Jason Richardson return

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:46 pm
By JR returning to the lineup still doesn't cure the W's two biggest problems defense and rebounding!!!

The W's don't have the pieces to be a good team in the NBA!!! We have the softest and smallest front line!!! This team has no toughness and will never play any type of aggressive defense!!!!

We need to breakup the core again and try to bring in another talented big man whether or not that be Gasol??? I would trade either Monta or J-Rich to acquire him!!! Even though let's say Randolph or Boozer were available their defense is just as bad as Gasol's

I would trade for more players like Jackson or Patterson or any hardnosed players who would bring some aggressiveness into the W's practices!!! This team is so soft and weak!!! I bet this team plays with zero type intensity when it comes to defense in practice!!!

No defense, last in rebounding, no defensive intensity, weak FT shooting=to more funking W's blowouts!!!

We need another trade!!! JR coming back doesn't solve any probs!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:10 pm
Once both Baron and J-Rich come back and play together, we'll have enough firepower to overwhelm the opposition. Our defense/rebounding isn't really great but we have good perimeter D and a couple OK rebounders (Biedrins, Powell)

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:11 pm
J-Rich wrote:By JR returning to the lineup still doesn't cure the W's two biggest problems defense and rebounding!!!

The W's don't have the pieces to be a good team in the NBA!!! We have the softest and smallest front line!!! This team has no toughness and will never play any type of aggressive defense!!!!

We need to breakup the core again and try to bring in another talented big man whether or not that be Gasol??? I would trade either Monta or J-Rich to acquire him!!! Even though let's say Randolph or Boozer were available their defense is just as bad as Gasol's

I would trade for more players like Jackson or Patterson or any hardnosed players who would bring some aggressiveness into the W's practices!!! This team is so soft and weak!!! I bet this team plays with zero type intensity when it comes to defense in practice!!!

No defense, last in rebounding, no defensive intensity, weak FT shooting=to more funking W's blowouts!!!

We need another trade!!! JR coming back doesn't solve any probs!!!

We all hear and feel your frustration. Unfortunately, Mullin had built this team around an injury prone point guard; an emerging and very good shooting guard; a horrible frontcourt that was anchored by an overpaid small forward who could not shoot, an overpaid power forward who could not play the paint and an overpaid and horrible starting center; and a coach who does not empahsize rebounding nor defense. Fast forward from to beginning of the season to now: The injury prone point guard is now recouperating from knee surgery; the emerging and very good shooting guard has missed much of the season to injury; 2/3 of the frontcourt was traded away because of Mullin feeling the pressure from his coaching hire; and the other 1/3 of the starting frontcourt is now delegated to spot minutes off the bench. The team is meandering and plodding along from one Mullin mistake to the next. Compare how our front office operates vs. how the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Nuggets all operate. We are badly outclassed.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 pm
Everybody says that we have the best backcourt in the NBA!!! I doubt that!!!! We may have the most exciting but definitely not the best or productive one!!!

Just a year ago the W's starting backcourt had the worst FT % amongst all starting backcourts in the NBA!!!

Also, Al Harrington is not the answer to our PF needs!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 pm
One more point clearing cap space to sign our current free agents AB and Monta doesn't improve our situation as a team!!! This will still be the same team when they do resign them!!! And it doesn't solve our current problems!!! This team is too small and soft to be considered a good team!!!

I have given up all hope for my team and the only solution I see is to make another trade involving JR, BD or Monta to get a big!!!

This team needed the size of Ike and Murphy!!! In the years forward the team will be looking for another PF with strong rebounding skills back to the situation of having maybe Ike or Murphy again!!!

Mullin to just running around in circles trying to patch up probs that he created!!!

Does anybody know what year was it that Boozer was given a big contract by the Jazz??? Was it a year before the W's gave extensions to J-Rich and Murphy???

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 pm
[quote="J-Rich"]...Mullin to just running around in circles trying to patch up probs that he created!!![quote]

The root of this team's problems.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 pm
I hope BD sits out the rest of the season!!! Reason being this season is hopeless and that will give the W's a better shot at getting a top 3 pick!!!

I thought by trading away DunMurphy that the W's would improve greatly but it's still the same **** every night!!!

With AB or Monta trade status at a all time high I would trade one of them for a proven veteran in their place!!! I can't believe that Boozer and Randolph were both available last year and maybe a year before???

I was hoping that the W's could have traded for Boozer when they offered Murphy for him at the end of last year!!! But, it didn't get anywhere!!! They could've have traded Fisher and Murphy for Boozer and some spare parts!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
there is no way we are getting a top 3 pick. we'd have to lose most of the rest of our games to come close to it. 20-25 wins usually.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:00 am
Boozer's been injured every freakin' year. We don't and should never try for a trade to bring him here. As for Randolph, he doesn't bring much than what the Warriors already have. If anything, someone like KG is who the Warriors would want to aim for.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:41 am
Boozer injury is not related to him being out of shape!!! He has a fractured knee you can't avoid that!!! Plus the way he's playing right now is unreal!!!

What are you talking about nobody on the W's has the type of game that Randolph has!!! Right now I rather have him on the team than BD or JR right now!!!!

Keep dreaming about Garnett because the W's aren't going to get him!!! There's no way he'd want to come here anyways!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:41 am
Boozer injury is not related to him being out of shape!!! He has a fractured knee you can't avoid that!!! Plus the way he's playing right now is unreal!!!

What are you talking about nobody on the W's has the type of game that Randolph has!!! Right now I rather have him on the team than BD or JR right now!!!!

Keep dreaming about Garnett because the W's aren't going to get him!!! There's no way he'd want to come here anyways!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:48 am
Double post, yo!!!

And Loozer is always injured!!!. As much as Baron, if not more!!!

He played 33 games last season!!! And 51 the previous one!!! And now he's injured again!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 am
Good points TMC!!! If only we could get rid of our injury prone players!!! Then we would win more games!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:05 am
xbaywarrior wrote:As for Randolph, he doesn't bring much than what the Warriors already have.

Uh?? I am confused on this comment. Care to elaborate on that? If there is a player on the team that gives us what Zach does, please let me know. I have watched most every game this season and I have seen no player in a Warriors uniform come close to averaging 20-10 on the block.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:28 am
Why are we discussing Zach Randolph when:
1. he is not on the team
2. even if he was on the Warriors, he would not fit in with a Nelson coached team.

Nelson is not about in the paint, low block players who play defense and rebound nor doing well on his coached teams. Nelson is about uptempo, transition basketball, perimeter play, and isolation plays on the wing.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball