Jason Richardson return

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 am
uptempo wrote:Why are we discussing Zach Randolph when:
1. he is not on the team
2. even if he was on the Warriors, he would not fit in with a Nelson coached team.

I am discussing him because an earlier poster said that the Warriors already have players on the team capable of doing what Randolph can do which is clearly not true.

I am not asking the Warriors management to get him as he would not fit with the system, but for someone to say a current Warrior does the same things he does on the floor is just absurd.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:39 am
ChicagoTom wrote:
uptempo wrote:Why are we discussing Zach Randolph when:
1. he is not on the team
2. even if he was on the Warriors, he would not fit in with a Nelson coached team.

I am discussing him because an earlier poster said that the Warriors already have players on the team capable of doing what Randolph can do which is clearly not true.

I am not asking the Warriors management to get him as he would not fit with the system, but for someone to say a current Warrior does the same things he does on the floor is just absurd.

OK. I understand and agree with what you are saying. No one on this Warrior team roster can do the things that Randoph can do. Unfortunately, if this team did have an inside presence, he would not fit in with a Nelson coached team.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:12 pm
The W's have the wrong pieces to make this run and gun offense work!!! They still need that inside presense just like how Phoenix has Amare and how the Mav's have Dirk!!!

Pau Gasol come on down!!! Because Bob Barker says the price is right!!!

Mullin needs to make this trade for Gasol since Memphis plays an uptempo type of offense and he will compliment AB!!!At least we would have two shot blockers and Gasol is alittle bit bigger than AB. Plus Gasol is the best available big out there rt now!!!

This team needs to get bigger because Harrington,AB, Powell won't cut it alone!!! Trading away Ike and Murph just made the team seriously small with no option with playing with a bigger lineup!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:12 pm
The W's have the wrong pieces to make this run and gun offense work!!! They still need that inside presense just like how Phoenix has Amare and how the Mav's have Dirk!!!

Pau Gasol come on down!!! Because Bob Barker says the price is right!!!

Mullin needs to make this trade for Gasol since Memphis plays an uptempo type of offense and he will compliment AB!!!At least we would have two shot blockers and Gasol is alittle bit bigger than AB. Plus Gasol is the best available big out there rt now!!!

This team needs to get bigger because Harrington,AB, Powell won't cut it alone!!! Trading away Ike and Murph just made the team seriously small with no option with playing with a bigger lineup!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:20 pm
I'll tell you one thing though, we migth not have the best backcourt in the NBA, but when healthy Baron, Monta and Jason are arguably the best 1,2,3 combo in the game. J-Rich is better suited to be a small forward, that way instead of having average quickness and below average ballhandling like he does at the 2, he becomes above average at both. This way he will be around the rim more which helps our rebounding, especially on the offensive side. Maybe we will see some more reverse dunk put backs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:55 pm
David Wood wrote:I'll tell you one thing though, we migth not have the best backcourt in the NBA, but when healthy Baron, Monta and Jason are arguably the best 1,2,3 combo in the game. J-Rich is better suited to be a small forward, that way instead of having average quickness and below average ballhandling like he does at the 2, he becomes above average at both. This way he will be around the rim more which helps our rebounding, especially on the offensive side. Maybe we will see some more reverse dunk put backs.

With you being our resident Mav-troll, would you say that Richardson (when healthy) has comparable skills to Michael Finley when he, Finley, was in Dallas?
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball