Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2007-02-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Lakers?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:01 pm

80%
YES
20%
NO

Total votes: 10

All Star
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:01 pm
Los Angeles Lakers (31-25) @ Golden State Warriors (26-30)

Start time 3:00 PM PST @ The Oracle

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Monta Ellis
SG - Mickael Pietrus
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Lakers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Smush Parker
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Maurice Evans
PF - Lamar Odom
C - Andrew Bynum

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.7) | K. Bryant (28.9)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.6) | L. Odom (9.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.7) | K. Bryant (5.5)
SPG - B. Davis (2.0) | S. Parker (1.6)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.9) | A. Bynum (1.6)

Rookie
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:33 pm
Lakers by 12.

Role Player
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:56 pm
man not the lakers again i just hope the win so the people at school wont bug me all day
warriors by 4

Hall of Famer
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:24 pm
Home game so has to be a win! The team must win basically all their remaining home games if they continue to struggle on the road.

Warriors by 10

Role Player
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:20 am
I expect Kobe to go crazy on the Ws and random heroics from the Lakers bench. Blowout city. Lakeshow by 10+.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:12 am
I don't know what to think of this game. The Fakers have our number... but it's a home game, so it should be close.

Ws by 3.

btw, it's about time S-Jax goes to the bench and J-Rich gets back his starting spot...

Franchise Player
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 am
I finally get to see Jrich healthy and Kobe playing on the same court at the Oracle. We've only won one back-to-back all season. But we're freakin' sav's at home. Hmmm....

Defend our territory! Let's do this Warriors! W's by.... 6.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:55 am
TMC wrote:btw, it's about time S-Jax goes to the bench and J-Rich gets back his starting spot...

I'd rather Pietrus go to the bench

Hall of Famer
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:07 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:btw, it's about time S-Jax goes to the bench and J-Rich gets back his starting spot...

I'd rather Pietrus go to the bench

I don't. I want some more scoring coming from the bench. That doesn't mean that Pietrus has to play more minutes, quite the opposite...

All Star
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:27 am
Let Jax play the 3... he's 6'8. He plays better D and is more offensively polished than Pietrus. And taller. Why keep Pietrus in?

» Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 am
JayPat wrote:Let Jax play the 3... he's 6'8. He plays better D and is more offensively polished than Pietrus. And taller. Why keep Pietrus in?

Why, indeed. :D

All Star
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:22 am
i agree the last two games pietrus has had what? like a total of 7 or 10 points or something? thats not enough production for a starting player!! i'll be the first to admit i used to love pietrus for his energy and swagger, but now it seems like he has his feet stuck in cement, he hasnt really gotten much better. his #'s prove otherwise but thats because nelson has a noose around his neck. he'd be fine as a role player, because he's too inconsistent to be a starter. never the less, he's a tweener, let him walk at the end of this year. lord knows we have enough of these guys. our next goal should be to draft a TRUE PF or a TRUE SF!!! and i think we'll be fine, nelson will find somebody good.

as far as todays game goes, i think its a very important game. im looking at it as trying to go 2-1 after the break, with baron coming back pretty soon and being a healthy team. i dont think .500 is going to cut it, so we need to streak like 7 or 8 out of 10 , then play .500 and then we should be in pretty good shape for the rest of the year.

» Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:never the less, he's a tweener, let him walk at the end of this year.

Excellent opinion. :thumbleft:

All Star
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:42 pm
a great big ??? Kobe is a Ws killer (not that this makes us any different) but the lakers are playing even worse than the ws lately, and we need this game more. Some W needs a 30 point game (Jax, Harrington, Jrich?) and we need to hold the Lakers to a 5 board margin. All that said, like a true fan, Ws by 5

All Star
» Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:52 pm
I think J-Rich will get pumped up by the matchup against Kobe and go almost eye-for-eye.

Warriors by 8.