So damn dissapointed...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:55 pm
I dont know what to do anymore. Losses like the last 2 ( call it 3 in about 10 more minutes), would have crushed me at the beginning of the season...hell at the end of last season even.

You see, I hate when the team gets embarrased! I feel frustrated, and angry at such a loss. But now, I find myself unusually calm. Like I expect it. Like its meant to be.

And that dissapoints me. Its not me, Im still a good fan. But you can only get kicked in the head so many times before you just stay down. And right now the Warriors are just staying down.

Who do you blame...or does blame do any good? I read the posts; fire Mullin, get rid of Nelly, trade Jr, dont trade JR. Barons the answer, but the answer is usually in street clothes.

The Baron years were going to elevate this team to respectability, and now respectability is fading faster than a Pietrus freethrow.

So, I wont blame anyone. Ill just sit here, oddly disconnected from what is usually a passion and pray that something will change this team and make me not feel so dissapointed.

Not a panic thread, just a soul searching in the darkness of this latest incarnation of the Warriors.

Trolloc
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:04 pm
I hear you, bro and feel your pain. Embarrassing is the right word to describe the way the team has played the past 4 games. I saw Pietrus make a charge and wild shot that would have gotten any high school player benched, and his moronic and clueless play tonight is symptomatic of how they have played this past week.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:05 pm
I find the threads so much more entertaining when the team is losing like this. 30 points. are you kidding me :banghead: This is not Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls, this is Luol Deng Chicago Bulls. This is not Phil Jackson, This is Scott Skiles. Anyone thing that the Warriors are still trying is dellusional. the only guys that are trying is the fringe players. Azubuike, Barnes?, POB, Foyle, everyone else is just going throught the motions. Harrington is a punk, sissy, and an idiot. this guy has a poor work ethic. He need to get his lazy ass inside and earn the money that he is being paid. He is morre and more like Dunleavy everyday. No wonder my thread on Harrington is Pathetic is still getting a lot of play. I saw it long ago. those who disagree should now admit that i was right. :agrue:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 pm
We knew we were gonna get killed for this game though. I wasn't expecting a win.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:56 pm
You know, jaypat. You have been losing a lot of steam or your latest threads. Admit, the Warriors have worn you down. Join the rest of us.

:( :cry: :( :cry: :evil: :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:58 pm
They are pissing me off but I will not create bitching threads. And thing in the other thread was meant to be funny (the "when will the warriors come out to playyyyyy thread). But it does get dishearting when you know that the Warriors couldn't guard this chair I'm sitting in now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:34 pm
Trolloc wrote:I dont know what to do anymore. Losses like the last 2 ( call it 3 in about 10 more minutes), would have crushed me at the beginning of the season...hell at the end of last season even.

You see, I hate when the team gets embarrased! I feel frustrated, and angry at such a loss. But now, I find myself unusually calm. Like I expect it. Like its meant to be.

And that dissapoints me. Its not me, Im still a good fan. But you can only get kicked in the head so many times before you just stay down. And right now the Warriors are just staying down.

Who do you blame...or does blame do any good? I read the posts; fire Mullin, get rid of Nelly, trade Jr, dont trade JR. Barons the answer, but the answer is usually in street clothes.

The Baron years were going to elevate this team to respectability, and now respectability is fading faster than a Pietrus freethrow.

So, I wont blame anyone. Ill just sit here, oddly disconnected from what is usually a passion and pray that something will change this team and make me not feel so dissapointed.

Not a panic thread, just a soul searching in the darkness of this latest incarnation of the Warriors.

Trolloc

wow that was deep.

yeah we feel your pain. we havnt won more games than we've lost going on 13 years now. its sad to think we are now the doormats of the nba. we have a rich tradition with older players like wilt, rick, and newer fellows like timmy, mully, and so on... all we can do as fans is either stop buying tickets or be suckers like cubs fans.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:10 pm
Yeah, feel that for sure.

Plus, there's no shame in panicking at this point. In fact, I'm way, way beyond the panic stage. Panic time was when Baron got surgery. Now, I'm in ignore these Ass-clown basketball-playing imposters and try not to take the team and my fanship as intensely. Not saying I'm less of a fan now, I just see that all the emotion I put into following this team in the past couple weeks has gotten me nothing but heartbreak. The season's over. Plain and Simple. No 'unless there's a miracle' or 'it's still possible' bullshit. Chances of making the playoffs at this point: 0.0%. I'll still watch games, as it was at least nice to see POB play last night (even if he looked lost. He's also very akward when he runs the floor. Not sure who was saying he can run well, but he sure didn't look like it last night).

No, there's no shame in bitching now. None at all. And there shouldn't have been after the Memphis loss, either, or any other loss for that matter. We are allowed our few panicky rants every season. As long as we're not constant naysyaers, we have every right to get reactionary when the Warriors go into their inevitable tank mode. Most of us are true and longtime Warriors fans here. And the Warriors suck.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm
Well said...I think we're all numb and still in shock at how quickly it all fell apart.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:09 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:No, there's no shame in bitching now. None at all. And there shouldn't have been after the Memphis loss, either, or any other loss for that matter. We are allowed our few panicky rants every season. As long as we're not constant naysyaers, we have every right to get reactionary when the Warriors go into their inevitable tank mode. Most of us are true and longtime Warriors fans here. And the Warriors suck.

Well said, mate. If people don't get pissed now, then when?. Bitching and rooting are part of the same thing, being a fan.

Return to Warriors Basketball