I'M NOT IMPRESSED

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:26 am
ChicagoTom wrote:
After Shaq and Wade though, who is your next scorer? Haslem? NO. Walker? NO. Payton? NO. Their third scorer right now is Jason Kapono. Let me say that again, THEIR THIRD SCORER RIGHT NOW IS JASON KAPONO!! I don't think I need to say anything else to make one believe that Miami does not have the most firepower in the league. They are not even close.

Well, Kapono is a decent scorer. He can't do anything else, but he can score. That's for sure...

Anyway, I guess 32 meant the Suns. To be honest, I didn't even realize he wrote the Heat in his post...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:30 am
TMC wrote:Well, Kapono is a decent scorer. He can't do anything else, but he can score. That's for sure...

I will give you that that he is a decent scorer, but until Eddie Jones pleaded with the Heat to release him a few weeks back, Kapono was going to get cut.

I guess the point I am making is that Heat are NOT the most explosive team in the NBA. Our fourth option, whether it be Monta, Stephen Jackson or Biedrins is better than their third option.

I am straying from the topic and I apologize. I am done.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:32 pm
J-Rich wrote:For Murphy and Ike I would've liked to see us get Artest!!! He could have given us that toughness and at least play some aggressive defense every night!!!

Not sold on Harrrington!!! He just a more athletic Murphy who can't rebound and for someone 6'9 he doesn't have much hops.

Seems like Mully fucked up again he could have given Ike to the Pacers for Ron Ron and maybe we could have played Murphy and Ron at the forward!!! At least we would've have marginal players on other teams getting their career highs in points against us!!!

Imagine AB at center and Ron guarding the perimeter that's at least a decent upgrade for our defense!!!

thanks J-Rich for seeing Harrington through clear glassess instead of the rose colored glassess that most of the people on this web site are looking through. The guy has little hops, little toughness, and does not give the Warriors what they need. The last thing we need is another 3 point shooter. We need a tough guy defender and inside scorer to help Andres.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:45 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
J-Rich wrote:For Murphy and Ike I would've liked to see us get Artest!!! He could have given us that toughness and at least play some aggressive defense every night!!!

Not sold on Harrrington!!! He just a more athletic Murphy who can't rebound and for someone 6'9 he doesn't have much hops.

Seems like Mully fucked up again he could have given Ike to the Pacers for Ron Ron and maybe we could have played Murphy and Ron at the forward!!! At least we would've have marginal players on other teams getting their career highs in points against us!!!

Imagine AB at center and Ron guarding the perimeter that's at least a decent upgrade for our defense!!!

thanks J-Rich for seeing Harrington through clear glassess instead of the rose colored glassess that most of the people on this web site are looking through. The guy has little hops, little toughness, and does not give the Warriors what they need. The last thing we need is another 3 point shooter. We need a tough guy defender and inside scorer to help Andres.

Good points made by both of you. People on this board attacked me for wanting us to go after acquiring Artest, who, by the way, would have fit in very well with a Nelson coached team. The other thing about Mullin, is that he allowed a divisional rival (Sacramento) to improve itself with his front office blundering; this is very bad.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:43 pm
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

Good points made by both of you. People on this board attacked me for wanting us to go after acquiring Artest, who, by the way, would have fit in very well with a Nelson coached team. The other thing about Mullin, is that he allowed a divisional rival (Sacramento) to improve itself with his front office blundering; this is very bad.

artest in our lineup would be absolutely sweet...and i dont know how anybody would not want that dude checking fools...

as far as harrington not giving us what we need, that's not the right way to look at things...

he gives us more than dun or murph ever would have...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:45 pm
I agree with uptempo. Artest would be just what the doctor ordered. He is tough, defensive minded, and can score. We haven't had a real enforcer on this team since tim Hardeway. If we are going to gain in cerdibility we have to get tougher. josh powell has potential to be that guy. I hope nelly let him develop. We need a guy who looks like this :evil:

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:41 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote: ...Artest would be just what the doctor ordered. He is tough, defensive minded, and can score...

On the contrary, Arteste needs to order a doctor. He has an illness that is not going away on its own.

He can have the skills of MJ, but it doesn't matter because he is unhappy and is not playing well. He wants to go to another team. Again.

Anyone that thinks he would be happier here, or wherever, and play well consistently is just ignoring his problem.

After successful treatment, then get him here right away.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:51 pm
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
dareedle wrote:There is a lot of blame to go around, Nellie, Mullie and Jax and Harrington who have brought worse defense than having Murphy and Dunleavy around which I thought was impossible. We have several major issues, 1. our GM is the unofficial NBADL with 5-6 starters on playoff bound teams (hughes, Arenas, Jamison, Alster, Dampier, Murphy and Dunleavy) 2. Nellie (every day he is looking like the marketing ploy of a desperate GM ... either his style does not work or we actually have the worst NBAers in the league) 3. Zero team chemistry - besides Ellis and Biedrins... and a very loyal and gamer in J-Rich ... does anyone really like this roster? I would give away Ellis, if someone would give me an expiring contract and pick up Foyle. It is not like the league does not have a plethora of overpaid or soon to be overpaid shooting point guard. Most Warriors fans are used to fourth quarter blow ups, but the new trend of 30 point blow outs with the new and improved squad means that our squad has reach the lows of the JB Carroll days.

And people on this board call me overly critical...

Only because we take you seriously.

This dareedle guy lost his credibility from a lot of posters a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, he's tuned out. Like JRich.

or aletha33
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:29 pm
Like many other fans, I had the hope we might improve on defense, rebounding and fast break points with the disappearance of Jr. and Murphy, but I had found their replacements, with the exception of Jackson to be completely underwhelming. We have no perimeter defense and Nellie has yet to adjust to the fact that teams are preventing any fast break opportunities for the G-men on the road. Our team chemistry seems out of whack, Barnes, Pietrus and company have played worse with the absence of Dunleavy and the arrival of ball hog Harrington and Bdiddy is wearing down as our only true PG, our leading scorer, our only player able to create off the dribble and involve teammates. Ironically, we need a player like Webber who can command a double team and get team-mates good looks with crisp passing but Nellie is too arrogant to move away from his half court offense of iso's. The next time we trade for a big ... I would look into a player that can pass effectively out of a double team (Webber, Shaq, Duncan, Yao, Wallace, Garnet) and not a black hole (Diogu, Murphy, Harrington, Randolph, Jamison)... Gee isn't it coicidence that we have not made the playoffs since we had a front court player that could both score and pass.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:13 am
aletha33 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

artest in our lineup would be absolutely sweet...and i dont know how anybody would not want that dude checking fools...

as far as harrington not giving us what we need, that's not the right way to look at things...

I agree with all four dudes. I always wanted Artest, from Day 1. Artest is the perfect players for ANY SYSTEM not run by rednecks (Indy Pacers). This guy is a defensive MVP, can score, brings toughness, rebounds, can pass out of double team ect.

PG. Money
SG. Baron
SF. Artest
PF. Harrington
C. Biedrins
6th man-Sjax

I think Indy more than trades us Harrington, SJax for JRich and Murphy.

Spilled milk but with a SF like Artest it more than makes up for Harringtons shortcomings on defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:52 am
Money wrote:I agree with all four dudes. I always wanted Artest, from Day 1. Artest is the perfect players for ANY SYSTEM not run by rednecks (Indy Pacers). This guy is a defensive MVP, can score, brings toughness, rebounds, can pass out of double team ect.

Only one problem... you're talking about a sane Artest.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:38 am
TMC wrote:
Money wrote:I agree with all four dudes. I always wanted Artest, from Day 1. Artest is the perfect players for ANY SYSTEM not run by rednecks (Indy Pacers). This guy is a defensive MVP, can score, brings toughness, rebounds, can pass out of double team ect.

Only one problem... you're talking about a sane Artest.

Crazy or sane, Artest would be a great fit for Nelson. Nelson's system allows for shooting guards and small forwards to thrive. Johnson, Pressy, Pierce, Bridgeman, Winters, Richmond, Sprewell, Teagle, Findley all thrived playing for Nelson. Artest would have, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:18 pm
Money wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

I agree with all four dudes. I always wanted Artest, from Day 1. Artest is the perfect players for ANY SYSTEM not run by rednecks (Indy Pacers). This guy is a defensive MVP, can score, brings toughness, rebounds, can pass out of double team ect.

PG. Money
SG. Baron
SF. Artest
PF. Harrington
C. Biedrins
6th man-Sjax

Spilled milk but with a SF like Artest it more than makes up for Harringtons shortcomings on defense.

Artest was better with Indy than with the Kings. He won defensive player of the year there. It wasn't his play that bothered them.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:05 am
Money wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

PG. Money
SG. Baron
SF. Artest
PF. Harrington
C. Biedrins
6th man-Sjax

Of course, Artest can bring all the qualities, but... Baron, Artest, Harrington and (partly) SJax would want to get 20-25 shots each. SJax and (must be?) Baron can survive not getting it, but Harrington and Artest - can't. Artest will get his brain injury once again and require the trade.
Artest will fit and live happily only if warriors will play him as primary offensive (not defensive) player. Imo Artest left Indiana because he couldn't be happy playing as complementary player to O'Neal.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:39 am
I hate it when guys claim that they were the only people on this board who wanted Artest. Nearly everybody (including me) wanted Artest, it was a vocal minority that spoke out against him.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball