I'M NOT IMPRESSED

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:09 pm
lA_£NƒE®MéDåD wrote:I hate it when guys claim that they were the only people on this board who wanted Artest. Nearly everybody (including me) wanted Artest, it was a vocal minority that spoke out against him.

I can't remember anyone (besides migya, who thought Artest was a loose cannon) that didn't want Artest. Not one name's ringing a bell. :scratch:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:13 pm
lA_£NƒE®MéDåD wrote:I hate it when guys claim that they were the only people on this board who wanted Artest. Nearly everybody (including me) wanted Artest, it was a vocal minority that spoke out against him.

:crazy:

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:23 pm
32 wrote:

I can't remember anyone (besides migya, who thought Artest was a loose cannon) that didn't want Artest. Not one name's ringing a bell. :scratch:

OG Broe was opposed to Artest coming here. Perhaps it was because I was advocating the trade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:29 pm
Oooooh, uptempo gets one in under the radar.

uptempo: 1
broe: 0
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 pm
32 wrote:Oooooh, uptempo gets one in under the radar.

uptempo: 1
broe: 0

LOL. I don't keep score. Actually, OG Broe is the one person on this board who keeps track of POB's progress in Bakersfield. It might be more of a generational thing; fans from my generation (the over 40 crowd) are tired of the Twardzick, Saint Jean, Mullin excuses for fielding a lottery team each and every year. We just want front office accountability and professionalism, something that has been missing from this team for many years. If we continue to stumble along with giving marginal players contract extensions, drafting projects, letting good coaches go and hiring bad coaches, and letting our divisional rivals acquire players via trades instead of us, what are we to do? Let's be honest here: Chris Mullin is overmatched and not prepared to run this team's front office. Until Cohan gets a real professional to run this franchise (read: fire Mullin), we will always be a lottery team. Also, if people are going to criticize Nelson, they should also be criticize the person who hired Nelson.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:03 am
uptempo wrote:Until Cohan gets a real professional to run this franchise (read: fire Mullin), we will always be a lottery team. Also, if people are going to criticize Nelson, they should also be criticize the person who hired Nelson.

Theres only one thing in common in all our years of ineptitude, thats Cohan himself. Ive said it before we have the worst owner in the history of professional sports. We have had different players, different coaches, different GM's, different cheerleaders, different trainers, different uniforms well you get the picture, the only thing that has stayed the same this past decade is our owner.

As for Mullin, I was one of the first to say fire mully, but after this last trade you cant say much bad about him objectively. Maybe the Foyle extension, but I think everyone thought Foyle had enough integrity to continue to practice and get better, but we all know Foyle took the cash and ran.

Mullin's +'s
Monta
Biedrins
Baron Davis
Keeping JRich
trading away Fish, Dung when he realized they were vastly overpaid

Mullins -'s
firing Muss, instead of getting rid of Dung earlier. (Muss was onto Dung before everyone, except me of course)
hiring Monty
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:35 am
32 wrote:I can't remember anyone (besides migya, who thought Artest was a loose cannon) that didn't want Artest. Not one name's ringing a bell. :scratch:

Me, and I hated the idea of trading for Artest for the same reasons migya did. Too much of a risk... (of going nuts).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:49 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I can't remember anyone (besides migya, who thought Artest was a loose cannon) that didn't want Artest. Not one name's ringing a bell. :scratch:

Me, and I hated the idea of trading for Artest for the same reasons migya did. Too much of a risk... (of going nuts).

Yea i think there were a couple more. You sure you werent part of the group 32 :wink: ?? Cause back then i was hardcore lets get Artest and id even say a Majority of the board didnt want to move IKE for him. And that was the only trade we coulda done. Dung and Ike.

So before guys start getting "Pest-y" make sure you were around when we were discussing the Artest before making up history.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball