THE LATEST ON POB

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:47 pm
uptempo wrote:At the risk of sounding like a broken record, POB looked very good vs. the Clippers.

Old school coached do not like to play rookies. Don Nelson and Larry Brown are known for being the most unmerciful when it comes to rookie mistakes. Let's hope that POB does not become to the Warriors what Darko was to the Pistions.

I seriously doubt it. Nelson threw Biedrins and Monta into the deep end of the pool this season (with, virtually, no real experience). I doubt O'Bryant will be any different.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:58 pm
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:At the risk of sounding like a broken record, POB looked very good vs. the Clippers.

Old school coached do not like to play rookies. Don Nelson and Larry Brown are known for being the most unmerciful when it comes to rookie mistakes. Let's hope that POB does not become to the Warriors what Darko was to the Pistions.

I seriously doubt it. Nelson threw Biedrins and Monta into the deep end of the pool this season (with, virtually, no real experience). I doubt O'Bryant will be any different.

True, but rookies do have to prove themselves by flashing at least two very good games, then they will find their way into Nelson's rotation. Monta proved himself quickly and so did Biedrins.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:13 pm
Chef's tearing up D-League as of late.

O'Bryant hasn't been getting (and, most likely, won't get) the same amount of opportunities that Ellis and Biedrins got. We need to go off his D-League stats, which usually translate pretty well in the NBA. Look at Kelenna Azubuike.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:18 pm
True. He does need to flash a couple real good NBA games to work into Nellie's rotation. I'm not sure he's sold on POB. But if he's doing well in the D-League, that's great. Here's to hoping it translates.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:30 am
32 wrote:We need to go off his D-League stats, which sometimes translate pretty well in the NBA. Look at Pape Saw.

Fixed the quote for you, buddy. :thumbup:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:30 am
patrick's game line yesterday:

he played 40 minutes, went 5-11 from the floor, 13pts, 3-4 free throwing, 19 rebounds, 5 blocks.

the kid is playing real nice. i like to see those rebounds and blocks. quite frankly we could use him right now.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:34 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:We need to go off his D-League stats, which sometimes translate pretty well in the NBA. Look at Pape Saw.

Come on.

You wouldn't want another 7-footer, besides Foyle, in there rebounding and blocking shots (not to mention, running the floor better than Foyle OR Biedrins)?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:28 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Come on.

You wouldn't want another 7-footer, besides Foyle, in there rebounding and blocking shots (not to mention, running the floor better than Foyle OR Biedrins)?

I don't know if he can run better than Biedrins. Biedrins runs the floor well and is a very quick leaper.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Come on.

Sure, I'm just saying that NBDL production doesn't always translate that well into the NBA game (actually, I think we've been pretty lucky with Azubuike). Worth a try?, sure... but far from a sure thing.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:38 am
POB's latest stats 13 Pts 10 Reb 5 Blk's in 33 minutes.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 am
O.G. Broe wrote:POB's latest stats 13 Pts 10 Reb 5 Blk's in 33 minutes.

Nice stats. Do you believe that he could do half those numbers backing up Biedrens for 15 minutes a night?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:33 am
uptempo wrote:Nice stats. Do you believe that he could do half those numbers backing up Biedrens for 15 minutes a night?

I think the numbers will drop in less minutes... but I'd take a backup who can give me 5 or 6 rebounds and 2 blocks a night in 15 minutes. :dontknow:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 am
Me too... do you think he'll be more productive than Foyle in a backup role right now?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am
JayPat wrote:Me too... do you think he'll be more productive than Foyle in a backup role right now?

Probably not. He'd be able to get a few blocks (I don't think he'd rebound decently against NBA level)... and nobody does that better than Foyle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm
JayPat wrote:Me too... do you think he'll be more productive than Foyle in a backup role right now?

Depends on what you're looking for. As TMC said, Foyle has the experience with the shot-blocking and is probably a current better rebounder.

But he's also hit the ceiling, which O'Bryant hasn't. The NBA minutes could help O'Bryant learn a few tricks, while bulking up. Plus, he's already a better offensive option than Foyle.

If O'Bryant comes back from D-League and can block the same amount of shots as Foyle, I say we put him in. Foyle's not a good rebounder anyways, so we don't lose anything. O'Bryant running the floor, altering shots, and learning the game is more important than Foyle getting a rebound or two more than O'Bryant.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball