interesting stat on the trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:53 am
In 14 games w/the dubs Harrington and Jackson have scored at least 17 points 8 times each. In 25 games with the ws, Murphy did that 4 times, and in 40 games Dung did it 6...even more intriguing, Harrington and Jackson scored 21 or more points 10 times in those games, something the Dungmurphy managed 3 times this season for the ws...with each game, the winner in this trade becomes less and less contestable.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 am
:D You da man, Mully!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:41 am
coltraning wrote:with each game, the winner in this trade becomes less and less contestable.

We'll have to wait a few years to decide. Ike's been pretty impressive in the few minutes he's played.

Right now, we're winners of the trade by a mile, but if Ike finally pans out...

I mean, we all had great hopes for him as a W. Being a Pacer doesn't mean his talent has waned.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 am
IF Ike pans out, the trade will be equal value. If not (which seems more and more likely), we'll have ran away with a steal.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:53 pm
32 wrote:IF Ike pans out, the trade will be equal value. If not (which seems more and more likely), we'll have ran away with a steal.

right...tough for Ike to be behind one of the best PFs in the league. I did notice he got equal time to Murphy last night, and was more productive. Best thing for the kid is to get 20 minutes a night consistently to improve his D and passing. I still see him as being a 20/9 player down the line, but it may require either Jermaine or him moving somewhere...I could see the Pacers packaging Jermaine for someone at SF or SG if they buy into Ike.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07 pm
I think that's Bird's plan. Jermaine probably won't be a Pacer in 2-years. Despite lying to the media about it, Bird's been shopping him around for the past 2 seasons.

If Bird could get rid of Jermaine and Tinsley for equal value, he would. I could see him picking up a swingman for Tinsley and a talented PG for Jermaine. Two or three years down the line, that's not a bad lineup at all. Think the Knicks would give up Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, and Steve Francis (salary) for Jermaine O'Neal and Tinsley..? That would make the team:

PG - Robinson / Francis
SG - Crawford / Daniels
SF - Granger / Dunleavy
PF - Diogu / Murphy
C - Harrison / Foster

To justify the Knicks end of the bargain, it'll give them twin towers with Curry and O'Neal... and they don't have to give up David Lee or Channing Frye (even though one or the other is probably on the way out... and I'm betting it's Frye). Besides, if all else fails... they're the Knicks. :wink:

If Diogu becomes a post force, that's a damn good lineup built around him. David Harrison's got game (I wish we could get him as a backup center, but no way). We all know about Granger and Crawford. And Nate Robinson running the point.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:17 pm
32 wrote:If Diogu becomes a post force, that's a damn good lineup built around him. David Harrison's got game (I wish we could get him as a backup center, but no way)

Harrison is probably on his way out of Indy. I'm pretty sure he won't be there next season (work ethic issues, from what I've read... whatever that means in Indiana). :wink:
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:08 pm
you guys can have harrison if you want him, if i were in charge i'd give him up for a 2nd rounder if anyone wanted him. you guys do have a point- tough decision on j.o. if diogu pans out. it may not be up to the pacers, j.o. stated that if "he didn't feel like we were championship material that they would have to sit down and discuss his future here this summer"(paraphrased)alot of trade ideas bounce around indy(new york, new jersey, boston and minny, just to name a few.) i think it's possible that he could opt out after this year and play for the bobcats. he is from south carolina and is still highly involved with the community there. not to mention they can afford to sign him without trading for him.
Go Colts!!!!!!! Superbowl Champs!!!!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 pm
Murphy and Dun Boy are sure making the Pacers look like winners!!! Everybody will look at the win loss record W's vs. Pacers! The new W's are getting their stats but we still have lots of holes to fix on this team!!!

Ike should do well in the Pacers system but you still have Murphy who playing in front of him!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:55 pm
TMC, I agree with you Harrison is one bad dude!!! They should have included him in the trade!!! He just needs more seasoning!!!

I was high on Granger in the draft and he had lottery selection all over him!!! I thought the W's would peg him with their 9th pick!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:04 am
Diogu just got thrown in a pigeon hole and will only ever come out if Jermaine retires through excessive injuries or Diogu leaves when his contract expires

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:23 pm
I think the Warriors might be slightly ahead, but statistics don't tell the whole story. Murphy and Dunleavy don't have to score to make the otherwise small contributions they make. However, Jackson and Harrington need to score or they are pretty worthless out there.

When Richardson comes back, how will they all share the ball?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:44 pm
migya wrote:Diogu just got thrown in a pigeon hole and will only ever come out if Jermaine retires through excessive injuries or Diogu leaves when his contract expires

Doubtful.

The Pacers are playing Murphy a lot at center... and Bird is balls to the wall high on Diogu. Plus, there's been a ton of trade talk surrounding Jermaine for the past two seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if O'Neals' in the Western Conference by 2009.

Diogu is being groomed to start in Indiana. If it takes moving Jermaine to center (or moving him out of town), the Pacers are set on Diogu as their PF of the future.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 am
sixerdave wrote:I think the Warriors might be slightly ahead, but statistics don't tell the whole story. Murphy and Dunleavy don't have to score to make the otherwise small contributions they make. However, Jackson and Harrington need to score or they are pretty worthless out there.

When Richardson comes back, how will they all share the ball?

The Warriors are a run and gun team with plenty of emphasis on outside shooting! With JRich back, things should be easier for everyone else

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:57 am
32 wrote:Diogu is being groomed to start in Indiana. If it takes moving Jermaine to center (or moving him out of town), the Pacers are set on Diogu as their PF of the future.

I'm pretty sure he'll be traded. He already rejected the move to center when they signed Al this offseason, if I'm not wrong.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball