God Does Not Like the Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:05 pm
After watching the Warriors wither away, starting 13 years ago, I think there is a higher power at force with this team. If you don't believe in God than take this as some type of higher power.

We have and have had many good rosters within these 13 years. They either underachieved or got injured. I'm not going to talk about these past unfair seasons, but I am going to talk about this present unfair season. Does any other team get shafted like the Golden State Warriors?

Look at this season... This is our best roster to date for 13 F-CKIN' YEARS! Uh-oh the Warriors are gonna have a good team this year, so why not have their best player go down with an injury all season long and not be even close to 80% when he plays. Murphy & Dunleavy for a lopsided trade in Harrington & Jackson. What a great trade for the Warriors, but let's make the Pacers have the better record with their new players (winning record I might add)! All right J-Rich is finally coming back after All-Star break! Now we can finally see J-Rich and BD together at 100%. Oh sh-t... sorry... BD is having knee surgery now. Looks like it's just you J-Rich... again! Fouls being called on Biedrins? Fouls being called in critical moments of the game when they shouldn't be called? I won't even get started with these horse sh-t calls. Opposing teams making incrediable shots even when the Warriors play good defense (i.e. Andre Iggy and many, many more). I don't know!

How 'bout this last reason... HAVING THE MOST LOYAL FANS OUT OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM IN THE NATION AND WE'VE SUCKED FOR 13 YEARS! GIVE US A F-CKING BREAK! WHY TORTURE US!? WE'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG! WE'VE ACTUALLY DONE THE RIGHT THING BY STICKING BY SOMETHING THROUGH THE BAD TIMES!!! AND THERE HAS ONLY BEEN BAD TIMES!!!

Many may argue with this reason, but I really have no more excuses. Let's face it... God just does not like the Warriors. I love God and I'm not mad at God, but I don't think He likes the Warriors. Remember those "God is a Warriors fan" commercials about two years ago... what an oxymoron!

Exactly... There is no reason why we are not playing well. We're Warriors fans! We come up with the best excuses in the world for why our team is not doing well. The excuse above is the best excuse ever! I'm gonna go cry in my bathroom now. :cry:
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:23 pm
I don't know if there's a higher power at work or not (and I'm not sure if I want to know).

All I know is that, with a couple more seasons like this one (and the previous, and the one before that, and... well, the last 12 years), even Broe and 32 will lose their faith and optimistic view.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:36 pm
Yeah, we just get fucked over for one reason or another. God may be involved.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:10 pm
I think Cohen is cursed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:05 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:After watching the Warriors wither away, starting 13 years ago, I think there is a higher power at force with this team. ...Opposing teams making incrediable shots even when the Warriors play good defense...

I have to think any higher power would be neutral, but how about those demons? They obviously take sides.

Take free throws. We all have alluded to a virus, but my take is that demons can actually change the diameter of the basket when even the best Warriors are on the line.

You are not the only one to notice that the opposition always drills the awkward three after 23.7 seconds of possession (that would be demonic possession). I am just surprised that their heads are not spinning around.

And what is it that the ball boys are always cleaning up? Sweat? Ha, it is demonic slime, like in the movies.

However, if you want to be religious in the traditional sense you could always believe that God is trying the get the Warriors a higher draft pick by allowing the demons to do their dirty work.

In this way, He is using the evil ways of the demons to advance His own cause. Tricky stuff to be sure, but Higher Powers can do this sort of thing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:55 pm
Money wrote:I think Cohen is cursed.

I think Cohen should be fired. Once Colangelo is done with the Raptors, bring him to the Golden State!!!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 pm
Cohan can't be fired, he owns the Warriors. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:03 pm
JayPat wrote:Cohan can't be fired, he owns the Warriors. :banghead:

aren't the warriors a non-profit :mrgreen: so he can be voted off :mrgreen:
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:16 pm
lA_£NƒE®MéDåD wrote:

aren't the warriors a non-profit :mrgreen: so he can be voted off :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :banghead: :evil:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:03 am

Darn, the only thing I thought he owned was his mother. And to think, he owns his mother over his own private in his "danger zone!" :shock: :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:58 am
xbaywarrior wrote:

Darn, the only thing I thought he owned was his mother. And to think, he owns his mother over his own private in his "danger zone!" :shock: :mrgreen:

Whatever you like to think about, buddy. :wink:

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:50 am
I have to say that it boils down to bad organisation! Mullin has done alright but you just can't turn things around in a heart beat and the losing tradition of this franchise is going to be hard to shake off

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Warriors Basketball