Amaechi to come out publicly

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:23 pm
TMC wrote:You're all sounding like Rush Limbaugh now...

If that's the reason for the trade (and I still refuse to believe it, but maybe based on personal convictions), it's retarded as hell.

TMC Im not saying Bird is racist, im saying in that part of the country there is still racisim. That racisim naturally is in some of the Pacer fanbase, and a good owner/GM knows how to please their fanbase.

One last thing, have you seen Borat yet TMC?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:11 am
Money wrote:That racisim naturally is in some of the Pacer fanbase, and a good owner/GM knows how to please their fanbase.

One last thing, have you seen Borat yet TMC?

F*ck, that way of doing business makes me want to puke... Still think they wanted to get rid of Jax and didn't matter what they may get back in the trade... but you'll probably know more than me about how thinks work there.

btw, I still haven't seen Borat, money. It's in my queue, tho, so I'll probably watch it soon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:13 am
Funniest **** you'll ever watch. It's non-stop funny.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:25 am
32 wrote:Funniest **** you'll ever watch. It's non-stop funny.

It better be. I'm downloading it right now... :thumbup:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 pm
Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius! It's a damn shame though, they turned down a sequel for it. Borat was just a terrible movie...*pause 8 seconds* NOT! :mrgreen: Hilarious sh*t. You may think it's retarded though, and that wouldn't suprise me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:46 am
I'm not surprised there's no sequel.

First of all, I think sequels turn movies into popcorn flicks. Borat was genius. Being forced to churn out one or two more of them would probably be funny, but it just wouldn't be the same. Look at The Matrix. The Wachoski's (sp?) majorly sold out and crapped out 2 shitty sequels with a ton of contradictions and BS. Would you come out with 2 more "V for Vendetta"'s? Then why the hell would you do it with the Matrix?! Lame.

Secondly... who hasn't sued Borat yet? The guy doesn't need the pain in the ass again...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:24 pm
32 wrote:
Money wrote:
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:They'll always hate Jackson more because he was black.

Honestly, when you look at that trade, what did the Pacers get? A couple of white boys in exchange for a couple of good players?! I'm betting Donnie Walsh and Larry Bird (who, I'll wager, are both Nascar fans) just wanted to aquire a couple more light skinned players. Its probably the truth.

I doubt race was a factor in the trade (well, maybe I'm being naive, but I can't understand doing busineess that way).

It's more like they wanted to get rid of Jax no matter the cost... and the cost was taking over the contracts of those two. Nothing comes easy in life.

You ever been around a racist American TMC? If not watch Borats' Frat boy scene.....then you'll get it.

Yeah.

I think Larry and Donnie really wanted to get rid of SJax... but I also think it's kinda weird that they'd be willing to swallow the horrid contracts of two guys who've never been anything more than role players (and Dunleavy wasn't even a good role player) with nothing to offer that they didn't already have. Larry said they wanted rebounds, which is why they made the trade. Are you kidding me? Dunleavy for rebounds?? Wow...

Murph gives them boards and an occasional jumper, but nothing else. Other than that, they got Ike in the trade and that's it.

I think the reason the Pacers trade was so easy is the same reason I thought Barnett's geriatric ass used to praise Dunleavy: because Mike's white. And Indy is in the middle of the Red states. It's just the truth. I know it's not something anyone wants to hear... but what else does Dunleavy bring to the game, besides being white?

If you think racism is gone, I can assure you it's not. My buddy, FurZo, because a Kings fan because (at the time) they were the whitest team in the league (Bibby, Vlade, Christy, Pollard, and a few others I can't think of right now). And he's not even a redneck, like Larry or Donnie.

Just food for thought.

Bibby and Christie are African-American if very light-skinned. (I remember not being able to convince my son that Jason Kidd was Black cause he was lighter-skinned than I am - race is pretty impossible to explain in any kind of rational way) - still, I think your larger point about the underlying melanin behind Barnett and Fitz and Mullin's man crushes on Dung may have some truth to it. How could any of them identify with BD or Sjax? Of course Reggie Miller is the most popular Pacer ever, so red state-blue state is a little tricky.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:26 pm
I thought Bibby and Christy were half-black, half-white...? It doesn't bother me; it was my friend thats racist.

Reggie Miller became a popular Pacer because he was the franchise' best player in history. If Eminem were from Harlem, they'd love him there, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:25 pm
32 wrote:I thought Bibby and Christy were half-black, half-white...? It doesn't bother me; it was my friend thats racist.

Reggie Miller became a popular Pacer because he was the franchise' best player in history. If Eminem were from Harlem, they'd love him there, too.

they DO love eminem in Harlem, bro! I had never heard Bibby and Christie were 1/2 black...hang on a sec, let me ask google...no info, but believe me, plenty of blacks are that light-skinned, since a very large percentage have some caucasian ancestry (there was systematic rape of black slaves by slaveowners, one of the uglier practices of that shameful time, all the way up to Strom Thurmond)

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:37 pm
They like Em' in Harlem..? :shock: That'd oddly shocking to me; he doesn't seem like the kinda artist they'd enjoy (not because he's white; just because he's mainstream).

And I guarentee that Bibby, Christy, and Jason Kidd are all half-white. I know some African-American's get extremely light skinned, but I've heard that the three of them are all mutts. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:33 am
32 wrote:They like Em' in Harlem..? :shock: That'd oddly shocking to me; he doesn't seem like the kinda artist they'd enjoy (not because he's white; just because he's mainstream).

And I guarentee that Bibby, Christy, and Jason Kidd are all half-white. I know some African-American's get extremely light skinned, but I've heard that the three of them are all mutts. :wink:

could be...here's something even more shocking. You know what an alarmingly large proportion of Kenny G's fan base is? African-American women... :roll:

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:10 am
xbaywarrior wrote:You may think it's retarded though, and that wouldn't suprise me.

Don't be surprised, but I think it's retarded. :wink:

I don't know. Probably just not my kind of humor...has some funny parts, but it's gross. All it's humor comes from that... Guess it's a classic for people that likes that kind of humor, just not for me.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:27 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:You may think it's retarded though, and that wouldn't suprise me.

Don't be surprised, but I think it's retarded. :wink:

I don't know. Probably just not my kind of humor...has some funny parts, but it's gross. All it's humor comes from that... Guess it's a classic for people that likes that kind of humor, just not for me.

borat is very well done.... For adolescent humor.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:10 pm
I'll be seeing Borat within a fortnight hopefully. I've heard he goes all out and is better than the Ali G movie

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:38 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:borat is very well done.... For adolescent humor.

Yep. Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum