Lastest News on POB

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:14 pm
That sounds alright, but I'd rather have Biedrins in either way. If he outproduces Biedrins, then sure.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:01 pm
Only reason I'm shaky about Biedrins is because he can flat out disappear on the offensive end and he's foul prone. Other than that, he rebounds and defends like an upper-tier NBA center.

But O'Bryant knows a couple tricks that Biedrins doesn't. Setting up in the post is one, hitting his free throws is another (O'Bryant went 11 for 12 in a D-League game), and it also doesn't hurt that Chef is an inch or so taller than Andris.

You won't get an argument from me that O'Bryant should start over Biedrins anytime soon... but the Chef does have his advantages.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:16 am
O'bryant just has to do most things decently and that will be enough to get him a spot on the roster as the team is small right now.

I really would like Mullin to try to trade for Perkins of the Celts in a deal for Pierce. I reckon Barnes was doing about as good of a job as Harrington is doing now at PF so that would be covered like it is now. Defense and rebounding are still way off and the team has just failed to win more this season, injuries have been pretty big yes, but the trade just hasn't done much either

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:46 am
migya wrote:I reckon Barnes was doing about as good of a job as Harrington is doing now at PF so that would be covered like it is now.

:-s

Barnes played his most minutes in December and put up these numbers:

13.8 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.8 BPG
Shooting 43.7% from the field, 42.5% from the arc, and 82.8% from the line
In 32:53 MPG

Those aren't exactly Harrington-level numbers; Al (besides free throws) is a better percentage shooter, puts more points up, more boards, and more assists. There's no doubt that Barnes is a better defensive player, but Harrington (overall) brings much more to the table.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:50 pm
32 wrote:Barnes played his most minutes in December and put up these numbers:

It's funny how that's more productive than Dunleavy ever was...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:03 pm
JayPat wrote:

It's funny how that's more productive than Dunleavy ever was...

Those were ideal numbers, from Dunleavy. Mike had nothing of Barnes' defense or shooting percentages. The only reason Dunleavy could get the same amount of points and assists is because he played much longer than Barnes... and, still, Matt outperformed him in every other area of the game.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:10 pm
if andris gets in early foul trouble tonight i want to see pat get some mins!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:if andris gets in early foul trouble tonight i want to see pat get some mins!!

Me, too. O'Bryant's return is extremely welcomed. I hope the Warriors blow the Grizz out... and O'Bryant gets the whole 4th quarter.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:40 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:I reckon Barnes was doing about as good of a job as Harrington is doing now at PF so that would be covered like it is now.

:-s

Barnes played his most minutes in December and put up these numbers:

Those aren't exactly Harrington-level numbers; Al (besides free throws) is a better percentage shooter, puts more points up, more boards, and more assists. There's no doubt that Barnes is a better defensive player, but Harrington (overall) brings much more to the table.

Those number by Barnes are more than solid and you said it with the defense, which sets them apart. The team won some games because of Barnes stepping up as well. My point is that Harrington is tradeable in the offseason and Mullin should realise that he is a pretty sort after player that could get a very good player here on the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 am

I really like Barnes. I mean, he shouldn't start for any playoff team... but he's a damn good player to have coming from the bench. Ditto with Azubuike.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 am
32 wrote:Only reason I'm shaky about Biedrins is because he can flat out disappear on the offensive end and he's foul prone. Other than that, he rebounds and defends like an upper-tier NBA center.

But O'Bryant knows a couple tricks that Biedrins doesn't. Setting up in the post is one, hitting his free throws is another (O'Bryant went 11 for 12 in a D-League game), and it also doesn't hurt that Chef is an inch or so taller than Andris.

You won't get an argument from me that O'Bryant should start over Biedrins anytime soon... but the Chef does have his advantages.

Another reason to see POB get some playing time was what happened last night when Foyle tried to guard Gasol; Gasol easily drove by Foyle and slammed the ball thru the hoop on an easy dunk. It's pathetic when we hear people praise Foyle for his defense. I don't see it. I would love to see POB get some time as Biedrens backup.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:56 pm
uptempo wrote:
32 wrote:Only reason I'm shaky about Biedrins is because he can flat out disappear on the offensive end and he's foul prone. Other than that, he rebounds and defends like an upper-tier NBA center.

Another reason to see POB get some playing time was what happened last night when Foyle tried to guard Gasol; Gasol easily drove by Foyle and slammed the ball thru the hoop on an easy dunk. It's pathetic when we hear people praise Foyle for his defense. I don't see it. I would love to see POB get some time as Biedrens backup.

Foyle plays good defense against stronger, slower bigs. But not against "quicker" bigs like Gasol.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:35 pm
What you mean to say is that Foyle is useless when we're not playing Miami, Portland, or San Antonio. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:10 pm
32 wrote:What you mean to say is that Foyle is useless when we're not playing Miami, Portland, or San Antonio. :wink:

Don't forget Houston, New York and Orlando.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 pm
My bad.

Foyle's useful against 6 of 30 teams. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball