Game Thread: Warriors @ New York Knicks 2007-02-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors overcome their injuries?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:01 pm

YES
54%
NO
46%

Total votes : 13

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Not any more. What was a 30 point lead is now 14 at the end of the 3rd. Still think we will win at this point <readies>
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:27 pm
What the f*ck is that?!?! Those were three horrible calls. Where was the foul on the rebound called on Andris? No where, it was a phantom. Then the one called on Monta? What the f*ck? And Nate literally walked on the layup. How blind are the refs? They seem to be playin' favorites now that the momentum is on the Knicks' side.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:47 pm
oh well, i win! you knick lovers

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 pm
SJax was crazy good tonight....he came through after that last game. I know i know it was the knicks but they have been playing better ball after the brawl.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:02 pm
Satisfying win.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:07 pm
great win for ws! Nice to see SJax go off. The trade looks better each day.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:19 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:What the f*ck is that?!?! Those were three horrible calls. Where was the foul on the rebound called on Andris? No where, it was a phantom. Then the one called on Monta? What the f*ck? And Nate literally walked on the layup. How blind are the refs? They seem to be playin' favorites now that the momentum is on the Knicks' side.

Those were terrible calls. Biedrins, poor Biedrins, gets about three phantom calls per game. Big, bulky "physical" players on other teams get away with fouls all game long.

I asked this once before, but no answer: do NBA teams send film of questionable calls to the league office like NFL teams do? A selection of AB's fouls might make for interesting video.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:22 pm
Just another example of how good the warriors can be if their shots are falling.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:23 pm
not only Sjax was playing great,

Monta Ellis had 32 points and 7 assists on 9-11 shooting! and also the 60% shooting from the rest of the team. I really liked the first quarter, the defense, the rebounds, the steals, it should open their eyes to how much easier it is to win games with those.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:34 pm
cabarkapa wrote:not only Sjax was playing great,

Monta Ellis had 32 points and 7 assists on 9-11 shooting! and also the 60% shooting from the rest of the team. I really liked the first quarter, the defense, the rebounds, the steals, it should open their eyes to how much easier it is to win games with those.

you mean 23 points, but yes, Monta had an excellent game and the ws shot lights out. There is still hope, bro. I know it's only the knicks, but a healthy jrich and pietrus and :?: :?: :?: :?:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:29 am
damnit i pressed quote button instead of edit button... yeah 23 points

i'd like it if they could keep doing this against teams they should beat, and i'd really like it if they could beat the best teams (like the lakers feb 23 ITS ON!) they just need to continue those steals, which lead to the fast breaks, and the rebounds, which keep them at a sturdy lead

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:40 am
i understand, this was a good game for Ellis, Jackson and Azubuike, but only 6 minutes for Saras when Davis is injured - i can't understand this...
:(

Not very good NBA team can't use best European point guard in last 10 years - i can't understand this... Maybe best variant for Saras is comeback to Europe - here he will win another two or three Euroleague titles before career finish... and return to Lithuanian National Team + win against USA "Dreaming Team" with best NBA players again... i see, Saras is in good form now and can do good things for team - but sits on bench and don't plays :(

Maybe you will call this my opinion "Sarunas cult" or smth, but as basketball coach i can say: he's trying to play better basketball, than NBA "standard" basketball, where dumb and fast shooter/dunker is better player, than smart point guard... Here in Europe we can't understand this, (except young NBA-crazy boys)...
Last edited by Lituano on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:26 am
coltraning wrote:
cabarkapa wrote:not only Sjax was playing great,

you mean 23 points, but yes, Monta had an excellent game

And with only 1 TO, which was one of his worst flaws...

The Clips lost against the Hawks, while Minny (against Denver) and NOK won their games. It will be a close race, but I'm only scared of the Hornets... (as I consider Denver a bit above those teams, which would leave only the last playoff spot wide open)

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 am
Lituano wrote:i understand, this was a good game for Ellis, Jackson and Azubuike, but only 6 minutes for Saras when Davis is injured - i can't understand this...

Maybe you will call this my opinion "Sarunas cult" or smth, but as basketball coach i can say: he's trying to play better basketball, than NBA "standard" basketball, where dumb and fast shooter/dunker is better player, than smart point guard... Here in Europe we can't understand this, (except young NBA-crazy boys)...

I know your English may not be up to par and you are doing your best, but be careful throwing the word "dumb" around. I know some NBA players are not the brightest stars in the sky, but to say the whole league has a bunch of dumb players is NOT going to make you any friends around here. I am just letting you know.

The reason Jasikevicius played little last night was because in the limited time he was in the game he was absolutely torched by the stronger, quicker and more athletic Nate Robinson. The Knicks went on a big run to cut the lead to eleven and in large part it was Nate Robinson leading the charge and Sarunas was guarding him. Nellie had to get Ellis back in there to match Robinson's quickness which Jasikevicius clearly does NOT have.

You might think Sarunas should be playing more, but there is more to the game than just shooting. He is a decent point guard, but as was mentioned since the day he was traded here, he is NOT going to be a regular on this team. He will be a reserve all the way and that is what he should be.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:26 am
I guess a 19-point win happens when you shoot 60% from the field and force the opponent into 29 turnovers. A good effort last night from the Warriors.

Stephen Jackson was on fire. I wish he could play more consistently for this team. He is on fire one game and misses every shot the next. I am happy he was making his shots last night. I know that will not happen every game and in fact there will be games and have already been games when Jackson can, will and has shot the Warriors out of games. Nice to see him carrying the team to a win. He has been excellent against the Eastern Conference as Jim Barnett and Pat Fitzgerald eluded to last night.

Monta was great!! He scored 23 on 9 of 11 and dished out 7 assists and had four or five boards. That is a nice stat line. I would actually like to see Monta get a few more shots. However, if he is dishing to his teammates and trying to be a pass first point guard, I can live with that. It is evident Monta has developed his ball handling skills. His turnovers are way down and he is really protecting the ball. The one turnover he had last should have been caught by Biedrins.

That is a nice way to go into the All-Star break. I still think the playoffs are a stretch, but who knows what will happen. Let's hope there are no off court problems in the next week so this team can get out of the blocks fast after the break and make a hard push for the playoffs.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads