Rate J-Rich's first game back....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:56 am
I give him a B- for his efforts. He's noticably rusty offensively. Can't really fault him tho, he hasn't been able to shoot a basketball for the past 2 months.

But he did bring what we need the most... BOARDS!!

Not to mention, from a physical stand point, he's stayed in shape.

How long do you expect it to take for him to average 20ppg?

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:15 pm
Loved what he brought to the team. He rebounded, played good defense and made some nice passes. Once he gets his outside shot back he'll be back to form.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:24 pm
WestCoast O wrote:I give him a B- for his efforts. He's noticably rusty offensively. Can't really fault him tho, he hasn't been able to shoot a basketball for the past 2 months.

But he did bring what we need the most... BOARDS!!

Not to mention, from a physical stand point, he's stayed in shape.

How long do you expect it to take for him to average 20ppg?

2-3 weeks to be his old self.

As for the first game, I'm quite happy, even tho he still is not up to speed. He added lots of things we needed (like boards and, ... well, his attitude). I'd say a B sounds about right.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:53 pm
You guys are harsh! He started off rusty, but got into the groove later and absolutely put the Ws in a position to win. His intensity seemed to rub off on the others, he rebounded, defended, kept the ball in play and scored well, especially when it counted. How in the world could he have done better? He is a star player and showed it.

He gave me an apple in the form of a great performance and so I give him an A.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:57 pm
Showed some rust in the beginning but played into a nice groove.

The important thing was he finished strong. B+

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 pm
B on A-F scale.

He's at a B level since hes just starting to get back into the flow but with nothing looking overly lacking. He just needs more games like nelly was sayin.. His shot was looking rusty, but that is usually the last thing that comes back when you start playing again.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:36 pm
What I found interesting was the lesson he seemed to learn while sitting. I notice that he only tried to isolate himself twice (both unsuccessful as usual) throughout the game. He obviously looked the best while in the normal flow of the offense. I sincerely hope for his sake that he has seen how much better he can be when he's involved this way. I'd give him an A- for last night.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:44 pm
Yeah... B+/A-. You would have rated him higher if he had 25 points and 5 boards. But whatever...

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:23 pm
At this point, the more boards he gets, the better grade he gets. I think we got plenty of scoring that he doesn't have to drop 25 a game. It'd be nice, but not neccesary. Right now, what we need is rebounds and defense.... and someone who can finish fast breaks.

Gimmie REBOUNDS!! :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Dude, after missing over 20 games, the guy comes back and gives us 20, 10, and 5 like he never missed a day of work?

That's at least A-, to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:34 pm
The guy did great and he could have done alot worse in his first game back. He will get back to how he was in a month or so but for now, if he keeps doing similar things to what he did last game the team will win more than they will lose

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:32 pm
He gets an A from me. Yeah, he was rusty... but hell, who isn't after missing so many games? And you still put up numbers after a broken hand and a surgically repaired knee? You've got to be kiddin' me. A+ may be a reach, but A or A- is exactly there.

Jrich brings something we don't really have late in games. When the team was struggling to rebound late in the 4th, who came in and just grabbed it like a monster? Jrich. He wanted the ball, he showed he wanted to end it. I dunno about anyone else, but I've noticed Jrich is the most active player in the 4th, and I'm not just saying so because of last nights performance.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm
impressive for a first game back nonetheless

A-

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:03 pm
Without our young studs (Eliis and Biedrins), and our heart and soul J-Rich, this is a hard Warrior team to support. When the Baron, Harrington, Jax, Barnes, pietrus jumper don't fall the team collapses and plays no defense, no lose balls, no rebounds and no victories. With Ellis taking over the fourth quarter and J-Rich's effort, we can win ugly. With one of the worst jump shooting display in the league this season, J-Rich still had us in the game. Unfortunately, we will not be playing the very porous Grizzlies every night and a 37.3% shooting percentage from J-Rich will shoot us to another late lottery pick.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 pm
You're an absolute idiot.

37% is not that bad of a shooting percentage. Certainly not "league-worst".
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball