Harrington is pathetic

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:26 am
TMC wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:I am sure me and everyone else thought that Harrington was a lot better than this. The guy is a volume shooter. It's easy to average 18 points a game when you are shooting over 20 times a game. That is not what we need out of out forwards.

I never thought Al was any better than this. I never wanted to sign him during the offseason, because he's just a good scorer (albeit streaky), but has much to prove in almost any other aspect of the game. Few boards for a 4, just average defense (at best)...

But that's not to say I'm not happy with him. Quite the opposite. Maybe it's just because he's no Mike-Freakin'-Dunleavy... :dontknow:

I agree with you totally. :D

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:...Pietrus had a terrible game but at least he tried to fight the big guys on the defensive board. He always does. The Warriors forgot about the guys who played well when they were going good. Mainly Barnes and Azabuike. These guys need to play more and Jax and harrington need to play less. Although Jax has the knack of making the right pass at the right time. nelly forgot who brought him to the dance.
:)

Nelson falls in and out of love all the time. Players do well and then sit. Others screw up and are rewarded with unlimited time. The reserves used to be a strength, But Nelson has screwed them up to the point that they don't do much any more and are getting worse with each passing game. The starters play so many minutes that late-quarter collapses are common now. Notice that other teams substitute early and often compared to the Ws, even though their subs are often not as good as those of the Ws.

The Ws could have run waves of quality reserves at the oppositon, but that option seems to be gone now. Too bad.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:38 am
carlgo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:...Pietrus had a terrible game but at least he tried to fight the big guys on the defensive board. He always does. The Warriors forgot about the guys who played well when they were going good. Mainly Barnes and Azabuike. These guys need to play more and Jax and harrington need to play less. Although Jax has the knack of making the right pass at the right time. nelly forgot who brought him to the dance.
:)

Nelson falls in and out of love all the time. Players do well and then sit. Others screw up and are rewarded with unlimited time. The reserves used to be a strength, But Nelson has screwed them up to the point that they don't do much any more and are getting worse with each passing game. The starters play so many minutes that late-quarter collapses are common now. Notice that other teams substitute early and often compared to the Ws, even though their subs are often not as good as those of the Ws.

The Ws could have run waves of quality reserves at the oppositon, but that option seems to be gone now. Too bad.

Good points, carlgo :D
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:22 am
We have too many same type of players in this team.
J-Rich, S-Jax, Al, Air France, they all play best at the same position, SG or SF.
We need a strong presence in side. Or we need someone who has Basketball IQ, not guys who can only go one on one or go in score. I still think trading away Ike is something we should not have done. But past is past, we need to focus on the coming road trip.
Go Warriors!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:36 am
gowarriorz wrote:We have too many same type of players in this team.
J-Rich, S-Jax, Al, Air France, they all play best at the same position, SG or SF.
We need a strong presence in side. Or we need someone who has Basketball IQ, not guys who can only go one on one or go in score. I still think trading away Ike is something we should not have done. But past is past, we need to focus on the coming road trip.

You need to focus your ire on Mullin for composing the team in this manner. That being said, SG/SF thrive under Nelson. Lastly, Mullin did not hire Nelson to guide this team to a championship. Mullin hired Nelson to provide us fans with an entertaining brand of basketball. Guys like Popovich, Jackson, Brown, and Riley win championships. Guys like Karl, Johnson, Van Gundy, DiAntoni, and Hill (Orlando) take teams to compete for championships. Guys like Nelson, Saunders, etc. are lifers who know the game but do not win championships.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:36 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:What a waste of height and speed. this guy is a terrible basketball player. Another 6'9" guy who wants to be a guard. Mo wonder Indiana wanted to dump him. i hate to say it but Dunleavy is a better rebounder and has more heart than this worthless piece of crap. i thought this guy was a good baketball player. I tried to give him mthe benefit of the doubt.

Let's face it. This is the same old Warriors with the same old meiocre players. They need to dump harrington as soon as they can. The Warriors were much better when Barnes was in the line-up. Be honest fellow board members Harrington is not very good, what is his strong point? He can't defend worht a damn. He's a sissy rebounder, He has no toughness. He's Mike Dunleavy all over again. He's Danny Ferry. :banghead:

A little harsh... don't ya think!?

Harrington and Dunleavy are two totally different players! You'd rather have Dunleavy than Harrington? You're crazy! Dunleavy never had heart or a winning mentality. Harrington's not that great, but he's way better than Dunleavy. At least Harrington can score 20+ points every three games!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:41 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:What a waste of height and speed. this guy is a terrible basketball player. Another 6'9" guy who wants to be a guard. Mo wonder Indiana wanted to dump him. i hate to say it but Dunleavy is a better rebounder and has more heart than this worthless piece of crap. i thought this guy was a good baketball player. I tried to give him mthe benefit of the doubt.

Let's face it. This is the same old Warriors with the same old meiocre players. They need to dump harrington as soon as they can. The Warriors were much better when Barnes was in the line-up. Be honest fellow board members Harrington is not very good, what is his strong point? He can't defend worht a damn. He's a sissy rebounder, He has no toughness. He's Mike Dunleavy all over again. He's Danny Ferry. :banghead:

Harrington and Dunleavy are two totally different players! You'd rather have Dunleavy than Harrington? You're crazy! Dunleavy never had heart or a winning mentality. Harrington's not that great, but he's way better than Dunleavy. At least Harrington can score 20+ points every three games!

The team is better with Harrington and Jackson vs. Dunleavy and Murphy. Unfortunately, the team is not very good. The big issue centers around Don Nelson and his inablity to get his teams to play defense and to rebound. Mullin knew this when he hired Nelson; however, Nelson was hired primarily to ensure that we fans were given an entertaining brand of basketball to watch. Unfortunately, entertaining basketball does not mean winning basketball. Kupchak, Petrie, Baylor; those guys run circles around Mullin. Jackson, Musselman, Dunleavy; all three of those guys demand that their players play defense and rebound.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:42 am
Josh Jamison wrote:

I never said I would rather have Dunleavy. I'm just majorly disappointed in Harrington. I thought we were getting a better player. Remember all the preseason hoopla about how the Warriors had to get this guy as a free agent? Is this what the fuss was about? He's not a difference maker thats for sure. :cry:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:18 pm
We have more talent and a worse team without Dunleavy. At least we had a player who could come off the bench and handle the ball and not be a fricking ball hog in Dunleavy. More importantly, Pietrus and Barnes have disappeared since the appearance of AL and S-Jax, which means we have about 8 players playing the same fricking postion (Ellis, J-Rich, Pietrus, Barnes, Harrington, S-Jax, Powell, Sarunas). This is a bad team pre-trade and post-trade. We are even worse in the half court (less than 100 points in a lot of post trade games losses) and I hate our defense (which is near the worse in the league) more than we when we had Dunleavy and Murphy. Assuming we could trade Ellis for a player like Noah, Durant or David Lee, I would trade our only all-star prospect for a bonafide big that could rebound, play defense and compliment Biedrins in the front line. Unfortunately, outside Oakland, the rest of the league is only interested in Biedrins or Ellis and I would not let Nellie trade away another big.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:31 pm
dareedle, that is the most honest and sincere thread I have read in a long time. I think you have sumed it up completely. Interchangeable parts only work video games. We need to establish some power and some defensive sooner insead of later.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:35 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:dareedle, that is the most honest and sincere thread I have read in a long time. I think you have sumed it up completely. Interchangeable parts only work video games. We need to establish some power and some defensive sooner insead of later.

Well then, obviously the first piece that needs to go is the Coach. As has been said a million times, that's not the kind of team he wants.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:51 am
Sorry to say this, but the Indiana got the better end of the trade.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:52 pm
Golden wrote:Sorry to say this, but the Indiana got the better end of the trade.

I don't think so... Dunleavy and Murphy don't have that winner mentality. Jason Richardson even said so. "We have people who want to win now" when asked about the acquisition of Jackson and Harrington. Out of all people J-Rich knows what a winning mentality is!

Dunleavy and Murphy only cared about their image and their stats. They never cared to win or for the team. All they wanted was a pay check.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:29 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:
Golden wrote:Sorry to say this, but the Indiana got the better end of the trade.

I don't think so... Dunleavy and Murphy don't have that winner mentality. Jason Richardson even said so. "We have people who want to win now" when asked about the acquisition of Jackson and Harrington. Out of all people J-Rich knows what a winning mentality is!

Dunleavy and Murphy only cared about their image and their stats. They never cared to win or for the team. All they wanted was a pay check.

J-Rich may know what a winning mentality is but he comes up short of being a leader on the court. If he was about winning J-Rich would have left for a payoff team long time ago. As for the trade, I feel Indiana got the better deal and the team is winning and off loaded trouble maker SJack.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Sorry to say this, but Golden State got the better end of the trade.

That being said, because Indiana has a low block player, O'Neal, Murphy should do well with in the half-court offense. With Golden State committed to the transition game, both Harrington and Jackson should thrive. Dunleavy will always be, at best, the 4th option on a very good team. Unfortunately, Dunleavy was being counted on to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a very bad Golden State team. Ike may do well for the Pacers, but Powell fits in much better on a Nelson-coached team.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball