Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2007-02-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Do you expect another trade before the deadline?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:34 am

50%
YES
8
50%
NO
8

Total votes: 16

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:21 am
I'm not saying Pietrus deserves to get a truck load of money. In fact, he doesn't deserve much of an offer from mullin because guys like Barners have actually done a bit better but Pietrus plays the role of spot up shooter and defender so he does fit pretty well. Sometimes he can be real good but sometimes he is clumsy and he has yet to improve vastly on the weknesses he has. Things like ball handling and passing should have been fixed by now so due to those facts, he should only be resigned for 3 million at the most but he is better traded
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:21 am
32 wrote:he's still fundamentally retarded.


::lol:

Fundamentally retarded... I love it. Wonder if it goes in his resumé. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:20 am
migya wrote:I'm not saying Pietrus deserves to get a truck load of money. In fact, he doesn't deserve much of an offer from mullin because guys like Barners have actually done a bit better but Pietrus plays the role of spot up shooter and defender so he does fit pretty well. Sometimes he can be real good but sometimes he is clumsy and he has yet to improve vastly on the weknesses he has. Things like ball handling and passing should have been fixed by now so due to those facts, he should only be resigned for 3 million at the most but he is better traded

The Warriors can't resign everybody. Here's my list of who should be resigned:

1) Biedrins
2) Ellis
3) Azuibuke
4) Powell
5) Pietrus
6) Barnes

How would you change that? The Warriors can afford to offer 3 (maybe 4) of those guys money... and I hope they let Pietrus and Barnes walk.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:58 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not saying Pietrus deserves to get a truck load of money. In fact, he doesn't deserve much of an offer from mullin because guys like Barners have actually done a bit better but Pietrus plays the role of spot up shooter and defender so he does fit pretty well. Sometimes he can be real good but sometimes he is clumsy and he has yet to improve vastly on the weknesses he has. Things like ball handling and passing should have been fixed by now so due to those facts, he should only be resigned for 3 million at the most but he is better traded

The Warriors can't resign everybody. Here's my list of who should be resigned:

1) Biedrins
2) Ellis
3) Azuibuke
4) Powell
5) Pietrus
6) Barnes

How would you change that? The Warriors can afford to offer 3 (maybe 4) of those guys money... and I hope they let Pietrus and Barnes walk.


I completely agree 32, and you got the order right as well. Nice.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:20 pm
32 wrote:1) Biedrins
2) Ellis
3) Azuibuke
4) Powell
5) Pietrus
6) Barnes

How would you change that? The Warriors can afford to offer 3 (maybe 4) of those guys money... and I hope they let Pietrus and Barnes walk.



I reckon Barnes is doing better than Pietrus and should be about third on that list behind Monta. Barnes stepped up and won some games for the team this season. He has an allround game and is a very good fit for the team right now
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:36 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:1) Biedrins
2) Ellis
3) Azuibuke
4) Powell
5) Pietrus
6) Barnes

How would you change that? The Warriors can afford to offer 3 (maybe 4) of those guys money... and I hope they let Pietrus and Barnes walk.



I reckon Barnes is doing better than Pietrus and should be about third on that list behind Monta. Barnes stepped up and won some games for the team this season. He has an allround game and is a very good fit for the team right now


Well when you look at it, Barnes may be asking for a price to stay. I want him to stay, but the money will be an issue. I'd keep Barnes over MP though.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:27 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:1) Biedrins
2) Ellis
3) Azuibuke
4) Powell
5) Pietrus
6) Barnes

How would you change that? The Warriors can afford to offer 3 (maybe 4) of those guys money... and I hope they let Pietrus and Barnes walk.



I reckon Barnes is doing better than Pietrus and should be about third on that list behind Monta. Barnes stepped up and won some games for the team this season. He has an allround game and is a very good fit for the team right now


Well when you look at it, Barnes may be asking for a price to stay. I want him to stay, but the money will be an issue. I'd keep Barnes over MP though.

Matt Barnes completely reminds me of a Brian Cardinal type player; some guy who shines as a reserve/newcomer, but once everyone catches wind that he can play, he falls off.

Barnes' percentages in February have plummeted, for the 4th month in a row. Since November, the guy's been on a slippery slope. His FG% has gone from 60%, to 44%, to 40%, to now 39%. Likewise, his 3-pointers have fallen off an average of 9% per month.

One. Hit. Wonder.

I've been saying it all season long.

And, migya, you'd REALLY put Pietrus' resign above Azuibuke's and Powell's...?! Are you serious?? :oops: :shock:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:49 am
32 wrote:And, migya, you'd REALLY put Pietrus' resign above Azuibuke's and Powell's...?! Are you serious?? :oops: :shock:



If you read what I wrote you will see I said Barnes belongs third on the list for what he has done this season! That was going by your list which had Pietrus below Azu! Come to think of it though, at least Pietrus plays defense which Azu doesn't so maybe he is more valuable
Last edited by migya on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:29 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:And, migya, you'd REALLY put Pietrus' resign above Azuibuke's and Powell's...?! Are you serious?? :oops: :shock:



If you read what I wrote you will see I said Barnes belongs third on the list for what he has done this season! That was going by your list which had Pietrus below Azu! Come to think of it though, at least Pietrus plays defense which Azu doesn't so maybe he is more valuable


It would be unnecessary to resign a player whose best part of his game is his defense and worst part is his offense in an offensive minded system. He rebounds, plays d, and shoots threes consistently from one spot on the floor. He also has no handles, cannot pass, shoot mid-range jumpers, and is inconsistent shooting the three other than his "sweet spot." I think I'll take my chances with 'Buike.
Last edited by xbay on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 am
Migya hurry & get your media player so you can actually watch some games, Azu has had some of the most spectacular blocks of the season :!:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:33 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Migya hurry & get your media player so you can actually watch some games, Azu has had some of the most spectacular blocks of the season :!:



Don't be a smart arse broeman :mrgreen:

Azu can score but Pietrus hasn't been that bad himself and it is not like either will get much of a chance to score a heap anyway since they will both be on the bench mostly

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:46 am
Yea I was being a wise guy 8)

Azu, Barnes & Pietrus all compliment this TEAM but now the challenge will be to make the most of every opportunity with reduced roles & actually be even more of a impact...
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:06 am
32 wrote:And, migya, you'd REALLY put Pietrus' resign above Azuibuke's and Powell's...?! Are you serious?? :oops: :shock:


You know, I think Azu is the third player we should re-sign (right after Biedrins and Monta)... but I'm not sure about Powell. I like what he brings to the games, but I don't think it's that hard to find. I might be tempted to re-sign Pietrus above Powell (provided the numbers work).
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:20 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Yea I was being a wise guy 8)

Azu, Barnes & Pietrus all compliment this TEAM but now the challenge will be to make the most of every opportunity with reduced roles & actually be even more of a impact...



IF those guys can take the roles that they have to have and not want more AND if they can take modest money for the next season and those following, things could be better than ever but those are big IFS and players nowadays seem to think that 2 million dollars barely pays the bills and gives a comfortable life
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:28 am
I don't get why everyone's creaming over Mickael's defense.

Like I said last season... it's decent, but he's no stopper. In starting minutes, Pietrus can't even average over 1 steal IN A TRANSITIONAL, FAST-BREAK SCHEME LIKE NELSONS.

Guys like Baron, Monta, SJax, Harrington, and even Barnes are averaging over a steal per night. Mickael isn't. And that's sad, considering that even Dunleavy (who averaged 4 less minutes a night in Golden State) was grabbing 1.0 SPG. :roll:

And you know what's funny, miggy? In 10 minutes LESS per night, Azuibuke averages the exact same amount of steals that Pietrus does.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests