i can't believe we're only a half game out

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:52 pm
It's a good thing too. You'd come to expect this from the West, which is why it makes it more exciting to keep up and watch. 4-6 teams will compete for those last two spots until the end of the season. You just have to keep up with your team if the race is so close. There's no margin for error in it. I WANT the Warriors to get the 8th spot, because if the Mavs keep it up, they'll get the 1st seed.

And Warriors vs Mavs in the 1st round? I'll definitely take it. The experience of finally seeing the Warriors in the playoffs? Dunno for adults, but for teenagers... it'll be like sex for the first time. :mrgreen:

Okay, time to get back on topic.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:09 am
that was a very entertaining game :shock:
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:10 am
xbaywarrior wrote:And Warriors vs Mavs in the 1st round? I'll definitely take it. The experience of finally seeing the Warriors in the playoffs? Dunno for adults, but for teenagers... it'll be like sex for the first time. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

Be even better if the team upset the Mavs but unlikely. Just getting to the playoffs is the first step

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:19 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:And Warriors vs Mavs in the 1st round? I'll definitely take it. The experience of finally seeing the Warriors in the playoffs? Dunno for adults, but for teenagers... it'll be like sex for the first time. :mrgreen:

Be even better if the team upset the Mavs but unlikely. Just getting to the playoffs is the first step

Yeah, you'd have to consider that the Warriors have no playoff experience as a current team. They have some players on the team such as SJax and Baron, but come playoff time, teams are VERY different. Fatigue sets in... which is why I don't see the Suns getting to the finals. D'Antoni just doesn't use his bench. They have players, but he puts the burden on Nash, Amare, and Marion the whole season. That's just not something to do, especially in the type of system they play in. You can only run for so long.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, you'd have to consider that the Warriors have no playoff experience as a current team. They have some players on the team such as SJax and Baron, but come playoff time, teams are VERY different. Fatigue sets in... which is why I don't see the Suns getting to the finals. D'Antoni just doesn't use his bench. They have players, but he puts the burden on Nash, Amare, and Marion the whole season. That's just not something to do, especially in the type of system they play in. You can only run for so long.

Great point about the experience of the team but it will be a great one and something all the players will learn from.

The Suns seem like the sort of team that can keep up such a torid pace even in the playoffs. They are that great and that fit but D'Antoni should use his bench alot more because he has alot of talent there. Still think they might go all the way or close

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:07 am
If Mullin trades for a big like Magloire or Nazr Mohammed the Warriors could fight for the 7th spot & the Lakers could continue to drop so the 6 spot will be interesting, N.O. should be in the mix but I think Minn/Sac/Clippers fall out [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:13 am
O.G. Broe wrote:If Mullin trades for a big like Magloire or Nazr Mohammed

I don't think any of those two are a good fit for us (Mohammed financially and Magloire... well, he's slow as f*ck. Terrible fit for our kind of bball).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:26 am
TMC wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:If Mullin trades for a big like Magloire or Nazr Mohammed

I don't think any of those two are a good fit for us (Mohammed financially and Magloire... well, he's slow as f*ck. Terrible fit for our kind of bball).

Exactly! The team as is is built to run and if a big is attained, it will have to be a guy that can keep up with the running a bit

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 am
The Warriors need a banger like David Lee who has a high shooting percentage and great rebounds. 5-6 rebounds in 40 minutes from Harrington is killing the team ... we have another fricking Murphy ( a power forward that can't play the position and wants to play in the perimeter) A PJ Brown would help but any player that can compliment Biedrins, who saved the game along with Ellis, would put the Warriors in a good position to make a late season charge for the playoffs. The Phoenix run and gun looks a smoother than the Warriors (not because of their defense and flops) but because Marion and Amare just fricking clean the boards. More rebounds mean more fast breaks, lower shooting percentage for our opponents, less half court offense and our players actual play hard. Even though J-Rich was extremely rusty offensively , he landed 10 rebounds.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball