Nelson to step up soon?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 am
It seems that Al and SJax feel that they are saviors and that they must take over every game.

Obviously, they have been taking far too many inappropriate shots. This leads to other players doing the same thing as they don't think they will see the ball again.

The half-court offense has to be the most inert in all of basketball. Many players use it as a time to rest.

Clearly, the zone sucks and gets no better.

Nelson is funny in the interviews, mostly insulting to the reserve players. He yells at them in public and slams them on the bench for any infraction. At the same time, he seems to accept all sorts of bad play by Al and AJax.

One might say that he is still feeling the team out, but these flaws are common to the game and not all that obscure. Nelson needs to step up and get this going the right way for this year and the future.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:40 pm
It will eventually happen as one night one or two of them will suck horridly and keep shooting. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:41 pm
carlgo wrote:It seems that Al and SJax feel that they are saviors and that they must take over every game.

Obviously, they have been taking far too many inappropriate shots. This leads to other players doing the same thing as they don't think they will see the ball again.

We (euro fans) told you so early after the trade. It was to be expected (player habits don't change radicaly). I was/am just hoping, that Nelson would know how to control them. But it seems, with all these injuries, he has less and less chances to do it... Because of the reasons you mentioned, I don't want them on the second unit either. Anyway, removing these players from the lineup - isn't solution. It's up to Nelson to take care about it and show his skills.

carlgo wrote:Nelson is funny in the interviews, mostly insulting to the reserve players. He yells at them in public and slams them on the bench for any infraction. At the same time, he seems to accept all sorts of bad play by Al and AJax.

Actually the same thing was with Pacers. People thought, that Carlisle is affraid to bench SJax. Like i said - i hope, Nelson will take different approach.

Return to Warriors Basketball