The Main Reason is...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:53 am
Everyone here has valid points of why the Warriors are not playing well, but it all comes down to this... The Warriors organization as a whole! We all have different reasons why, so that mean's the fault is on the organization.

We point the finger at Cohen, we point the finger at Mullin, we point the finger at Nelson, we point the finger at the players (take your pick)... How much lower can we go? The physicial trainers? The announcers? Thunder? The Warrior Girls? The Jam Squad? The ticket takers? The security guards?

SH-T!!! F-CK!!! A-S!!! B-TCH!!! IS THIS HELPING!!!???

The only people that cannot be blamed are the fans! The fans are the only good thing about this organization right now!

I've b-tched for many, many years just like you all and it doesn't do sh-t! I am sick, I am tired, I am hungry, and there's nothing I can do about it! It's not even in my hands! I have no control!

I might as well just shut up!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:09 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:
We point the finger at Cohen, we point the finger at Mullin, we point the finger at Nelson, we point the finger at the players (take your pick)... How much lower can we go? The physicial trainers? The announcers? Thunder? The Warrior Girls? The Jam Squad? The ticket takers? The security guards?



I say the fish rots from the head down.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:24 pm
You bring up a good point, in the past 12 seasons (going on 13)…there have been two constants:

* The Warriors have been BAD.
* The Fans have been GOOD (very, very good).

Maybe this thing never turns around until the fans go “BAD” (meaning we don’t buy season tickets, we don’t support a product that has failed for 12 years straight). Money talks, and it’s only when they’re hit where it hurts that the real change occurs. Otherwise, it’s one bandaid after another year after year.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:38 pm
chrisandtimburger wrote:Maybe this thing never turns around until the fans go “BAD” (meaning we don’t buy season tickets, we don’t support a product that has failed for 12 years straight). Money talks, and it’s only when they’re hit where it hurts that the real change occurs. Otherwise, it’s one bandaid after another year after year.


That's never the answer. That just validates owners to move teams. That was the reason the Grizz left Vancouver or the Hornets left Charlotte...

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:59 pm
TMC wrote:
chrisandtimburger wrote:Maybe this thing never turns around until the fans go “BAD” (meaning we don’t buy season tickets, we don’t support a product that has failed for 12 years straight). Money talks, and it’s only when they’re hit where it hurts that the real change occurs. Otherwise, it’s one bandaid after another year after year.


That's never the answer. That just validates owners to move teams. That was the reason the Grizz left Vancouver or the Hornets left Charlotte...


Where would cohan move the team to if he were to come to that realization? North Dakota? Nevada? The NBA is already crowded as it is and i doubt that the comish would grant him that option. Vancouver fans were just not interested in basketball. They have hockey over there and if they decide to root for anything, they have the sonics.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 pm
The nucleus for a good team was here during the Saint Jean/Musselman years, and the team had made tremendous strides during Musselman's last season. Unfortuntately, Mullin came in and dismantled that team in order to put his own stamp on the franchise and to brand it in his own image. Mullin built the franchise around a very good college coach, Mike Montgomery, who turned out not to be a good professional coach; an underachieving, unathletic and marginal (at best) center in Adonal Foyle; an outside shooting power forward who does not like physical contact in Troy Murphy; a poor shooting small forward with no mental toughness in Mike Dunleavy; an injury prone point guard who has yet to play a complete season in Baron Davis. In any other media market, Mullin would get lambasted; however, in the Bay Area, he comes under no scrutiny. Unfortunately, Mullin is just overmatched by his counterparts with the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Suns. The team is now composed of players who should thrive in a Don Nelson system where shooting is at a premium and where rebounding and defense takes a back seat. I had been advocating for us to withhold judgement on this team until a couple weeks after the All Star break; however, the team looks overmatched by its opposition. It sure seems like it is time for Cohan to get rid of the trash (Mullin and Co) and to bring in a professional front office to rebuild this once proud franchise.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:27 pm
tkono wrote:Where would cohan move the team to if he were to come to that realization? North Dakota? Nevada? The NBA is already crowded as it is and i doubt that the comish would grant him that option. Vancouver fans were just not interested in basketball. They have hockey over there and if they decide to root for anything, they have the sonics.


There will never be a shortage of locations for moving a team. Seattle will lose the Sonics in two years, Las Vegas is waiting for a team willing to move there (and allowed to do so)...

In any case, I'm not saying that that will happen if people stop "caring" about the Ws, just that it has happened before. And those owners used lack of support as the main reason to leave.

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 pm
TMC wrote:
tkono wrote:Where would cohan move the team to if he were to come to that realization? North Dakota? Nevada? The NBA is already crowded as it is and i doubt that the comish would grant him that option. Vancouver fans were just not interested in basketball. They have hockey over there and if they decide to root for anything, they have the sonics.


There will never be a shortage of locations for moving a team. Seattle will lose the Sonics in two years, Las Vegas is waiting for a team willing to move there (and allowed to do so)...

In any case, I'm not saying that that will happen if people stop "caring" about the Ws, just that it has happened before. And those owners used lack of support as the main reason to leave.


Didn't know about the sonics moving so maybe some enlightenment is in order. As for vegas, i've been reading around that residents in the area are having second thoughts after the wild nights during All Star weekend and teh comish is not a great proponent of having a team there.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:14 pm
Another possible location for a team is Oklahoma City. It is no secret that they want a team of their own after they took in the Hornets.

The most likely moves right now are the Kings to Vegas and Seattle to Oklahoma City.

But yes, there will always be a city willing to take on an NBA franchise.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:16 pm
Seattke can't get the city to build a new stadium, and the owner is not happy there. Same can mostly be said of the Kings, as well.

Vegas was not an option to the Commish for years; but recent evens point otherwise. The Maloofs own casinos, and also own the Kings, which was a huge step for the commish. The All-Star Game, though a bit of a mess being in Sin City, did go off fairly well, and points to a team moving there in the next half-decade I would think.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:23 pm
drazz wrote:Seattle can't get the city to build a new stadium, and the owner is not happy there.


Exactly. The new owner (Clay Bennett) is from Oklahoma, so Oklahoma City will probably be their future home in two years (I think they can't leave til 2009 due to the Key Arena leasing agreement or something like that).

Bennett has asked for a new arena to keep the Sonics in Seattle... and it has been rejected already.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:23 pm
TMC wrote:
chrisandtimburger wrote:Maybe this thing never turns around until the fans go “BAD” (meaning we don’t buy season tickets, we don’t support a product that has failed for 12 years straight). Money talks, and it’s only when they’re hit where it hurts that the real change occurs. Otherwise, it’s one bandaid after another year after year.


That's never the answer. That just validates owners to move teams. That was the reason the Grizz left Vancouver or the Hornets left Charlotte...


I wasn't serious about abandoning live games...just frustrated and out of ideas.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 pm
It's the warriors girls...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:27 pm
chrisandtimburger wrote:I wasn't serious about abandoning live games...just frustrated and out of ideas.


Yeah, I know. It just made me remember what happened in Charlotte when people stopped going to the games, as a way to protest against George Shinn... and he ended up moving the team to New Orleans. Exactly the same case.

Althout I doubt that can happen in the Bay Area...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:48 pm
coltraning wrote:It's the warriors girls...


Well it's certainley not the mascot. He is the only thing keeping the franchise afloat.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron