The NBA Hates the Warriors!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am
I really don't understand! I know all of you saw last nights game against the Knicks. The refs almost blew if for us with three horrible and disturbing consecutive calls against the Warriors. (1) Azibuke charge call, (2) Biedrins defensive shooting foul, and (3) Ellis tripping foul. Anyone and everyone who saw these fouls knew that they were not fouls! WHAT THE F-CK IS THIS!!!!! I THINK THE REFS/STERN ARE TRYING TO KEEP THE WARRIORS FROM WINNING!!!

Andris Biedrins leads the league in foul calls and if you watch all Warriors games at least three of the fouls called on him every game are not fouls what-so-ever!

You think Biedrins would get respect from the refs by being the fifth best center in the league. You think the Warriors would get respect from the refs because Don Nelson is the coach, but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! **** THE NBA!!! THE NBA CHEATS!!! **** ALL NBA REFS!!!! **** DAVID STERN IN HIS STUPID ASS!!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:25 pm
:-s
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:13 pm
I understand your frustration. :bday:

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:29 pm
yea...that fuckin nba, **** those fuckers…i'm jumping on the bandwagon for this one

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:14 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I really don't understand! I know all of you saw last nights game against the Knicks. The refs almost blew if for us with three horrible and disturbing consecutive calls against the Warriors. (1) Azibuke charge call, (2) Biedrins defensive shooting foul, and (3) Ellis tripping foul. Anyone and everyone who saw these fouls knew that they were not fouls! WHAT THE F-CK IS THIS!!!!! I THINK THE REFS/STERN ARE TRYING TO KEEP THE WARRIORS FROM WINNING!!!

Andris Biedrins leads the league in foul calls and if you watch all Warriors games at least three of the fouls called on him every game are not fouls what-so-ever!

You think Biedrins would get respect from the refs by being the fifth best center in the league. You think the Warriors would get respect from the refs because Don Nelson is the coach, but NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! **** THE NBA!!! THE NBA CHEATS!!! **** ALL NBA REFS!!!! **** DAVID STERN IN HIS STUPID ASS!!!!

Please tell me this whole thread is a joke. It is right? :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:20 pm
The commish is doing a good job BUT he does need to abolish the charging fouls situation, correct the way the reffs call the game and fine them when they do a poor job[/b]
been a warriors fan since the 1st grade
AND is never going to change
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm
MontaTHeFuTUre wrote:The commish is doing a good job BUT he does need to abolish the charging fouls situation, correct the way the reffs call the game and fine them when they do a poor job[/b]

No way the commish is doing a good job, too much racism and bullshit rules. Sorry.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:37 pm
sry but biedrins isnt a top 5 center in the league

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:44 pm
A caller to the Fitz & Brooks show asked if Fitz made sure his remarks about the officiating were overheard by the refs. Fitz said that he did.

Also, he said that there is an officiating dvd that is sent in after every game and that the refs are graded. The top tier get playoff games and the lowest get fired.

That is good, but it makes it even stranger that Biedrins gets those phantom calls game after game. It would indicate that the refs aren't really being admonished about those calls or that bad officiating habits die hard.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:13 pm
I have to agree with the theory about the NBA hating the Warriors, just look at how the lottery ball goes against them in the draft. If by some freak of nature we end up with the worst record this year we still wouldnt win the lottery because the NBA doesnt want the W's to have Greg Oden or Kevin Durant. We only win when someone like Joe Smith is the overall #1 pick.......Just something else to think about.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm
This might be deliniating from the thread but the Joe Smith comment made me think about it again - The NBA lottery has been fixed for at least the last 5 years. MJ getting the first pick? LeBron staying in Cleveland? I bet that Boston gets the first pick this year because Oden is the next Bill Russell.

I know they will/do have the worst record but the odds are still against them in landing the first pick. I believe the most ping pong balls grants you only a 25% chance at landing that top slot, but I could be wrong. Still it is well under the 50% mark.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 pm
MontaTHeFuTUre wrote:The commish is doing a good job BUT he does need to abolish the charging fouls situation, correct the way the reffs call the game and fine them when they do a poor job[/b]

:withstupid: :^o

You've got to be kiddin' me.

But yes, the refs were horrible. I was going to explode if the Warriors lost.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:29 am
Thunder wrote: I believe the most ping pong balls grants you only a 25% chance at landing that top slot, but I could be wrong.

Yep, it's just a 25% to get that top pick (on paper).

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:29 am
this league has become increasingly more pussified over the years...THIS IS FUCKIN BASKETBALL! NOT FIGURE SKATING! STOP CALLING A FOUL EVERY TIME THERE IS ANY KIND OF CONTACT! IT'S A SPORT! THERE IS GOING TO BE CONTACT! THIS IS NOT GOLF!

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:44 am
real simple solution, but the league won't do it. Like the NFL, each team gets one challenge per half. The 3 refs review the call on the videotape. Lose the challenge, call stands and you lose 2 timeouts. Call is reversed you go on from there. Plenty of calls, like traveling, phantom fouls, charging in the restricted area, are easily confirmed or not. Of course, this is David Stern's world, where the refs are infallible, so that is not likely to happen.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball