Wingstop

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:13 am
Living in Chicago and watching the NBA League Pass, I always see the commercial for Wingstop in broadcasts using FS Bay Area. Are the wings at this place good? They look good on the TV and every time I see the commercial it makes me want to hop on a plane and come out to Oakland to try the wings. I am kidding of course, but I was just wondering what people's thoughts are on WingStop? We do not have that restaurant chain here in Chicago.

I eat my wings at Buffalo Wild Wings or Hooters.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:16 pm
I got curious during Winter Break and checked it out...

My mom lives in San Jose, so I MapQuested how far the nearest WingStop was. I believe the one in Stockton or Union City was half an hour away... and after that, it was at least an hour and a half to the next one.

Its a Texas-based wingshop (hence, the Aikman adds). California has a few, Arizona has one, a couple more southern states... but over 50% of the place's business is in Texas (and about 25% of their stuff is in Houston, alone).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:22 pm
There's 2 in Stockton. Love that place. Lemon Pepper or Original. Atomic if you're a little crazy.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 pm
It's good to know that there is a wingstop remotely close to where I am.

I'm tired of Sonic's. They dump a ton of money into advertising both in Norcal AND Socal but the there I think there is only one in the state and it is in freakin' Fresno. C'mon, Sonic's, get your act together.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:33 pm
Theres 1 next to Raider Nation store on Hegenberger by the Arena, Regular hot for me cause Atomic will burn that ass, the lemon pepper is good too but the taste stays with you all day, a wing stop in Pinole is opening :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:21 am
There's one on Hedenberger?

I wonder why it didn't show up in the locations section of the Wingstop website... maybe it's new or something? :?

Well, thats a helluva lot closer to my mom's house than any other one. I'll probably hit that one next time I'm in the area.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:46 am
For those of you fortunate enough to have been to a Wingstop, are the wings bigger and better than Hooters?

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:55 am
I haven't had hooters wings but wingstop wings aren't really big but they are good :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:09 am
O.G. Broe wrote:I haven't had hooters wings but wingstop wings aren't really big but they are good :!:

That description sounds like Buffalo Wild Wings. Do you have those out in California?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:35 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:I haven't had hooters wings but wingstop wings aren't really big but they are good :!:

I shouldnt...I really shouldnt. :happy1: Can someone make this popcorn chicken for OG Broe?

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:26 pm
The letters in "Lemon, Pepper or Garlic Parmesan"
Hey wasn't 27 the super bowl you were MVP?
Okay, now you're scaring me...

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:48 pm
im a warriors fan but i just registered to sya that im a huge fan of wingstop. You're from the east so i figured there would be a crap load of good wing places especially in new york/chicago area, but the wings are about 10 times better than the crap hooters serves. I haven't tried a bad flavor yet and the sides are great too. everything is made to order so you're food always comes piping hot, anyone have any idea when pinole opens cause i live an hour away from oakland and i actually make that drive sometimes just for the wings
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:37 am
optim13922 wrote:i live an hour away from oakland and i actually make that drive sometimes just for the wings

:shock:

Now that's a man who loves his wings...

Return to Off-Topic Forum