Monta is a fcking baller

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:53 am
migya wrote:Bold trade scenarios - As in being able to trade Baron or JRich OR MONTA as well, as he too is tradeable and noone should think he isn't! He is a combo guard and so Mullin has some leverage with trading either Baron or JRich if he wants

Yeah, I know what you mean... but Monta shouldn't be traded unless it's for a really big star (which means... it won't happen).

In fact, I'm quite happy with the way he's been playing with Baron out of the lineup. If he adapts well at the PG spot, maybe trading Baron in the future could be a possibility.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:25 am
dareedle wrote:There are obvious comparisons about agent 0 and Monta. First, they are stud second round picks. Second, both are athletic tweeners that have improved every year. Hopefully, Ellis will inherit GA's work ethic and practice enought to develop an outstanding jumper, it is really up to Monta if he becomes a superstar or another shot first point guard. Finally, Mullin is committed to upturning the entire roster to keep his star guard (sorry Baron). The Kidd rumors sound right on the mark, because a. the Nets want to rebuild b. Nellie is incapable of coaching a big c. Mullie is unable to trade, draft or sign a free agent big worth a bag of beans except (Biedrins) d. Baron at a ripe age of 27 is not able to keep healthy. e. Kidd and his rebounding and fast break abilities would compliment the Warriors and our army of perimeter players.

I think Kidd played in the backcourt with Oscar Robertson.
Last edited by The Coooach on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:02 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Bold trade scenarios - As in being able to trade Baron or JRich OR MONTA as well, as he too is tradeable and noone should think he isn't! He is a combo guard and so Mullin has some leverage with trading either Baron or JRich if he wants

Yeah, I know what you mean... but Monta shouldn't be traded unless it's for a really big star (which means... it won't happen).

In fact, I'm quite happy with the way he's been playing with Baron out of the lineup. If he adapts well at the PG spot, maybe trading Baron in the future could be a possibility.

No way. Baron is our best PG, and will always be our best PG. Hopefully with POB back, our rebounding deficiency will lessen. But Monta might not even be a PG, much less a good one. Keep Baron.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:02 pm
JayPat wrote:
TMC wrote:

No way. Baron is our best PG, and will always be our best PG. Hopefully with POB back, our rebounding deficiency will lessen. But Monta might not even be a PG, much less a good one. Keep Baron.

Either way, with Monta, either Baron or JRich is somewhat expendable. It would be great to keep all three but the frontline needs a real big that score inside properly (like Diogu could) and some defense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 pm
If anything, Monta would be the one teams would want. If Jrich was healthy, he'd be the center of attention of our Warriors backcourt. So overall, in terms of who would be asked from other teams in a trade first...

1. Jrich
2. Monta
3. Baron
4. Jackson
5. MP
6. Azubuike
7. Cabbage

But currently, with Jrich not 100%, Monta is the most talked about guard in terms of wanting to receive back value in a trade.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:12 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:If anything, Monta would be the one teams would want. If Jrich was healthy, he'd be the center of attention of our Warriors backcourt. So overall, in terms of who would be asked from other teams in a trade first...

1. Jrich
2. Monta
3. Baron
4. Jackson
5. MP
6. Azubuike
7. Cabbage

But currently, with Jrich not 100%, Monta is the most talked about guard in terms of wanting to receive back value in a trade.

No, Monta's the most requested Warrior on the roster.

He's WAY younger, his sophomore stat's out-do JRich's, and he looks to have SUPERSTAR potential (don't get me wrong; Richardson's definately "a star"... but I don't think there are more than 10-12 "superstars" in this league right now).

Monta Ellis isn't a total slam dunk, like a Dwight Howard or a LeBron James, but he's up there. The league see's Ellis as the next Gilbert Arenas.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:20 am
xbaywarrior wrote:If anything, Monta would be the one teams would want. If Jrich was healthy, he'd be the center of attention of our Warriors backcourt. So overall, in terms of who would be asked from other teams in a trade first...

1. Jrich
2. Monta
3. Baron
4. Jackson
5. MP
6. Azubuike
7. Cabbage

Monta is a keeper for now but there could be problems resigning him because he cold really ask for a heap. It is still team to organisation, from a playing view, that is just not great yet

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:24 am
32 wrote:

1. Jrich
2. Monta
3. Baron
4. Jackson
5. MP
6. Azubuike
7. Cabbage

No, Monta's the most requested Warrior on the roster.

He's WAY younger, his sophomore stat's out-do JRich's, and he looks to have SUPERSTAR potential (don't get me wrong; Richardson's definately "a star"... but I don't think there are more than 10-12 "superstars" in this league right now).

Monta Ellis isn't a total slam dunk, like a Dwight Howard or a LeBron James, but he's up there. The league see's Ellis as the next Gilbert Arenas.

Me, too! :D :D
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:55 pm
Hmm... I'd say Monta's keys to becoming a superstar:

-Develop a great jump shot (hardest one, he will have to make this leap though to become a superstar)
-Cut down on turnovers (he has already, maybe a lil more)
-Improve play-making skills
-Put on a tiny bit more weight
-Better ball-handling couldn't hurt, but not a necessity as he is fine in this area

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:55 pm
I would have to say Ellis and Biedrins would be the 2 most requested from other teams. They are both 20 years old and are on their rookie deals..

BTW.. here is a clip of monta just tearing it up at the rookie/soph game.. That kid is a sick mofo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKHC4uTKaY
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:13 pm
JayPat wrote:Hmm... I'd say Monta's keys to becoming a superstar:

-Develop a great jump shot (hardest one, he will have to make this leap though to become a superstar)
-Better ball-handling couldn't hurt, but not a necessity as he is fine in this area

I think you missed a big one: learn how to get to the line.

Every great NBA guard shoots a ton of free throws. LeBron, Kobe, AI, DWade, Arenas... they all get to the line a lot. If Monta Ellis could find a way to average 10 free throws a night, he'd put up 30 points a game. Easy.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:17 pm
32 wrote:

Every great NBA guard shoots a ton of free throws. LeBron, Kobe, AI, DWade, Arenas... they all get to the line a lot. If Monta Ellis could find a way to average 10 free throws a night, he'd put up 30 points a game. Easy.

I definitely agree, but if he gets all the things I listed, getting to the line will be no problem. And don't remember, he's one of the better finishers in the NBA, so I bet we'll be seeing plenty of And1's.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:44 pm
32 wrote:

Kobe, Gil, and AI all have about a 15% draw foul% compared to Ellis' 14% (gil and kobe are both less than 1% better than monta) so I don't think drawing fouls much of an issue.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:48 pm
jer7o7 wrote:I would have to say Ellis and Biedrins would be the 2 most requested from other teams. They are both 20 years old and are on their rookie deals..

BTW.. here is a clip of monta just tearing it up at the rookie/soph game.. That kid is a sick mofo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKHC4uTKaY

Both Monta and Biedrins likely would be the two most sort after players actually and it is because of their nice contracts! Biedrins definately must be keept and Monta should as well but he would have to coexist with Baron and JRich and it is a sure thing that if he is resigned, it will be for a truck load so the salary could be an issue later on. Alot of these new guys on the team have shown very good ability and contracts will be an issue

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball