Nellie's best quotes this season....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Even though this season has been more downs than ups, I really get a kick out of Nellie's quotes, drunken rants, and "emotional speeches"...

Lets liven it up a bit here.... make us laugh... post your favorite Nellie quote this season,

I'll start -

Re: Andris Biedrins and his notorious free-throw shooting:
"I can drop-kick free throws in better than he can make them."

Re: Whether losses become easier to take:
"It gets harder actually. I don't remember how I handled it when I was young, but I'm sure better. I can't drink as much scotch now. When I was younger I could drink more."

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:24 am
"Mully called me on New Years' Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink and he was talking about a player."

There are lots of good quotes... at least, someone on the team is reliable for something. :wink:

All Star
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:30 am
He is a funny guy whose teams are entertaining.

Do you think that alcoholism may be a contributing factor to his teams never getting to the finals and for his notorious melt-downs?

I kind-of like listening to the guy when he is slurring his speech and just cutting loose with his opinions. It's very differenct than listening to a polished press conference.

Rookie
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 pm
TMC wrote:
"Mully called me on New Years' Eve and asked me if I liked sambuca, and I said 'Yeah,' " Nelson recalled. "And he went out there and signed this guy, Azubuike.

"I thought it was a drink and he was talking about a player."

There are lots of good quotes... at least, someone on the team is reliable for something. :wink:

ROFL!!

THat was hilarious!! :thumbright:

Role Player
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:18 pm
whew.... no ones mentioned "cabarkabitch" yet, must protect his dignity!

All Star
» Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:20 pm
uptempo wrote:He is a funny guy whose teams are entertaining.

Do you think that alcoholism may be a contributing factor to his teams never getting to the finals and for his notorious melt-downs?

I kind-of like listening to the guy when he is slurring his speech and just cutting loose with his opinions. It's very differenct than listening to a polished press conference.

I always look foreward to his interviews, too, but sometimes I cringe, afraid he may blurt out something disturbing.

Some of you may have heard his fake crying (over injuries) the other day. Scared the hell out of me. Sounded like a medical emergency.

Today, on KNBR, Nelson was on with Ralph and Tom. His speech as so much clearer than when he is on post-game! Really easy to tell the difference.

As they were talking, there was the sound of a siren and Nelson stopped talking. They kept asking if the police were pulling him over. I swear my first thought was that at least he was sober... Turned out it was just a power outrage at his home and the siren must have been an alarm that was automatically activated.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:55 am
Maybe someone should photoshop a pic of Nelson with a bottle in his hand! That'd be avatar or sig of the year so far