Mad at SJax????

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:33 am
Having SJax on our team is like having Quentin Rampage Jackson pre-conversion or Krazy Horse Bennet on our squad, and I like it. Very Much.

Ill take a low on education high on heart (SJax) over a high on education low on heart (dungboy) ANYDAY. We all gotta remember any time we mention Jackson we have to remember who we traded away to get him. With that said, he screwed up, he knows he screwed, he has apologized (something dung NEVER did) he said "he couldnt think fast enough". Can you blame him, well you can blame him but for me its.....

SJax>Dung anyday, anytime forever and ever

Rookie
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:09 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:00 am
The thing is - SJax just doesn't have it. When he's playing, he isn't thinking. If You think, next time in the same sithuation he will pass - you are likely wrong. This is neither first, nor second time. Some time ago I was thinking, that SJax freezes out some players on purpose, but it seems that's not the case. SJax can hit the clutch shot, but he is at his best when he is making it in traffic not being involved in the ball movement scheme.
I think, with quality players returning from injuries SJax will do just fine as the 6-th man. He is a good player, Nelson just has to use him wisely.

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 am
Jax should have drove the lane earlier instead of last second Iso, Monta was calling & clapping for the ball near the top of the 3 pt line but he also just stood there and watched Jax, Monta should have cut to the basket, oh well shoulda woulda coulda...
If Jax's shot went in (It was close) he would have been a hero instead today call him goat :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:46 am
Stephen Jackson
On the last shot
“I didn’t have any legs. I missed Monta, Monta was wide open and I think he had a better shot than me, I should have passed because I was struggling all day. My legs weren’t there and my shots were short. I should have made a play for somebody else, but I wasn’t thinking fast enough.”
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: East San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:26 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Stephen Jackson
On the last shot
“I didn’t have any legs. I missed Monta, Monta was wide open and I think he had a better shot than me, I should have passed because I was struggling all day. My legs weren’t there and my shots were short. I should have made a play for somebody else, but I wasn’t thinking fast enough.”


Sometimes, it's better to NOT say this stuff... that quote actually pisssses me off more!! :banghead:

S. Jax... not thinking?? That's why he has the reputation that he has!!

We worked so hard to get back into that game only to have it slip away because of a mental lapse? Inexcusable!

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 am
WestCoast O wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Stephen Jackson
On the last shot
“I didn’t have any legs. I missed Monta, Monta was wide open and I think he had a better shot than me, I should have passed because I was struggling all day. My legs weren’t there and my shots were short. I should have made a play for somebody else, but I wasn’t thinking fast enough.”


Sometimes, it's better to NOT say this stuff... that quote actually pisssses me off more!! :banghead:

S. Jax... not thinking?? That's why he has the reputation that he has!!

We worked so hard to get back into that game only to have it slip away because of a mental lapse? Inexcusable!


Hold on a second here...SJax took responsibility for his mistake. As OG Broe stated, if he had made the shot, he would have been the hero. I would rather have a guy not afraid to take the last shot than a guy who freezes up under pressure. Yeah, we lost the game; however, the team is beginning to gel and should when healthy (hopefully soon) field a full squad of guys who know how to play well together (not 'with each other').

Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:38 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:37 am
Most teams call a timeout in that situation to set up the play. Nellie prefers to give these guys the green light for the fast break, obviously considering the contingencies at hand. If the Hawks had scored, we're looking three ball. If not, the correct play is to drive to the hoop for the score and/or foul. Jax would NOT have been a sure thing at the line in that situation, so it's best that he dish to Monta. From my perspective, sitting on the baseline, Jax was thinking three (was wide open), hesitated when he realized it wasn't necessary, then collapsed mentally and heaved up that brick in desperation.

Two things:

1) It should be automatic that the ball finds Monta's hands in that situation with our current line-up

2) S Jax had NO TROUBLE making those clutch shots against us in the past!

All Star
Posts: 2803
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:44 am
Number 6 wrote:...S Jax had NO TROUBLE making those clutch shots against us in the past!


...sigh...yes, you are correct.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:48 am
Yeah, I agree that Sjax probably makes sense as a 6th man, once JRich gets back, but I love his energy and intensity. He blew it, manned up and admitted it, and it is over. Besides, the ws had no business being in a position to win it. Atlanta played about as badly as a team can in the last 2 minutes, what with turnovers, clanked free throws and matador defense...for the ws to be in a position to steal a game where they had been down 101-90, with no BD, JRich, Pietrus and a groggy Harrington is astonishing. flip the script. Who would have called Ben Gordon to near airball a wide open three on Friday?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:02 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am
Jackson over Dungleavy any day!!! Thank goodness we got rid of Dun. I can barely stand watching the Warriors when he was playing for us.

Rookie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: East San Jose, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:13 pm
uptempo wrote:
WestCoast O wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Stephen Jackson
On the last shot
“I didn’t have any legs. I missed Monta, Monta was wide open and I think he had a better shot than me, I should have passed because I was struggling all day. My legs weren’t there and my shots were short. I should have made a play for somebody else, but I wasn’t thinking fast enough.”


Sometimes, it's better to NOT say this stuff... that quote actually pisssses me off more!! :banghead:

S. Jax... not thinking?? That's why he has the reputation that he has!!

We worked so hard to get back into that game only to have it slip away because of a mental lapse? Inexcusable!


Hold on a second here...SJax took responsibility for his mistake. As OG Broe stated, if he had made the shot, he would have been the hero. I would rather have a guy not afraid to take the last shot than a guy who freezes up under pressure. Yeah, we lost the game; however, the team is beginning to gel and should when healthy (hopefully soon) field a full squad of guys who know how to play well together (not 'with each other').


Sorry bro, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Granted, if he had made the shot, he would've been the hero, but in this instance, he proved that he's a selfish player. He even admitted he should've given the ball up to Monta. He admitted that he was off all day. He has to know that he has to give the ball up in that situation. Yah, I know he has icewater in his veins, but I'd like to see some smarter play from him.

Yes, he's better than Dunleavy....

Yes, he's made clutch shots in the past...

but his actions were flat out STUPID. I don't stand for STUPID plays or STUPID players.

Face it, he DID FREEZE under the pressure. :evil:

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 pm
whoa whoa hold on here.

There is additional pressure being put on everybody else to perform with Bdavis, JRich, and Pietrus being out. I'm sure Monta is playing not at 100% either because of his knee/ankle. SJax also has his hearings in Indy to deal with and that is taking a toll. He did screw up and that is obvious, but he admitted it and is moving on. There are some things I do wish out of him, like not complaining all the time and just getting back on D when the other team is scoring. But, would I rather have dunleavy back? He** no! He lacked emotion and it really wasn't cool and calm, i think it was more of a "who cares" type attitude.

That being said, we are doing ok for being a walk-on MASH unit. Injuries have really decimated us this year and it'll really speak volumes if we can get over this, get healthy and work our way into that 8th spot.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:17 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Jax should have drove the lane earlier instead of last second Iso, Monta was calling & clapping for the ball near the top of the 3 pt line but he also just stood there and watched Jax, Monta should have cut to the basket, oh well shoulda woulda coulda...
If Jax's shot went in (It was close) he would have been a hero instead today call him goat :mrgreen:


I dont agree with this homer much, but he gets it right here =D>

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ringo and 1 guest