that's for sure...

And the team has lst more since the trade because of this. Guys who take alot of shots don't make great teams. It is never a two man show

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:59 am
Just a question. When I started this post, jaypat and coltraining felt that Harrington was quality. As a matter of fact they thought I was a little loopy (that's a nicer wotd than stupid) for writing it. I wonder if jaypat and coltraining feel that way now? Honest answers from all please. Has anyone's opinion changed on Harrington?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 am
I think he can be, given the right circumstance. When Baron is back, let's see how he performs. I still prefer him over Dunleavy.
I dunk like Tolbert
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:19 am
He can score. Sometimes.

I'm just unhappy with his performance in the area that we supposedly wanted him for; the post. Mullin and Nellie wanted him to be a their PF, but the guy can't post up anyone. He's not in the paint, he's not down low, he can't score from under the basket, he can;t defend under the basket, he can't block out a PF, he can't grab a rebound (especially over anyone)...

He just isn't what was advertised. Can he play? Maybe as a SF. But, we have like 8 of those.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:45 am
Why can't this guy play like David West?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Just a question. When I started this post, jaypat and coltraining felt that Harrington was quality. As a matter of fact they thought I was a little loopy (that's a nicer wotd than stupid) for writing it. I wonder if jaypat and coltraining feel that way now? Honest answers from all please. Has anyone's opinion changed on Harrington?

sigh, reggie. You quote me as saying things I never said. As a matter of fact, the first time I have ever used the word "loopy" in a post is right now, and the only time I have used the word stupid is to refer to Pietrus on the basketball court. Let me clarify for you, if you don't want to go back to my original response. What I said was I strongly disagreed with the statement that Harrington was another Mike Dunleavy. Harrington is a much better player than that. Even in a bad game (which he, along with every warrior had last night), he made an amazing coast to coast drive, demonstrating a skill level Mike Dunleavy can only dream about.

As I watch this sad sad team, there is no player other than Monta (and arguably Stephen Jackson prior to his injury) who is playing well the majority of the time. My opinion on Harrington has not changed. he is a good 3rd or 4th option on a team. the options should be: BD, (a 2005-2006) Jrich, Monta, Harrington and/or Jackson. He is the #2 option right now, as he was on Indiana, and he is not at that level. In the right role, he will give the team 15-20 points a game and is the best 3 point shooter on the team (well cabbage is the best, but he can never get open).
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 pm
I like him but he has obvious strengths and flaws, we need another rebounding PF to put in the game when we're matching up w/ a post-oriented team. Otherwise, he's fine, and sometimes great.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:32 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Just a question. When I started this post, jaypat and coltraining felt that Harrington was quality. As a matter of fact they thought I was a little loopy (that's a nicer wotd than stupid) for writing it. I wonder if jaypat and coltraining feel that way now? Honest answers from all please. Has anyone's opinion changed on Harrington?

The guy can be quite good but he is not a great fit for the team. Maybe at SF he would be pretty good (if he took a lower number of shots) but he just is not what the team needs and SHOULD be used in a trade to get a proper PF

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball