Hey this looks like fun!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:11 pm
I've got some great ways for the Warriors to win more games.

1. When you have the ball inside, especially when it is 1 on 3 or 1 on 4, jump as hard as you can into their biggest player and scream as loud as you can AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It has to be loud enough for everyone at home to hear. You can mix it up by screaming "And 1". Look how well it worked for Brand and Maggette!. Cassel tried ramming into us a bunch of times, but his problem was that he didn't have the awesome yell to make the refs feel guilty for not calling the foul. Stephen Jackson tries to run into people, but his problem is that he only yells as loud as he can when he's laying on the ground after the play. During Stephen, during, that's the key.

2. When the opponent is running on a fast break and you are the one back, just run to the baseline and get ready to take the ball out of bounds. If you try to interfere with the person running to the bucket in any way, not only will you get a foul, but he will definitely score the bucket as well. Just let him have it and start the break the other way.

3. When you are on defense and the shot clock is at five seconds, please reach out and tackle the opponent with the ball. It doesn't matter if it sends him to the line or not. If you don't tackle him, he will undoubtably take a 3 point shot with .9 on the clock and bury it or you will foul him with less than a second left and he will sink the bucket and the free throw anyway. If you do it this way you will only give up two points instead of three every time.

4. At the end of periods, especially the third, run the four corners offense. If there are less than 90 seconds left in the quarter and you try to score, you will lose the ball, chase their thief to the other end and foul him while he dunks. It's better to keep the score as it is than to give up 6 to 8 unanswered points.

5. Oh, and someone please rent the W's a tape of the players from the 1980's. You will see that for some reason they don't need to pick up both feet and travel before they make a move. Watch how they choose a pivot foot and only move the other one. I know this looks funny and all, but for some reason the ref's don't mind it.

I believe if we follow these little rules, the game will be much more fun to watch and play. Go W's.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 pm
:roll: Panic thread...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:10 pm
32 wrote::roll: Panic thread...

expect anything less than that from "the warriors will win less games than the niners" jsw?
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
32 wrote::roll: Panic thread...

expect anything less than that from "the warriors will win less games than the niners" jsw?

It's tongue in cheek, asshole.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:12 pm
I knew it was tongue-in-cheek. It's still a panic thread.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:16 pm
32 wrote:I knew it was tongue-in-cheek. It's still a panic thread.

what he said
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:48 pm
I understand why though! The team makes the same mistakes over and over again

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:02 pm
migya wrote:I understand why though! The team makes the same mistakes over and over again

So does every team. That's why trading and drafting are necessary. Most NBA players don't learn new tricks on the job. Right now, the Warriors have greater success running the floor, than attempting to mix it up in the post. Why play to your weaknesses?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:I understand why though! The team makes the same mistakes over and over again

So does every team. That's why trading and drafting are necessary. Most NBA players don't learn new tricks on the job. Right now, the Warriors have greater success running the floor, than attempting to mix it up in the post. Why play to your weaknesses?

Nelson is a great coach and should have improved the defense a bit at least. Contenders do most things well, like the Suns do with their defense (seemingly underrated)

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:37 pm
Beautiful! You might add: do not contest shots under the basket. Give them the two and save the customary foul and a free throw.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:26 am
This team was very different than the team without Jrich. I'll take this loss, it's not a depressing display of basketball. They did what they could, but they fouled too much, allowed too many 3 point plays, and did not take many free throws.

Panic thread, indeed. [-X
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:57 am
migya wrote:Nelson is a great coach and should have improved the defense a bit at least. Contenders do most things well, like the Suns do with their defense (seemingly underrated)

I doubt Nellie really likes more than 4 or 5 guys from our current roster...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nelson is a great coach and should have improved the defense a bit at least. Contenders do most things well, like the Suns do with their defense (seemingly underrated)

I doubt that! Most players currently on the roster are built for run and gun style and they wouldn't have it any other way

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:24 am
TMC wrote:

We all know he loves Baron. Monta's in his good graces, too. Harrington seems like a Nelly-kind of player, but he's pretty streaky. Pietrus impressed Nelson before the season, as did Azuibuke midway through the season. Stephen Jackson has been warmly welcomed. And Biedrins is one of Nelly's guys, too.

I don't think he likes Foyle. He hasn't seen the best of Richardson yet, so he's passing judgement for now. I think he's getting sick of Barnes and disappointed with 'Roony. And I'm not sure where he stands on Patrick O'Bryant anymore. One minute, he's the future of the franchise. The next minute, he's D-League material.

Return to Warriors Basketball