Monta is a fcking baller

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:22 pm
Wow, he should have been mentioned, but David Lee deserved it cause he got 11 rebounds along w/ 30 points.
Last edited by JayPat on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:39 pm
Monta was simply tearing it up with his high-flying act—and Chris Paul was dishing to him like a short-order cook.
Yes, Monta should have been mentioned for MVP, but it really was a toss-up between David Lee and Chris Paul. Either one could have taken it.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:40 pm
32 wrote:
Hoonyo wrote:Monta's midrange jumper is MONEY. He just can't shoot from three-point land, even from the corners.

Not this season, at least.

I don't understand it. Last year, the entire roster claimed that Monta was the 3-Point King in practice (even over Fisher). He shot mid-30's from the perimeter in limited time last year (which wasn't great, but it wasn't morbid either).

This season, he couldn't knock one down if his mother's life depended on it.

Personally, I'm grateful he doesn't shoot three pointers much anymore. We have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy to many people that do that anyway. I'd be happy if he had someone like Chris Paul to throw him the ball. Imagine those two playing together for any length of time. He was the one feeding Monta all those ally-oops in the rookie/soph all star game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Pretty sure you aren't the only person who'd like Chris Paul to magically appear in a Warriors uniform...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:30 pm
AzubuikeFan wrote:
David Wood wrote: In total he had 8 dunks and 3 layups, finished with 28 points and got snubbed by the gangly David Lee for MVP.

Monta's 8 dunks and 3 layups is both good and bad and is a perfect example of my problem with him. He puts a lot of points on the board which is great but basically all he can do is dunk and make layups. Isn't he supposed to be a SHOOTING guard? Keep him 10 feet from the basket and he shoots about 30-33% and gets worse the further from the basket he shoots from. You're left with either a shooting guard who can't shoot or a point guard that doesn't pass that well and is turnover prone. He's a bit of a one trick pony.

Cmon man.. David Lee had a perfect night from the field and did exactly what a PF is supposed to do. Shooting guards need to actually SHOOT.

Boy are you wrong about Monta. He is one of the best pull-up jump shooters in the league. He is not a 3 point shooter, but gtom 27 feet in, he is money. You need to watch more Warrior games/
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:00 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
AzubuikeFan wrote:
David Wood wrote: In total he had 8 dunks and 3 layups, finished with 28 points and got snubbed by the gangly David Lee for MVP.

Monta's 8 dunks and 3 layups is both good and bad and is a perfect example of my problem with him. He puts a lot of points on the board which is great but basically all he can do is dunk and make layups. Isn't he supposed to be a SHOOTING guard? Keep him 10 feet from the basket and he shoots about 30-33% and gets worse the further from the basket he shoots from. You're left with either a shooting guard who can't shoot or a point guard that doesn't pass that well and is turnover prone. He's a bit of a one trick pony.

Cmon man.. David Lee had a perfect night from the field and did exactly what a PF is supposed to do. Shooting guards need to actually SHOOT.

Boy are you wrong about Monta. He is one of the best pull-up jump shooters in the league. He is not a 3 point shooter, but gtom 27 feet in, he is money. You need to watch more Warrior games/

Well I'm not sure about 27 feet... that's 5 feet beyond the three point line.

Monta shoots 33% on jumpers for what it's worth.
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:55 pm
monta pulled a monsoon over las vegas at that rookie/sohomore game. he is going to be a good one. and all this talk about him being a poor outside shooter? that doesnt concern me one bit. before its said and done, he's going to be known as a sniper from 3. let him lift weights for a few years and he'll get stronger and those shots will be money. not even that, he has the will to be great, and i think he'll do just that.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:36 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:monta pulled a monsoon over las vegas at that rookie/sohomore game. he is going to be a good one. and all this talk about him being a poor outside shooter? that doesnt concern me one bit. before its said and done, he's going to be known as a sniper from 3. let him lift weights for a few years and he'll get stronger and those shots will be money. not even that, he has the will to be great, and i think he'll do just that.

I agree. :thumbleft:

Glad somebody here thinks outside the box. :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:51 am
There are obvious comparisons about agent 0 and Monta. First, they are stud second round picks. Second, both are athletic tweeners that have improved every year. Hopefully, Ellis will inherit GA's work ethic and practice enought to develop an outstanding jumper, it is really up to Monta if he becomes a superstar or another shot first point guard. Finally, Mullin is committed to upturning the entire roster to keep his star guard (sorry Baron). The Kidd rumors sound right on the mark, because a. the Nets want to rebuild b. Nellie is incapable of coaching a big c. Mullie is unable to trade, draft or sign a free agent big worth a bag of beans except (Biedrins) d. Baron at a ripe age of 27 is not able to keep healthy. e. Kidd and his rebounding and fast break abilities would compliment the Warriors and our army of perimeter players.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:03 am
dareedle wrote:There are obvious comparisons about agent 0 and Monta. First, they are stud second round picks. Second, both are athletic tweeners that have improved every year. Hopefully, Ellis will inherit GA's work ethic and practice enought to develop an outstanding jumper, it is really up to Monta if he becomes a superstar or another shot first point guard. Finally, Mullin is committed to upturning the entire roster to keep his star guard (sorry Baron). The Kidd rumors sound right on the mark, because a. the Nets want to rebuild b. Nellie is incapable of coaching a big c. Mullie is unable to trade, draft or sign a free agent big worth a bag of beans except (Biedrins) d. Baron at a ripe age of 27 is not able to keep healthy. e. Kidd and his rebounding and fast break abilities would compliment the Warriors and our army of perimeter players.

A lot of this makes sense. I think both Biedrins and Ellis have tremendous upside, potential all-star down the road. Not sure as to the Kidd scenario, as who the ws would move, since Baron is not too tradeable with his history of injuries. Also, Kidd made clear he would only move to a contender, which the ws ain't. Lastly, I do give Mullin credit for drafting the big Diogu. Clearly he was what made the dungmurphy trade go through.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:58 pm
coltraning wrote:
dareedle wrote:Mullie is unable to trade, draft or sign a free agent big worth a bag of beans except (Biedrins)
Lastly, I do give Mullin credit for drafting the big Diogu. Clearly he was what made the dungmurphy trade go through.

Don't forget Chris Taft. He had major talent and the right kind of body, but just couldn't keep healthy.

And reserve judgement on O'Bryant until 2 seasons from now. As of late, he's tearing up D-League. We'll see if he spurts at the end of THIS season when he comes back...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:13 am
Monta showed he is one of the best young rising stars there is and I'm happy as can be he is on our team! He really allows for some bold trade scenarios

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:10 pm
migya wrote:He really allows for some bold trade scenarios

Call it a hunch... but you'll catch some heat for that, migya. Just wait. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:06 pm
Trade scenarios?

Don't we ever learn? :banghead: That's what you would expect from the Warriors, trade away their brightest star so he can shine on anther team.

TMC's right Migya.... you're gonna catch some heat.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:06 pm
WestCoast O wrote:Trade scenarios?

Don't we ever learn? :banghead: That's what you would expect from the Warriors, trade away their brightest star so he can shine on anther team.

TMC's right Migya.... you're gonna catch some heat.

Bold trade scenarios - As in being able to trade Baron or JRich OR MONTA as well, as he too is tradeable and noone should think he isn't! He is a combo guard and so Mullin has some leverage with trading either Baron or JRich if he wants

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball