The Warriors need to make a trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:11 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:16 pm
I know they have just made a trade getting rid of Dunleavy and Murphy, and I know their options are slightly limited as to how they can trade their 4 new players.

However, judging by the Warriors' roster, they have too many players at the swing positions. I don't necessarily think that Kidd is needed, although I would not pass up a reasonable trade for him.

Don't want to trade Beidrins or Ellis? That is fine. The Warriors have a plethora of decent players.

Matt Barnes played very well for a long stretch this year. I'm sure someone could use a guy who has his tools. Pietrus and Azabouke? Jackson and Harrington? Richardson coming back?

There are just too many swingmen and not enough basketballs for them all to get their shots, especially if Davis and Ellis are going to get their shots too.

If Foyle, Richardson, and Pietrus was possible for either Kidd or Gasol, I don't see how the Warriors could pass it up. In their current state, I would definitely prefer Gasol. Beidrins-Gasol-Harrington would be a pretty good rebounding front line.

If a draft pick needs to be dangled, I don't see why that would be a problem. The Warriors have been players in the draft for too long, and they need an actual stud player. Also, Barnes could be a throw in if the other team needs motivation getting the deal done or if theres another player the Warriors want the Nets/Grizzlies to toss in.

The worst thing that can happen is no trade at all.

Yes I am a Sixer fan, but remember that the Warriors were originally from Philadelphia... and I now live nearby in San Jose.

Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:51 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:07 am
I agree that getting Gasol would be awesome.

With the W's uptempo sytle, he would easily get 21ppg, 10rpg, 5apg and 2bpg. I would give up Ellis and Biedrins...
Nothing good comes easily...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 am
luckyace wrote:I agree that getting Gasol would be awesome.

With the W's uptempo sytle, he would easily get 21ppg, 10rpg, 5apg and 2bpg. I would give up Ellis and Biedrins...



It'd be good to get Gasol but no more than JRich or Baron, Pietrus and future 1st rounder. The frontline certainly would be very good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:00 am
sixerdave wrote:If Foyle, Richardson, and Pietrus was possible for either Kidd or Gasol, I don't see how the Warriors could pass it up. In their current state, I would definitely prefer Gasol. Beidrins-Gasol-Harrington would be a pretty good rebounding front line.


Memphis would never go for that... Pietrus is an expirer, Foyle is a cap blackhole and J-Rich is the only valuable commodity they'd get for Gasol... No way they do that trade.

As of now, I'm pretty sure Gasol will stay put til the offseason, at least.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:19 am
I reckon the Bulls might well hand over both Gordon and Deng for Gasol but nothing else except cap fillers and that would be a fairly even trade
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:21 am
migya wrote:I reckon the Bulls might well hand over both Gordon and Deng for Gasol but nothing else except cap fillers and that would be a fairly even trade


Just one of them... that's what holding back the trade. And it probably won't happen at this point.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I reckon the Bulls might well hand over both Gordon and Deng for Gasol but nothing else except cap fillers and that would be a fairly even trade


Just one of them... that's what holding back the trade. And it probably won't happen at this point.



You'll find that the Bulls will do it because they legitimately want to become a top team and getting Gasol could probably do that. Guards are easier to replace and so they will do it
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:34 pm
Why does everybody think that Kidd and BD would work together!!!!???

It's retarded thinking! If we trade for Kidd we have to get rid of BD... It's that f-ckin' simple. We can't have two true point guards on our team. Does not work!!!!!!!!!!

J-Rich will not be traded!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Kidd and BD WOULDN'T work together (see Marbury and Francis on the Knicks).

The most attractive thing about Kidd is that his contract's up in 2 seasons. I wouldn't trade for Kidd... but, like TMC said, there's always a new Kidd rumor in Golden State...

... which I don't understand, by the way. I mean, for some reason, Warriors fans have a huge chubby for Jason Kidd. I know the kid went to Cal... but he was also a childhood Lakers fan, not Warriors.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:03 pm
you can bunch BD, marbury, and francis together, but not kidd. if a situation with two point guards would EVER work, this would be it.

and i don't understand who WOULDN'T want kidd on their team. ya, CAL, st. joseph's, bay area native and all, etc...that's not the reason why we would want him here. he's what, top two PG in the league...the dude is bad a**, better than any player we currently have.

but i can totally understand one's hesitancy factoring in age & $$ only...not ability or chemistry questions.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:08 pm
Kidd's time as one of the league's elite is running on empty.

Giving up somebody like Jason Richardson (whose clearly got 10 years in the tank) for him wouldn't be a good trade.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:11 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I reckon the Bulls might well hand over both Gordon and Deng for Gasol but nothing else except cap fillers and that would be a fairly even trade


Just one of them... that's what holding back the trade. And it probably won't happen at this point.



You'll find that the Bulls will do it because they legitimately want to become a top team and getting Gasol could probably do that. Guards are easier to replace and so they will do it

no they wouldn't. period. The reason a trade hasn't happened it that it's stalemated at the bulls not willing to offer both gordon and deng and the grizz not taking less than that.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:15 pm
Gordon and Deng for Gasol sounds like the only trade with totally equal value.

You know what they say; a good compromise leaves everyone unhappy. :wink:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I reckon the Bulls might well hand over both Gordon and Deng for Gasol but nothing else except cap fillers and that would be a fairly even trade


Just one of them... that's what holding back the trade. And it probably won't happen at this point.



You'll find that the Bulls will do it because they legitimately want to become a top team and getting Gasol could probably do that. Guards are easier to replace and so they will do it

no they wouldn't. period. The reason a trade hasn't happened it that it's stalemated at the bulls not willing to offer both gordon and deng and the grizz not taking less than that.



They will likely do that trade because they can replace Gordon at guard much easier than they can finding a great big player like Gasol. Wouldn't be surprised if the Celts are offering up guys like Jefferson and Allen for Gasol
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Oakland
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:26 am
aletha33 wrote:you can bunch BD, marbury, and francis together, but not kidd. if a situation with two point guards would EVER work, this would be it.

and i don't understand who WOULDN'T want kidd on their team. ya, CAL, st. joseph's, bay area native and all, etc...that's not the reason why we would want him here. he's what, top two PG in the league...the dude is bad a**, better than any player we currently have.

but i can totally understand one's hesitancy factoring in age & $$ only...not ability or chemistry questions.


Ok fine, but then where does Monta fit in? Is Kidd gonna play small forward? I suppose you still could play Kidd 32 minutes a night, Baron 34 and Monta 30, but then you make it so you can't have your top 3 players on the court at one time. That's retarded.

I would do a Baron for Kidd in a second. Maybe even throw in Pietrus. My dream: a 3 way trade including Baron, Pietrus and some future 1st round picks for CP3. I know the Hornets don't want to trade Chris Paul but i don't care. After watching the rookie-soph game I want him on our team.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron