PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:09 pm
Ohhhhh.... dammmmmnnn.

Uh, yeah.

:?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:25 pm
Must mean he's looking damn good...

He's rebounding like a monster and blocking a ton of shots in Bakersfield. God knows we need rebounding and defense...

Nelly's calling in the backup. 8)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:33 pm
I would rather see POB in the rotation than Foyle. If anything, POB has upside.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:15 pm
Yeah... even O'Bryant's worst case scenario is better than Foyle.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 pm
:headbang:

Hell yeah, POB's time to shine.

Good for him. I think he can work himself into the rotation now. It's time to put Foyle back to where he started at the beginning of the season and put POB right where he deserves. Wonder if Gasol's b*tch... er, I mean J-Rich, has any regards on our "current" problems now even with Jason returning?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:05 pm
32 wrote:Yeah... even O'Bryant's worst case scenario is better than Foyle.

Why is everyone so down on Foyle? I know he is being way overpaid and couldn't hit a bucket to save his hide but he plays good defense and rebounds fairly well. Can't believe i'm actually defending him...someone knock some sense into me quick!
Nothing good comes easily...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:08 pm
He shouldnt get meaningful PT until we are officially out of the playoff race. I used to be a big Foyle basher, but i've been impressed with his game this year. He's not missing alot of shots, and he's been catching the ball, proving wrong the age old myth that he has no opposable thumbs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:32 pm
David Wood wrote:He shouldnt get meaningful PT until we are officially out of the playoff race. I used to be a big Foyle basher, but i've been impressed with his game this year. He's not missing alot of shots, and he's been catching the ball, proving wrong the age old myth that he has no opposable thumbs.

It's interesting that you bring this up. He, Foyle, has looked better on the offensive end, especially on the pick and roll; however, ironically, he, Foyle, is consistently missing his rotation assignments on the defensive end of the floor, which results in the breakdown of the team's defense.

I would still rather see POB play regardless of where the Warriors are in the playoff race.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:49 am
David Wood wrote:He shouldnt get meaningful PT until we are officially out of the playoff race. I used to be a big Foyle basher, but i've been impressed with his game this year. He's not missing alot of shots, and he's been catching the ball, proving wrong the age old myth that he has no opposable thumbs.

I'm with David Wood here. Foyle is playing well (well... for Foyle's level, of course) the minutes he has. And he's being used as a backup, which is the only role he can be effective at.

I don't think POB is going to add as much as Foyle this season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:28 am
uptempo wrote:

It's interesting that you bring this up. He, Foyle, has looked better on the offensive end, especially on the pick and roll; however, ironically, he, Foyle, is consistently missing his rotation assignments on the defensive end of the floor, which results in the breakdown of the team's defense.

I would still rather see POB play regardless of where the Warriors are in the playoff race.

Agreed. Foyle's production doesn't effect the outcome of the game. Patrick O'Bryant can play at that level (at LEAST)... plus, he's getting NBA experience while plugging a hole in our rotation, cause, really, there hasn't been a consistent backup center the whole season: first, it was Ike, then Murphy, then Foyle, then O'Bryant -once-, then Powell, then Foyle again...

Patrick O'Bryant should be welcomed with open arms. There are a few of us that are thrilled to have you back, Chef!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 am
Doing spectatcular in the NBDL doesn't really mean anything, Justin Williams of the Sacramento Kings played for Dakota(?), and he was just an absolute beast with the rebounding and had a decent PPG, but he still is the 12th man on the Kings and plays like a 12th man. So, POB might just stick to his ways and have a SLIGHT chance of breaking above 5 RPG, but I hope I'm wrong and he becomes a super beast and gets doubledigits with the rebounding.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm
He won't get double-digit rebounding... but if O'Bryant only plays 12-15 minutes or so a game, I'd be thrilled with 5 boards and a block in that timeframe (especially for a rookie).

If O'Bryant comes back and subs for Biedrins, I'd be satisfied with these numbers (not taking his previous games into consideration):

4.2 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.0 BPG
Shooting 48% from the field, 75% from the line
In 13.4 MPG

That'd show me a lot of potential. If O'Bryant could perform like Biedrins in every aspect of the game, he'll surpass him someday purely because of one thing he can do WELL that Biedrins can't even hold a candle to: free throws.

:forthosewhothinkyoung: Here's hoping Chef breaks out sooner than later.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:03 pm
Expect a little bit less than that... that's essentially Biedrins production.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm
That's just a rough draft kinda thing; the bottom line is that I think O'Bryant can get between 2-5 boards and at least 1 block in backup minutes.

Patrick O'Bryant THIS year should be like Diogu LAST year; when he's playing extremely well, leave him in the whole game. When he's not, feed him 10 minutes a night.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball