Game Thread: Warriors @ Milwaukee Bucks 2007-02-27

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors have more success on this road trip?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm

YES
44%
NO
56%

Total votes : 9

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:26 pm
i hate those travels they always commit before they start dribbling, its such a waste of a possesion

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm
THANKS A LOT! i looked on here earlier today and it said the game was on at 7:30...i just missed the damn game :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:41 pm
Message to the Warriors: WIN A ****ing GAME.

Thanks!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:57 pm
Sad outing. Redd and Bell were just completely lights out. I was thinking about picking up Bell to replace Wade for my fantasy roster... too bad. And dbdavis20... don't worry, you didn't miss anything inspiring. Remember, the east, central, and mountain times are ahead of us. Tomorrow will be another early start time!

and also... Jim Mora... where are you? "Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you crazy? I just hope we can win a game. Any game. Playoffs?" Sorry... just had to come out.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:59 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Sad outing. Redd and Bell were just completely lights out. I was thinking about picking up Bell to replace Wade for my fantasy roster... too bad. And dbdavis20... don't worry, you didn't miss anything inspiring. Remember, the east, central, and mountain times are ahead of us. Tomorrow will be another early start time!

and also... Jim Mora... where are you? "Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you crazy? I just hope we can win a game. Any game. Playoffs?" Sorry... just had to come out.

Boy, this sure sounds like whining and giving up to me. **** you for calling me out on this crap. What a ****ing hypocrite.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:13 pm
jsw548 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Sad outing. Redd and Bell were just completely lights out. I was thinking about picking up Bell to replace Wade for my fantasy roster... too bad. And dbdavis20... don't worry, you didn't miss anything inspiring. Remember, the east, central, and mountain times are ahead of us. Tomorrow will be another early start time!

Boy, this sure sounds like whining and giving up to me. **** you for calling me out on this crap. What a ****ing hypocrite.

Nice, love the vulgarity bro. I only said that because you can spot it every now and then in a game thread and I thought it was appropriate to put it in this one. I could care less what you say. I ain't no b*tch, but I ain't going to waste my time starting a fight through the internet on the forum.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:22 pm
dbdavis20 wrote:THANKS A LOT! i looked on here earlier today and it said the game was on at 7:30...i just missed the damn game :evil:

you didnt miss much...

terrible game. we got off the a good start and the 2nd 3rd and 4th quarters were an embarrassment.

we have absolutely no half court offense. there is no ball movement whatsoever, guys just standing around watching. this translates to bad/forced shots.

we are a running team indeed. problem: we dont play a lick of defense and we cant rebound so it slows the tempo. its like throwing water on the fire in terms of being consistent in our style.

take a look at the suns. they have a rep for giving up a lot of points, but the fact is they can get a stop when they need it. oh, and they CAN play half court offense. if you ever get a chance to watch a suns game, watch them cut and move without the ball, oh and pass and not just stand around!

im just getting tired of this every year. last year we won what, 38 games? year before that? 38 games, year before that? 36 or something...i think we'll be right around there again this year, if we're lucky! what improvements? what playoffs what? i know we play in the western conference but what? we've had a few injuries but so has everyone else what? we lose to horrible eastern teams anyway so what does it matter? this team is a joke.

no suprise this years team doesnt play defense. the architect of this team is chris mullin, who wasnt exactly known to be a lock down defender.

oh yea, and if i was nelson, i'd be an alcoholic too. i bet he wishes he stayed in mauii
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:49 pm
Just brutal...the truth is simple: This is a replay of last year. With BD, the Ws are a bubble 8th seed. Without they are a bottom 5 team. Amazing with all the change in personnel and coaching it boils down to that. We can only make the playoffs with a healthy BD, and a healthy BD seems to be a contradiction in terms. I believe keep Monta and AB and (if you can) Jrich, but otherwise, blow up the team, because as presently consituted, they will never be more than a 41 win 8th seed, and they will never be that, cause Baron won't play more than 50-60 games in a season.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:32 pm
josh powell should get more minutes!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 am
coltraning wrote:Just brutal...the truth is simple: This is a replay of last year. With BD, the Ws are a bubble 8th seed. Without they are a bottom 5 team. Amazing with all the change in personnel and coaching it boils down to that. We can only make the playoffs with a healthy BD, and a healthy BD seems to be a contradiction in terms. I believe keep Monta and AB and (if you can) Jrich, but otherwise, blow up the team, because as presently consituted, they will never be more than a 41 win 8th seed, and they will never be that, cause Baron won't play more than 50-60 games in a season.

Think you are spot on and I thought I'd never believe that but this roster just is not going to do anything ever!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:26 am
cabarkapa wrote:josh powell should get more minutes!!

Best post of the thread!!! :headbang:

btw, I can't believe people still are surprised we lost yet another game on the road... I'm pretty sure we'll go 0-5 or 1-4 (at best) in the trip.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:31 am
That was the worst loss of the year last night in my opinion. This was the first game of a five game road trip and the team played with absolutely no sense of urgency against the lowly Milwaukee Bucks. It was an embarassment.

I have been saying this all season long, until Nellie and the players decide to start playing some defense and get themselves in position for defensive rebounds this team will struggle mightily. Even after jumping up early last night it had nothing to do with defense and rebounding. The Warriors were simply making their jump shots. We all know they are not going to shoot 70% for a game so they were bound to come back down to Earth and once they did the Bucks breezed past them.

I am in favor of Josh Powell getting more minutes as well. I would like to see how he responds. His rebounding is suspect, but given a good amount of time on the floor, that might change. We have no players that can and will rebound other than Biedrins and that is causing a load of problems.

Al Harrington is rubbish. He can't defend and he can't rebound. All he cares about is getting down the floor and jacking up a shot. What is the deal with this guy and his horrible free throw shooting? What a joke! There is no excuse for NBA players to shoot free throws like that.

This road trip WILL determine the Warriors playoff chances. Judging by that performance the playoffs are going to be a distant memory in the next seven days after this trip is completed and the Warriors come back home with a goose egg in the win column over these five games.

Some big changes need to be made this season but that belongs in another thread. Things start with Mullen and then Nellie. These two might think they have a good team but the Warriors are not good. They are an average team that can't win on the road to save their season. Questions are being asked of this organization. What Mullen and Nellie will do in response remains to be seen until the summer.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:35 am
The only real encouraging thing from the game:

Nellie played Josh Powell. Not only did the guy get some solid minutes, he played even while Biedrins was on the floor. For the first time since the trade, there were two viable rebounders in the game at the same time. He put up some very repectable numbers: 12-8-5, even though most of that come during garbage time. (Admittedly, the entire seond half was garbage time.)

Powell might turn out to be the (good) surprise of the trade. I'd like to see more from this guy, as he seems to be interested in puting out some good effort and make the best of his time and skills.

Naturally, we see a guy play his best, and he gets injured. Anyone know how the head/neck injury is turning out? He did have to go to the hospital after the game.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 am
JayPat wrote:Prepare... for the suck.

I guess it came... :(
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:06 am
xbaywarrior wrote:and also... Jim Mora... where are you? "Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you crazy? I just hope we can win a game. Any game. Playoffs?" Sorry... just had to come out.

quoted for truth. Although some ppl consider this as whining, this is true. We have to win something especially on this road trip and this faceplant doesn't help us. Now we gotta win. Where is the damn sense of urgency that madden talks about all the time?
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads