Total votes : 9

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:14 am
what do ya think?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 am
He's a great role player yea. Hed be perfect on Miami or on the Suns or on any other good team. Our team he is forced to do too much.

Like his heart though cant knock the kid there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:22 am
Ain't he awesome for a backup role player?. Hell, yeah... :thumbright:

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:47 am
This may not be the most popular opinion on this board, but I think Powell is better now and will continue to be better than Ike Diogu.

Powell has a nice touch from about 17 feet in, he is athletic, quick and plays decent defense. For that reason, I like what he brings to the table and I think he is only going to get better.

He could use more muscle and I would like to see him develop some back to the basket moves to go with his jumper, but we can't have everything. At this point in his career, I think he can be a pretty good player.

It is amazing to see how well players when they actually get a chance to play. I can only imagine how many other gems there are just sitting on benches around the league. I am guessing a lot.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:39 am
ChicagoTom wrote:This may not be the most popular opinion on this board, but I think Powell is better now and will continue to be better than Ike Diogu

Powell may be a better defender, but that's all. Ike has everything else by his side (well, except size).

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 am
TMC wrote:Powell may be a better defender, but that's all. Ike has everything else by his side (well, except size).

Time will tell. Unlike most others on this board, I never really saw much in Diogu. He might prove me wrong over time, but I am guessing he will not.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:04 am
ChicagoTom wrote:
TMC wrote:Powell may be a better defender, but that's all. Ike has everything else by his side (well, except size).

Time will tell. Unlike most others on this board, I never really saw much in Diogu. He might prove me wrong over time, but I am guessing he will not.

Ike looked great for a brief period last season on a road trip thru the East. He showed a flash of brillance vs. Rasheed Wallace in Detroit; however, he never was able to truly develop because of Mullin's insistence of Monty to continue playing Murphy, Dunleavy, and Foyle on the front line. A self-sabatoging move was to have Ike play center vs. Shaq in Miami, a confidence-destroying move, indeed. If Ike was to have developed with the Warriors, it would have been last season under Monty. In the Nelson run and gun, uptempo offense, Ike was not a good fit. Powell is longer and more athletic, two attributes that will bode better on this Warrior squad.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:51 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:This may not be the most popular opinion on this board, but I think Powell is better now and will continue to be better than Ike Diogu.

Powell has a nice touch from about 17 feet in, he is athletic, quick and plays decent defense. For that reason, I like what he brings to the table and I think he is only going to get better.

He could use more muscle and I would like to see him develop some back to the basket moves to go with his jumper, but we can't have everything. At this point in his career, I think he can be a pretty good player.

It is amazing to see how well players when they actually get a chance to play. I can only imagine how many other gems there are just sitting on benches around the league. I am guessing a lot.

i happen to agree with you... i like powell's physical skill set much better than ike's...

but ya, expect to hear lots of sh*t about this one...

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:24 pm
I admire his willingness to do the dirty work. He doesnt demand the ball, he rebounds, plays d, fights for position, etc. Thats all I ask for in a big man on this team.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:18 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:This may not be the most popular opinion on this board, but I think Powell is better now and will continue to be better than Ike Diogu.

Im with you Chi Town Tom. I never had the same high hopes for Ike that most guys in here have/had. I still think we should have grabbed Granger or Gerald Green instead. (said that since day 1)

Undersized PF's have a tough time in this league. Ask the Knicks about the previous two years.

Return to Warriors Basketball