Yay, boo

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:39 am
Nelson finally played the second unit as a team and left them in there for meaningful minutes. So much better that the usual two minutes and out if you fail plan. Maybe better use of the reserves in the future? Yay.

The second team played man D! They got stops, cut down on the open threes and offensive rebounds, got steals and provided the spark to win the game. Maybe more man D in the future! Yay.

When the starters came back into the game, they were inspired, or pushed maybe, to a much higher level of intensity. Maybe a trend. Yay.

Sarunas will be a huge part of any future success success this season if he is used wisely. Maybe Nelson is seeing this. Yay.

He got the Warrior's free throw virus (as many predicted). Boo.

Powell sure has been a revelation. He can play. Yay. Wish he was taller or at least wider.

So many pass & crashes, charging calls and front-funning NBA refs. Boo.

Saw a 7' 8.5" Chinese player on the Today show. He missed a dunk. Boo.

The TV angle sure made that last shot look like it was going in. Yay

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:07 am
i seriously thought the last shot by gordon was going in, luckily it didnt!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:20 pm
I dont know if you can call Sarunas getting the "free throw virus" he only missed one of the most pressuring free throws in the whole game, and he came through and made the second one but besides that... YAY
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 pm
He's definitely caught the free throw virus... he's shooting 76.9% since he got here!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:59 pm
I don't think Nelson has much faith in Cabbages game. In his media interviews he has stated he is and will be the third string PG, period. Personally, I don't enjoy watching him play, especially when he struggles to handle the ball under pressure.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:03 pm
Nelly almost blew the game by keeping Monta on the bench for most of the third quarter. When he got in the game really changed, yah.

josh powell is a player. I don't see any weakness in his game. Yah

Pietrus sam dunk over the defensivew rebounder was incredible, Yah.

Matt Barnes played great defense down the stretch, Yah.

Harrington is just a shooter, and thats all, Boo.

Oh yeah, Kaleena. double yah.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:53 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I agree Harrington is not the long term answer at PF, but hes not "just" a shooter.

He can dribble penetrate, pass, create for his teammates.

Plays with heart. (something one takes for granted until he sees the Dungurphy combo)

And if he played the 3 hed be posting up quite well.

Hes aggresive at going after the boards but is just too small sometimes and ends up tipping it out to teamamtes ect. But what can u expect when hes giving 3-4 inches every night.

AL missed a ton of close baskets but when he starts making those you cant complain about his O.

Put AL at SF and all his defensive and offensive flaws go away.
formerly known as tradedunleavy
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 pm
montastic wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I agree Harrington is not the long term answer at PF, but hes not "just" a shooter.

Plays with heart. (something one takes for granted until he sees the Dungurphy combo)

Hes aggresive at going after the boards but is just too small sometimes and ends up tipping it out to teamamtes ect. But what can u expect when hes giving 3-4 inches every night.

AL missed a ton of close baskets but when he starts making those you cant complain about his O.

On any other team he'd be a SF but on a Nellie team he's a PF--and a good Nellie PF too.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:31 pm
I have almost no faith in Rooney during crunch time. He makes bad decisions, can't handle the ball, and MISSES CLUTCH FT'S! That's his specialty. He really just isn't fun to watch because he's so damn slow and unathletic.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:43 pm
JayPat wrote:
montastic wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

On any other team he'd be a SF but on a Nellie team he's a PF--and a good Nellie PF too.

I agree - dude is averaging 19 a game, and when Jrich and BD are (if ever) healthy, a team with Biedrins, Monta, JRich, BD and Harrington will be a fastbreak machine, bringing Jax, Pietrus, Barnes, Powell and Kaleena off the bench...I like it
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:58 pm
JayPat wrote:
montastic wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

He is not a small forward. He has never been primarily a small forward. He never will be a small forward. How many times do I have to say this?
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:06 pm
lA_£NƒE®MéDåD wrote:
JayPat wrote:
montastic wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

He is not a small forward. He has never been primarily a small forward. He never will be a small forward. How many times do I have to say this?

Sorry dude... :?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:06 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:Harrington is just a shooter, and thats all, Boo.

Harrington is a 3rd option scorer who takes shots like he's a 1st option scorer.

If we were the Hawks and he was our #1 guy, I'd be worried. If we were the Pacers and he was our 2nd option, I'd probably be worried. But Harrington is not our franchise, he's not second in command, and (by next year) he won't even be the third option. Harrington's scoring will be ranked behind Richardson, Monta, and Baron.

I'm cool with having a 4th option that drops 19 points a game, aren't you?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:13 pm
32 wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:Harrington is just a shooter, and thats all, Boo.

Harrington is a 3rd option scorer who takes shots like he's a 1st option scorer.

If we were the Hawks and he was our #1 guy, I'd be worried. If we were the Pacers and he was our 2nd option, I'd probably be worried. But Harrington is not our franchise, he's not second in command, and (by next year) he won't even be the third option. Harrington's scoring will be ranked behind Richardson, Monta, and Baron.

I'm cool with having a 4th option that drops 19 points a game, aren't you?

I think his spot on our priority list will be night-to-night. If he is hitting his shots (as he is well capable of doing), he will slide up to 1st or 2nd option. If he is ice cold (also capable of being), he'll go down to 5th or 6th.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:14 pm
JayPat wrote:I think his spot on our priority list will be night-to-night. If he is hitting his shots (as he is well capable of doing), he will slide up to 1st or 2nd option. If he is ice cold (also capable of being), he'll go down to 5th or 6th.

I dunno if I can see that... not because it shouldn't happen (which, it should), but because I can't imagine Al Harrington not taking 15 shots in a night. Call me crazy.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball