Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:12 pm
:mrgreen: i can't believe we're only a half game out
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 am
Hard to believe but a real good thing because I reckon the team will finish the season with everyone healthy and they should have a good showing in the playoffs

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:33 am
I still say 41 wins gets the 8th seed, which means the ws have to go 16-12, doable with a healthy team
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:39 am
coltraning wrote:I still say 41 wins gets the 8th seed, which means the ws have to go 16-12, doable with a healthy team

Well they are basically 8th seed right now so every other team has to win as much they will if not more and that doesn't look likely unless one of the teams gets hot. I say 41 wins but it could end up as low as 38 or 39

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:48 am
I still stick with 43 wins. Teams fighting to enter the playoffs in the last spots usually have a flurry of wins in the last few games, playing against teams whose season is already over and others that play their bench players to rest the starters...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:22 am
There will be some serious scoreboard watching as the season winds down because our competition for the 8th spot have some serious flaws. Clippers are just flat and a feuding Maggette is killing the team chemistry. Minnesota has no talent or experience to surround KG, Sacramento has a lot of dissension and the Hornets are another injury to CPaul to a late season tailspin. If healthy, the Warriors have enough fire power to put a serious run at a .500 season and playoff spot. Despite having a roster full of knuckleheads, the Warriors have the most passion and sense of desperation, or urgency to finally make the playoffs. The move that makes the most sense is trading for Pietrus for PJ Brown if the Gasol trade (which look dead) falls apart.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am
dareedle wrote:There will be some serious scoreboard watching as the season winds down because our competition for the 8th spot have some serious flaws. Clippers are just flat and a feuding Maggette is killing the team chemistry. Minnesota has no talent or experience to surround KG, Sacramento has a lot of dissension and the Hornets are another injury to CPaul to a late season tailspin. If healthy, the Warriors have enough fire power to put a serious run at a .500 season and playoff spot. Despite having a roster full of knuckleheads, the Warriors have the most passion and sense of desperation, or urgency to finally make the playoffs. The move that makes the most sense is trading for Pietrus for PJ Brown if the Gasol trade (which look dead) falls apart.

well said

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:03 pm
In other thread, people were talking about how the Warriors have no chance at making the 8th spot and it's just another lottery season.....But yeah, 1/2 game out with teams that are just purely horrible, NOK? We've beaten them 3 out of 4 games, Timberwolves? Have had trouble with them but they're team is just mediocre at best, Clippers? Flopped.

Like my assessment in the other thread, Jason Richardson will add the boost which will propell them .500 and slightly better, which when Davis comes back (only 1 1/2 more week) and stay stable enough to get it, I'm actually predicting the 6th or 7th and seeing Steve Kerr dickriding the Warriors.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:16 pm
BT wrote:In other thread, people were talking about how the Warriors have no chance at making the 8th spot and it's just another lottery season.....But yeah, 1/2 game out with teams that are just purely horrible, NOK? We've beaten them 3 out of 4 games, Timberwolves? Have had trouble with them but they're team is just mediocre at best, Clippers? Flopped.

Like my assessment in the other thread, Jason Richardson will add the boost which will propell them .500 and slightly better, which when Davis comes back (only 1 1/2 more week) and stay stable enough to get it, I'm actually predicting the 6th or 7th and seeing Steve Kerr dickriding the Warriors.

I don't know about all the rest of the teams being horrible. I kinda like the Hornets. They play good defense, are a good rebounding team... and lack a true shooter, but seems like Peja will be back in 3 weeks or so. Keep in mind that they have been without Paul, Peja and David West for a long time this season.

But that's the only team I'm worried about. I doubt KG alone can carry Minny to the playoffs... and the Clips are a joke right now. Probably the worst team of all the contenders.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:45 pm
dareedle wrote:Despite having a roster full of knuckleheads, the Warriors have...

Are you a Warriors fan at all...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:22 pm
I agree... we're going to win the NBA Championship this year! :D
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:41 pm
Say our first-round matchup is against the Mavs. Think we'll get to the second round?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:01 pm
JayPat wrote:Say our first-round matchup is against the Mavs. Think we'll get to the second round?

That would be Dallas' nightmare matchup. Just like when the 8th seed Sharks would terrorize the Red Wings in the first round.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:37 pm
TMC wrote:I doubt KG alone can carry Minny to the playoffs.

Poor bastard never could on his own and this season is no different! McHale should go after Kidd with MJames and guys like Eddie Griffin and Blount because this may be his last chance to please Garnett and keep him.

The team is definately looking the best out of the teams in the playoff hunt and as I've said, they look like they will all or almost all be healthy for the stretch run

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 pm
now they in 8th place!! woo
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball