Yay, boo

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Well I have a feeling that one night, Harrington will really suck but cross the line with the amount of shots he takes, and Nelson will rip it into him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:31 pm
carlgo wrote:Nelson finally played the second unit as a team and left them in there for meaningful minutes. So much better that the usual two minutes and out if you fail plan. Maybe better use of the reserves in the future? Yay.

The second team played man D! They got stops, cut down on the open threes and offensive rebounds, got steals and provided the spark to win the game. Maybe more man D in the future! Yay.

When the starters came back into the game, they were inspired, or pushed maybe, to a much higher level of intensity. Maybe a trend. Yay.

Sarunas will be a huge part of any future success success this season if he is used wisely. Maybe Nelson is seeing this. Yay.

I think, Nelson just took a look at how Sarunas and the second unit was used in Indiana and applied the similar approach. Usually Sarunas with another players of the second unit provided energy spark from the bench and many times initiated comeback (that's why Sarunas had one of the best +/- stat). Pacers second unit usually outplayed oponents second unit and sometimes the second unit was the difference.
With the quality warriors bench (especially after return of injuried players), I see the second unit playing important role in W's success, providing intensity and lift, when needed at most nights.
BTW, SJax and Al in the starting lineup and Monta from bench configuration reminds me Pacers team, where Monta means the same as Danny Granger for Pacers franchise.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:40 pm
32 wrote:
JayPat wrote:I think his spot on our priority list will be night-to-night. If he is hitting his shots (as he is well capable of doing), he will slide up to 1st or 2nd option. If he is ice cold (also capable of being), he'll go down to 5th or 6th.

I dunno if I can see that... not because it shouldn't happen (which, it should), but because I can't imagine Al Harrington not taking 15 shots in a night. Call me crazy.

Me too :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:48 pm
JayPat wrote:Well I have a feeling that one night, Harrington will really suck but cross the line with the amount of shots he takes, and Nelson will rip it into him.

I can see that... even though Nelly knows how to motivate his guys. Some guys (like O'Bryant, Barnes, or even Monta) need tough love to thrive... but Nelson's been pretty harmless when dealing with Baron and Richardson.

Red used to do the same thing with the Celtics. You deal with each guy individually. Harrington might be more of a sugar guy than a viniger guy. Al seems like the kind of player who does better when he praised and goes into a funk when people rip on him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:59 pm
lA_£NƒE®MéDåD wrote:He is not a small forward. He has never been primarily a small forward. He never will be a small forward. How many times do I have to say this?

Say it one more time.

By the way I think we will be better with Harrington at Small Forward?

What was that el enf@n#$do?
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball