Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks @ Warriors 2007-02-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors get revenge against the Hawks?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:30 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 14

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:36 am
Difficult loss to take. The Warriors had so many chances to get themselves inrto the lead or in a position to win the game. Monta's missed free throws, Biedrins' bunny he missed under the basket and Stephen Jackson's 20-footer at the buzzer.

Unfortunately, the Warriors could not capitalize on their chances and quite frankly, did not deserve to win the game.

What I do not get is that all night long, Stephen Jackson drives to the hoop looking for contact. Then, when the game is on the line, he can drive to the hoop, pass it to a teammate or do something else productive and he chucks an ill-advised jumper that was not nearly the best shot the team could have taken.

I personally would have liked to see the ball in Monta's hands to drive to the hoop or pull up with a mid-range jumper. He has already hit one buzzer-beater this season and it would be nice to see it again. Unfortunately, it did not happen.

The Warriors did get the key defensive stops they needed late in the game and that was really nice to see. Unfortunately, again, the Warriors could not take advantage.

A nice game from Jasikevicious off the bench. I would like to see more of him and Monta in the game at the same time.

I liked the play of Barnes once again.

Jackson and Harrington were rubbish last night.

This will be another loss that will haunt the Warriors the rest of the season in regards to the playoff push. Add this to the Milwaukee game and the first Indiana game as games to remember when the Warriors fall short of the playoffs by three games. These were all games the Warriors could have and should have won. But, it was not to be.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 am
ChicagoTom wrote:This will be another loss that will haunt the Warriors the rest of the season in regards to the playoff push. Add this to the Milwaukee game and the first Indiana game as games to remember when the Warriors fall short of the playoffs by three games. These were all games the Warriors could have and should have won. But, it was not to be.

And the two games against the Cavs, the game at Atlanta, the game at Memphis...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:41 am
this team is clearly not ready for the playoffs. p.o.b. needs more seasoning.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Previous

Return to Game Threads