Would you trade up for Kevin Durant?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would you draft Kevin Durant if the Warriors had the chance?

Yes
12
86%
No
0
No votes
Duran Duran is a fan of the Warriors
2
14%
 
Total votes : 14


All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:39 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
uptempo wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.


With a team that has not made the playoffs in 12 years, everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it would improve the team. I like Baron, J-Rich and Biedrens; however, this team is not a winning team.


Which is why at times, you have to think, are you doing this to bring more fans in? or are you doing this to build a contender? Now I love Jason, I love Baron, and I love AB. And the fans do too, Jrich is the fan favorite. But if we have to trade him to a team to receive a star in return to make this team a legit threat, then by god do it.


Agreed!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:32 pm
uptempo wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
uptempo wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.


With a team that has not made the playoffs in 12 years, everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it would improve the team. I like Baron, J-Rich and Biedrens; however, this team is not a winning team.


Which is why at times, you have to think, are you doing this to bring more fans in? or are you doing this to build a contender? Now I love Jason, I love Baron, and I love AB. And the fans do too, Jrich is the fan favorite. But if we have to trade him to a team to receive a star in return to make this team a legit threat, then by god do it.


Agreed!

I agree, as well. Anything to improve the team should be done.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:34 pm
No knowing that the W's won't be at the lower end of the lottery picks 1-3 doesn't do anything for me!!!

The W's are a good non playoff team!!! Not bad enough to get anyone of the 1st five picks and and good enough to make the playoffs either!!!

When J-Rich comes back. The W's might do alittle bit better. But they will ruin their chances to getting a top pick and they still won't make the playoffs!!!

The only thing that I can see positive is that somehow the W's fall and have one of the top five worst records this year. And that ain't gonna happen!

We had wasted our two draft picks the last two years because the worst are always amongst the better part of the lottery teams!!! Damn, it even with all these injuries the W's find ways to win at home! Why can't they go on a 10 game losing streak!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:35 pm
When you look at the W's record they'll get the 13th pick this year!!! Not good enough for this draft!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:44 pm
Dude, forget the friggin' draft. Golden State is trying to get a playoff spot for the first time in 12 years.

I'll make it real easy for you: the Warriors are DEFINATELY NOT going to get Greg Oden or Kevin Durant. There. Happy?
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:00 pm
They are not making the playoffs this year!!! Denver will get the 8th spot once Iverson recovers from his injury!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:00 pm
They are not making the playoffs this year!!! Denver will get the 8th spot once Iverson recovers from his injury!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:55 pm
Denver's 9-16 since getting Iverson.

The talent's there... but, as always, AI is just a blackhole. The guy gets his assist numbers, but he's a chemistry killer and always has been. People are creaming over an Iverson/Carmelo combination... but Iverson failed to have successful partnerships with Jerry Stackhouse, Chris Webber, and Keith Van Horn (who were all 20 PPG scorers prior to teaming with Iverson). What's different about Carmelo?

The only time in history when Iverson brought success to a team was when he took the Sixers to the Finals (once).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:00 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:15 am
J-Rich wrote:When you look at the W's record they'll get the 13th pick this year!!! Not good enough for this draft!!!


We always end up with a lame first round pick. No way Boston trades their pick if they top 2, they are tanking for a reason.

Id be down with any package to get Durant, including BD, JRich, and whoever else it takes.

But Id wanna Monta....just personal preference.
formerly known as tradedunleavy
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:37 am
32 wrote:Denver's 9-16 since getting Iverson.

The talent's there... but, as always, AI is just a blackhole. The guy gets his assist numbers, but he's a chemistry killer and always has been. People are creaming over an Iverson/Carmelo combination... but Iverson failed to have successful partnerships with Jerry Stackhouse, Chris Webber, and Keith Van Horn (who were all 20 PPG scorers prior to teaming with Iverson). What's different about Carmelo?

The only time in history when Iverson brought success to a team was when he took the Sixers to the Finals (once).


With one difference... this time, Melo is being the blackhole, not AI.

JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.


I'd be ok for trading anyone. I wouldn't keep a single player on our roster out of the right trade.

I mean, there are only a handful of untradable players in this league. Wade, Nowitzky, Lebron, Duncan, Dwight Howard... I'm probably forgetting a few (no, not Kobe or Nash... Kobe because I'd trade him for any of the above and Nash because, well, he's getting old...).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:01 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.


I'd be ok for trading anyone. I wouldn't keep a single player on our roster out of the right trade.

I mean, there are only a handful of untradable players in this league. Wade, Nowitzky, Lebron, Duncan, Dwight Howard... I'm probably forgetting a few (no, not Kobe or Nash... Kobe because I'd trade him for any of the above and Nash because, well, he's getting old...).

And you might as well add Greg Oden to that list, right now.

Which is why no one will trade their low picks... so Warriors fans should stop fantasicing over getting Oden or Durant. The only possible way Golden State gets Oden is by pure, blind luck. And that means missing the playoffs... and still ending up with the #1 pick, despite having a better record than virtually all of the lottery teams.

Won't happen.

I'd trade Baron, Andris, and Richardson for Oden... but nobody would take that.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:11 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.


I'd be ok for trading anyone. I wouldn't keep a single player on our roster out of the right trade.

I mean, there are only a handful of untradable players in this league. Wade, Nowitzky, Lebron, Duncan, Dwight Howard... I'm probably forgetting a few (no, not Kobe or Nash... Kobe because I'd trade him for any of the above and Nash because, well, he's getting old...).

And you might as well add Greg Oden to that list, right now.

Which is why no one will trade their low picks... so Warriors fans should stop fantasicing over getting Oden or Durant. The only possible way Golden State gets Oden is by pure, blind luck. And that means missing the playoffs... and still ending up with the #1 pick, despite having a better record than virtually all of the lottery teams.

Won't happen.

I'd trade Baron, Andris, and Richardson for Oden... but nobody would take that.


Would you trade Baron and Andris for Garnett?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13530
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:16 am
uptempo wrote:Would you trade Baron and Andris for Garnett?

No. Garnett's in his 12th year. Baron and Andris are in their 8th and 3rd, respectively. The average length for an NBA superstar's career is 15 seasons.

I would not trade 12 more seasons of Andris and 7 more seasons of Baron... for 3 more seasons of Garnett.

But Baron and Harrington for Garnett? In a heartbeat.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:40 am
32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Would you trade Baron and Andris for Garnett?

No. Garnett's in his 12th year. Baron and Andris are in their 8th and 3rd, respectively. The average length for an NBA superstar's career is 15 seasons.

I would not trade 12 more seasons of Andris and 7 more seasons of Baron... for 3 more seasons of Garnett.

But Baron and Harrington for Garnett? In a heartbeat.


How about Richardson and Andris? Also, remember that Garnett is only 30 years old.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 am
It's a no-brainer...I would trade any warrior for Durant or Oden. We have some great players, but no bona fide superstar. The only one who looks like he MIGHT get there is Monta. Meanwhile, Durant is off the ****ing hook as a freshman, and Oden is dominating playing LEFTHANDED. I really like a lot of the ws, esp Monta and Biedrins, but no team is a contender without a genuine superstar, and we don't have one. And whatever happened to Duran Duran anyway - are they still hungry like the wolf? Here's living proof that today's generation has no monopoly on massively bad taste...these fools sold something like 100 million records

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZWUh0qqVy38" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron