And the critic speaks!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:10 am
"I'm down to eight guys at this time, and this isn't the first time this season that we've only had eight," Nelson said before the game. "The problem is, defense. If I'm penalizing guys for not being in position defensively, or getting beat where they're not supposed to get beat, or not closing out, or not challenging shots or things like that, and you only have eight guys sitting there, probably two of them have come out for the same reason."

"I told the team that the other day, and they got a big laugh out of it. I said, 'It's not that I'm going to bury you on the bench. You're going to get back in because the other poor bastard is making the same mistakes.'"

Nelson chuckled as he said this, presumably to keep from crying.

Another one of those daily "speeches" from Nellie. In my best revising of a famous rant... "Defense? Defense? Don't talk about... DEFENSE?!? Defense? I just hope we can actually play defense!"

In other words, yes the defense is the problem. The Warriors have everything down except for rebounding, free throw shooting, and defense. If the Warriors defended the ball, we wouldn't have these stupid threads such as "Baron is a quitter" or continuous new threads on how horrible the Warriors played. The only thing is... defense is not apart of Nellie's critique. And the last time I checked, none of the assistants are either.

Other than that, here's some of many things we can take out of this season so far. And that would be Nellie's mouth being heard in a negative, but hilarious way.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:07 am
xbaywarrior wrote: If the Warriors defended the ball, we wouldn't have these stupid threads such as "Baron is a quitter" or continuous new threads on how horrible the Warriors played..

This from the guy who doesnt think history repeats itself. He must have voted for Bush.

Second playing defense has nothing to do with Baron getting injured (legit or not) and taking his sweet alabama time getting back in shape. And these injuries always seem to happen when the team starts playing bad, coincedence?

Stupid is thinking Baron is ever gonna play 75 plus games a season again.

Stupid is building your team around a guy who ownt be around when the team is struggling to make the playoffs.

Stupid is saying things like history doesnt repeat itself.

Now im trying to keep the Baron Davis is a quitter in its own thread but if you and OG Broe wanna bring it up in every other thread so be it. It still doesnt change the fact Baron quit on the Hornets, Baron quit on us last year and same thing is already happening again.

I really hope BD proves me wrong and misses the minimum amount of games and plays the rest of the year. But if i had to put money on it id just look at his last 4 or 5 years in the league. And Ive been sayiing this since the day he missed the first game and they said it was day 2 day. I knew hed be out longer than that, its beloved Baron remember?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:19 am
Money wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote: If the Warriors defended the ball, we wouldn't have these stupid threads such as "Baron is a quitter" or continuous new threads on how horrible the Warriors played..

This from the guy who doesnt think history repeats itself. He must have voted for Bush.

Second playing defense has nothing to do with Baron getting injured (legit or not) and taking his sweet alabama time getting back in shape. And these injuries always seem to happen when the team starts playing bad, coincedence?

Stupid is thinking Baron is ever gonna play 75 plus games a season again.

Stupid is building your team around a guy who ownt be around when the team is struggling to make the playoffs.

Stupid is saying things like history doesnt repeat itself.

Now im trying to keep the Baron Davis is a quitter in its own thread but if you and OG Broe wanna bring it up in every other thread so be it. It still doesnt change the fact Baron quit on the Hornets, Baron quit on us last year and same thing is already happening again.

I really hope BD proves me wrong and misses the minimum amount of games and plays the rest of the year. But if i had to put money on it id just look at his last 4 or 5 years in the league. And Ive been sayiing this since the day he missed the first game and they said it was day 2 day. I knew hed be out longer than that, its beloved Baron remember?

hey, that's original!

we get it dude...BD quit on the hornets, BD quit on the warriors, it's happening again..yada yada yada...

you said it from day 1...etc etc etc...

i think we all hope BD proves you wrong so you'd shutup about this...

but hey, that's just me

:roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 am
I think the original thread was on the ws lack of d - there is already a BD is a "quitter" thread from our multi-named friend for that discussion. Uptempo, you are dead on as to lack of D. I think the ws can make a claim to being the worst defensive team in the league. The other thing that struck me was I watched a raptors-bulls game last night, and was startled at the high level of ball movement by both teams. Much crisper than the ws, and always making the extra pass, almost no 1 on 1 play. I know Nelson's forte is offense, but I am not seeing much ball movement in the 1/2 court at all. Still, 106 points a game should be enough to win most nba games, but the ws are getting scorched for 115-120 a night way too often, and seem clueless as to how to stop opponents. The zone seems to be the twilight zone a lot of the time. BTW, keep an eye on the raptors. Bosh is a stud and Bargnani is really coming into his own. in the East, they are as good as any team except the Pistons, and are one piece away from being a genuine contender.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:15 am
coltraning wrote:I think the original thread was on the ws lack of d - there is already a BD is a "quitter" thread from our multi-named friend for that discussion. Uptempo, you are dead on as to lack of D. I think the ws can make a claim to being the worst defensive team in the league. The other thing that struck me was I watched a raptors-bulls game last night, and was startled at the high level of ball movement by both teams. Much crisper than the ws, and always making the extra pass, almost no 1 on 1 play. I know Nelson's forte is offense, but I am not seeing much ball movement in the 1/2 court at all. Still, 106 points a game should be enough to win most nba games, but the ws are getting scorched for 115-120 a night way too often, and seem clueless as to how to stop opponents. The zone seems to be the twilight zone a lot of the time. BTW, keep an eye on the raptors. Bosh is a stud and Bargnani is really coming into his own. in the East, they are as good as any team except the Pistons, and are one piece away from being a genuine contender.

thanks coltrain...i'm referring to his tendency to beat the crap out of a dead horse...

i don't think he's spoken about any topic of substance besides that...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:25 pm
aletha33 wrote:thanks coltrain...i'm referring to his tendency to beat the crap out of a dead horse...

Funny i was just chastised for speaking on too many topics on this board. Trust me i wouldnt have brought up how much of a quitter beloved Baron is if he didnt bring it up first.

Simple you wanna talk about Baron being being a quitter go to that thread, if u bring it up in other threads, until i feel like it, i will keep defending my stance.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:25 pm
aletha33 wrote:thanks coltrain...i'm referring to his tendency to beat the crap out of a dead horse...

Funny i was just chastised for speaking on too many topics on this board. Trust me i wouldnt have brought up how much of a quitter beloved Baron is if he didnt bring it up first.

Simple you wanna talk about Baron being being a quitter go to that thread, if u bring it up in other threads, until i feel like it, i will keep defending my stance.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:20 pm
Money wrote:

wow, what an awesome display of manhood - "until I feel like it..."

you da man, you da man

:roll:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:32 pm
aletha33 wrote:
Money wrote:

you da man, you da man

:D

Why thank you Aretha how sweet.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 pm
Money wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
Money wrote:

you da man, you da man

Men don't say "thank you, how sweet". =;

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:17 pm
Last i checked and injury doesn't make you a quitter? its an accident, he didnt get knee surgery on purpose ya know

if this was true, then everyone would be calling cabarkapa a quitter, but we just gotta pull through the injuries, and call baron davis a quitter when he actually quits

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:18 pm
coltraning wrote:The other thing that struck me was I watched a raptors-bulls game last night, and was startled at the high level of ball movement by both teams. Much crisper than the ws, and always making the extra pass, almost no 1 on 1 play. I know Nelson's forte is offense, but I am not seeing much ball movement in the 1/2 court at all.

I think every team moves the ball better in the 1/2 than the Ws. By "every" I mean all the NBA, college, all international, and 80% of high school teams.

Cabbage was quoted as describing the Ws 1/2 court offense as being "organized chaos". I think he used the word "organized" so Nelson wouldn't get mad at him.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:26 pm
JayPat wrote:
Money wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
Money wrote:

you da man, you da man

You figured it out JayPat im really a women with a .....

:)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Money wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Money wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
Money wrote:

you da man, you da man

You figured it out JayPat im really a women with a .....

:)

Oh I was about to say only on Valentine's Day, but nevermind. Unless, you're like pawno and you're a man that can give birth.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:34 am
cabarkapa wrote:if this was true, then everyone would be calling cabarkapa a quitter

Cabarjsdlkfjlfjasfjsakabitch is a quitter. He quit basketball 10 years ago...
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball