What about Pippin?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:45 pm
Scottie wants to come back because his injury is healed. He feels he can go 20 minutes a night.

Of course, he prefers to come back to a winning team. :roll:

He has some attributes the Ws could use, but I would think he is too old and doesn't have the fast break skills anyway.

Might be cheap.

Any thoughts?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:47 pm
Dude so then we would have: Richardson, Pietrus, Jackson, Pippen, Barnes, Ellis and Azibuike ALL trying to play the 2 and 3 spots? Our problem is not a lack of a swingman brother trust me. Our problem is that my sister crashes the boards harder than these guys. If anything we just need Nellie to keep either Biedrins or Foyle in the game at all times.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:52 pm
No ****ing way.

Scottie Pippen would add absolutely nothing to this team. Besides, he's looking to latch onto a contender (I'm betting Miami or San Antonio).

With Richardson coming back, Pietrus, Barnes, and Azubuike will all have minute-cuts. We don't need to sign Scottie Pippen and increase the logjam.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:17 am
Pippen's reason for returning is to win a title THIS YEAR. He's planning to sign with possibly the Heat or Spurs since he wants to play in a city with warm weather. And they are the best chances at winning a title for both of their divisions.

And like 32 said, there'd be no room for Pippen on this team. He'd add nothing the Warriors base their gameplan on.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:00 am
look for pippin to go pacific southwest to LA. bryant, odom, pippen wouldnt be a bad team.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:21 am
Yeah, as everybody else said, he'll probably land in a title contender. I can't see him in San Antonio, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Miami or LA.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:17 pm
WHY???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:38 am
J-Rich wrote:WHY???

He's lost his mind, that's why. I too, hate it when players with a great legacy behind them decide to return and ruin it. He's doing it for the ring, not the love of the game if you ask me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Warriors Basketball