YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes : 14

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:34 am
Great game! Good way to start this semi-homestand. Im glad we had tom tolbert instead of bill walton. Tolbert knows his stuff. Has antone else noticed that monta always looks pissed on the bench? Looks like hes not having a good time and hes never talking to anyone... Just an observation

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:30 am
was i the only one that laughed so hard when harrington took the shot and then he had like an exciting feeling like he won and started to do a bunch of gestures? haha. Anyways good game!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:23 am
Lituano wrote:I'm optimist - Warriors by 2, if Jackson and Harrington will shoot with better percent :)

So, i was right :) sometimes it's good to be optimist :)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Al always takes a shitload of shots.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:14 pm
Thunder wrote:Did anyone see Duhon take FOUR steps in the lane before Jackson blocked his shot? If that made a difference in the game the refs should have been suspended. FOUR steps.

Yeah, I was listening on the radio and I thought Barnett was going to have a heart attack! From what I can see, 1/2 the fouls that happen don't get called, and 1/2 that do are not fouls. It is atrocious, and as for walking, palming, double-dribbling, forget about it, there is a travel on probably 1/4 of the plays in a game. The reffing is a complete farce, but I don't think the refs are corrupt or biased, just utterly incompetent. (Though I do think they have been told to ease up on traveling on Lebron, DWade, Kobe, etc...) They need to hire younger NBDL and ABA players as refs, so they can keep up. The refs are slow and short and old, and the game just goes by too fast for them. No surprise that baseball is the best officiated game and hoops the worst. It's the pace and the sightlines...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:26 pm
It's a real good point about the pace of the game being too quick for the refs, Coltraning. Baseball has a bunch of out of shape old fatasses, but they're real good at what they do cause all they have to do is stand there. There isn't nearly as much to look out for in baseball - balls and strikes, fair or foul, out or safe, all of which occur in a very small space that you can judge when standing/crouching in a very still position. Basketball refs just have to see so much so fast, and a lot of the court is obscured, especially things that happen in the lane when it's all clogged up. It's like they're trying to make up for everything they miss by calling a bunch of ***** charge fouls these days. Barnett made a good point last night when Ben Wallace took a charge from Monta and fell over. He got the call, and it was a charge, but Barnett was saying that a Bill Russell or Kareem would never have pulled that ****, letting a guard run into them in the lane and then fall over backwards. Such BS. Quicker, younger refs I think are essential.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:05 pm
True but the younger refs SUCK (example: #21 from Friday night, who sparked this whole ref debate with his shitty calls).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:16 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:It's a real good point about the pace of the game being too quick for the refs, Coltraning. Baseball has a bunch of out of shape old fatasses, but they're real good at what they do cause all they have to do is stand there.

I can't talk about baseball because I don't know anything about that game, but bball is the worst officiating game I've seen (although soccer is really close). It's true that the game may be too fast for the refs... I'm ok with that. It's not easy to always make the right calls.

What bothers me is the change of judgment. What one day is a foul, it may not be the next day. One game there are lots of silly fouls while in other games you barely see a call...

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:24 am
Highlight of the game: "He gets his hand on a lot of balls"

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:19 am
that was indeed a good game. i was watching it at the bar and i couldnt believe some of the foul calls, but it was great to explode in that 4th quarter, i had flashbacks of sjax nailing that 3 at the buzzer when gordon threw that last shot up there, we got lucky on that one! good win, but we need to keep it up.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Previous

Return to Game Threads