The Warriors need to make a trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:08 am
migya wrote:They will likely do that trade because they can replace Gordon at guard much easier than they can finding a great big player like Gasol. Wouldn't be surprised if the Celts are offering up guys like Jefferson and Allen for Gasol

You know, the Celtics are keeping Al Jefferson, Pierce and Green out of any trade talks... that's why they aren't doing anything. GMs nowadays are more scared of what they may lose than what the may gain.

32 wrote:Gordon and Deng for Gasol sounds like the only trade with totally equal value.

I'm not sure about that. Gasol is better than any of them... but both?. I think it's too much for Pau.

It would be different if it were just one of them, Tyrus Thomas and PJ Brown... That's more equal value.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:They will likely do that trade because they can replace Gordon at guard much easier than they can finding a great big player like Gasol. Wouldn't be surprised if the Celts are offering up guys like Jefferson and Allen for Gasol

You know, the Celtics are keeping Al Jefferson, Pierce and Green out of any trade talks... that's why they aren't doing anything. GMs nowadays are more scared of what they may lose than what the may gain.

I've always liked the roster the Celtics have but they have done horribly! A change is needed and it is not just getting rid of Wally but a couple of the young guys as well. They need some experience on that team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:27 am
migya wrote:I've always liked the roster the Celtics have but they have done horribly! A change is needed and it is not just getting rid of Wally but a couple of the young guys as well. They need some experience on that team

Yeah, sure. I just think they'll wait til the draft. Their needs are going to be different if they get Durant (if he declares) or Oden.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:31 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I've always liked the roster the Celtics have but they have done horribly! A change is needed and it is not just getting rid of Wally but a couple of the young guys as well. They need some experience on that team

Yeah, sure. I just think they'll wait til the draft. Their needs are going to be different if they get Durant (if he declares) or Oden.

Since they are going to get one of the top 3 picks (likely), they would not be wrong in trying to get Kidd and one or two others for Pierce. Something like Krstic and Kidd for Pierce and Kandi or one of the underperforming PGs (all three are) would be ideal because they would have a few scorers but would need a great distributor

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:10 am
I really can't stand the thought of trading Jason. This guy is the heart and soul of the team. Did we all forget that letter of appreciation he sent last year?

Pietrus is a clown. A nice guy. But he should be the first one to go.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:17 am
Hoonyo wrote:I really can't stand the thought of trading Jason. This guy is the heart and soul of the team. Did we all forget that letter of appreciation he sent last year?

very true...

but if you're trying to get something good in return, you can't give up somebody that's practically useless...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:24 am
Hoonyo wrote:I really can't stand the thought of trading Jason. This guy is the heart and soul of the team. Did we all forget that letter of appreciation he sent last year?

AGREED!!!! AGREED!!! AGREED!!! AGREED!!! I'M SICK OF ALL THIS "LET'S TRADE J-RICH" BULL SH-T!!! HE'S DONE WONDERS FOR THIS TEAM AND WILL KEEP DOING WONDERS!!! HE'S A WARRIOR AT HEART AND CARES FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND THE FANS!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:04 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:

AGREED!!!! AGREED!!! AGREED!!! AGREED!!! I'M SICK OF ALL THIS "LET'S TRADE J-RICH" BULL SH-T!!! HE'S DONE WONDERS FOR THIS TEAM AND WILL KEEP DOING WONDERS!!! HE'S A WARRIOR AT HEART AND CARES FOR THE ORGANIZATION AND THE FANS!!!

who's saying otherwise? who's saying let's trade him b/c he's a cancer, b/c he has no heart, b/c he can't play, b/c he doesn't care about his fans?

you're sorely missing the point.

we have rebounding/interior issues that we need to address - he's a highly desirable commodity and would return an equally valuable player...

we have a surplus of guards - ellis essentially - that can definitely hold their own...

if you think with your head and not your heart, you'd see that, as much as I hate to see him go too, if we can get a player that can impact the interior as much as jrich impacts the perimeter, i'd do it.

you'd be foollish not to.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:58 pm
I'm just saying that he shouldn't be traded and stating why. He is the Golden State Warriors. Why trade away your heart and sole? J-Rich deserves to stay on this team. He's proven that to us. People that think we should trade him cuz they can't wait for him to fully heal are stupid! I'm not saying everyone on here says this, but you and I know that there are people out there that think that way.

Whenever I see "let's trade J-Rich" I think it's stupid, because his passion is with this team. Finding players that really have a huge passion for the game and for winning and for their teammates and for their fans and is actually a star player is very very hard to come by! You know what you're gonna get from J-Rich every night. HUSTLE, HEART, SKILL, AND IMPROVEMENT!!! WHY TRADE THAT!!!

It insults me to see "let's trade J-Rich," just as well as "Adonal does not hustle." Those two frases are insulting to me.

I understand your point aletha33, but I'm a J-Rich fan (so you can say I'm biased) and I don't want him to be traded.

Also you don't need to assume that I'm missing the point! I know what the point of this post is! I'm just stating my frustration. Next time I'll make sure that I ask the "Post Police" before I state my frustrations. I'm sure you have a favorite player and if he was on your favorite team wouldn't you be discouraged if people wanted to trade him? YES!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:22 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I'm just saying that he shouldn't be traded and stating why. He is the Golden State Warriors. Why trade away your heart and sole? J-Rich deserves to stay on this team. He's proven that to us. People that think we should trade him cuz they can't wait for him to fully heal are stupid! I'm not saying everyone on here says this, but you and I know that there are people out there that think that way.

Whenever I see "let's trade J-Rich" I think it's stupid, because his passion is with this team. Finding players that really have a huge passion for the game and for winning and for their teammates and for their fans and is actually a star player is very very hard to come by! You know what you're gonna get from J-Rich every night. HUSTLE, HEART, SKILL, AND IMPROVEMENT!!! WHY TRADE THAT!!!

It insults me to see "let's trade J-Rich," just as well as "Adonal does not hustle." Those two frases are insulting to me.

I understand your point aletha33, but I'm a J-Rich fan (so you can say I'm biased) and I don't want him to be traded.

Also you don't need to assume that I'm missing the point! I know what the point of this post is! I'm just stating my frustration. Next time I'll make sure that I ask the "Post Police" before I state my frustrations. I'm sure you have a favorite player and if he was on your favorite team wouldn't you be discouraged if people wanted to trade him? YES!!!

i hear what you're saying too...but...

when you say you're biased, you ain't lying...

the difference between me and you is that ya, i may have a favorite player and it would frustrate the hell out of me if trade rumors ran rampant - but i'd temper that frustration with the realization that as much as it would hurt, i'd be OK w/ it if would help our team win.

you're like NO NO NO...NEVER...when I read that people are adamant about NOT trading jrich trade ONLY b/c he's the heart, the face, hustles, has passion etc..., I think THAT is foolish.

this biased thinking is obvious when you don't include caveats to your 'NO NO NO's'
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:23 pm
ah sh*t, i got promoted..

i'm a 'role player' now...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:34 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:Gordon and Deng for Gasol sounds like the only trade with totally equal value.

I'm not sure about that. Gasol is better than any of them... but both?. I think it's too much for Pau.

It would be different if it were just one of them, Tyrus Thomas and PJ Brown... That's more equal value.

Ehhh... big men effect win/losses more than guards. Gordon and Deng are excellent players, but Gasol would make the Bulls instoppable.

PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Kirk Hinrich
SF - Andres Nocioni
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Ben Wallace

That's a championship caliber lineup. Insert Gordon and Deng for Pau... and suddenly it doesn't look so championship worthy. Look at Detroit; they won a ring with the best frontcourt in the league (Tayshaun & the Wallace's) and suddenly everyone thinks their backcourt is f*cking amazing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:32 pm
The Pistons backcourt is amazing and they get the majority of the points and clutch shot for that great team. The frontcourt was as much an integral part but ALL the players on the Pistons contributed essentially

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:10 pm
migya wrote:The Pistons backcourt is amazing and they get the majority of the points and clutch shot for that great team. The frontcourt was as much an integral part but ALL the players on the Pistons contributed essentially

Who were Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billips before they won the rings?

Answer me that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:26 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:The Pistons backcourt is amazing and they get the majority of the points and clutch shot for that great team. The frontcourt was as much an integral part but ALL the players on the Pistons contributed essentially

Who were Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billips before they won the rings?

Answer me that.

Billups and Hamilton were very productive players! What did Rasheed, BWallace and Prince ever do before the championship? They had their strengths but never won a thing! ALL the Pistons players (Starting Five) had equal contribution in their championship!

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball