I'M NOT IMPRESSED

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:Let's face it we got screwed.


How did we get screwed? Explain? You'd rather have Dun & Murph (and their contracts) over Jacks & Harring (and their contracts)? I don't know about you, but I say f-ck no!

I wouldn't say Harrington's a sissy either. He's way more physicial than Dun and Murph combined! Plus Harrington has a great game every two or three games. Dunleavy & Murphy had a great game every 10 games or so when they were on our team this season.

You'd rather have Dun & Murphy for more money and more years than Jacks and Harring? Are you crazy!? At least Jacks and Harring are physicial!

Just to add... off topic... We are losing games right now as a team and not individually. I can tell they all like to play together it's just wether or not the whole team is suited up every game. Once J-Rich is back things will change, but hopefully it won't be too late. Even when J-Rich was in the line-up this year you can tell the team had more desire to win. Just J-Rich being on the court is a difference maker.


Richardson is a good (read: not great) player who should make our team better. He, however, is not going a 10-game difference maker (like Kobe, Lebron, D-Wade, Duncan, etc.).

This Warrior team should improve and has a chance to be pretty good with its current roster (let's hope for better health and some luck).

With Dunleavy and Murphy, this team had no chance to improve. I, too, do not see how "we got screwed."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:12 am
uptempo wrote:Richardson is a good (read: not great) player who should make our team better. He, however, is not going a 10-game difference maker (like Kobe, Lebron, D-Wade, Duncan, etc.).


Well, I do believe Richardson can be that 10-game difference maker (while those other guys you mention are 30-game difference makers).

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:36 am
I'm not saying at all that i would rather have Dun and Murphy over Jax and Al. AS a matter of fact I have said the Dun is the Johnny Le Master of the Warriors. However, I am saying that Al is not nearly as good as advertised. He's not physical. He doesn't block shots or grab tough rebounds. He is an awful finisher inside. He can't dunk very well. I just expect more from a big 6'10" guy that is suppose to be your power forward. He is definitely no deterent on defense. If he is whatr fits the Warriors system then the system is screwed up. When the Warriors had a chance to get Chris Wilcox we let him go to Seattle. We need a Wilcox type of forward to play along side of Biedrins (who I love). When your best power player is your point guard you have a problem. :banghead:

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:10 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:I'm not saying at all that i would rather have Dun and Murphy over Jax and Al. AS a matter of fact I have said the Dun is the Johnny Le Master of the Warriors. However, I am saying that Al is not nearly as good as advertised. He's not physical. He doesn't block shots or grab tough rebounds. He is an awful finisher inside. He can't dunk very well. I just expect more from a big 6'10" guy that is suppose to be your power forward. He is definitely no deterent on defense. If he is whatr fits the Warriors system then the system is screwed up. When the Warriors had a chance to get Chris Wilcox we let him go to Seattle. We need a Wilcox type of forward to play along side of Biedrins (who I love). When your best power player is your point guard you have a problem. :banghead:


Nelson's system is a perfect fit for Al Harrington. Just look at how bad of a fit Ike was.

And no, we do not have a problem. This team has lots of problems...but it should score lots of points.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:24 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:24 pm
uptempo wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:I'm not saying at all that i would rather have Dun and Murphy over Jax and Al. AS a matter of fact I have said the Dun is the Johnny Le Master of the Warriors. However, I am saying that Al is not nearly as good as advertised. He's not physical. He doesn't block shots or grab tough rebounds. He is an awful finisher inside. He can't dunk very well. I just expect more from a big 6'10" guy that is suppose to be your power forward. He is definitely no deterent on defense. If he is whatr fits the Warriors system then the system is screwed up. When the Warriors had a chance to get Chris Wilcox we let him go to Seattle. We need a Wilcox type of forward to play along side of Biedrins (who I love). When your best power player is your point guard you have a problem. :banghead:


Nelson's system is a perfect fit for Al Harrington. Just look at how bad of a fit Ike was.

And no, we do not have a problem. This team has lots of problems...but it should score lots of points.


Stats from the SF Chronicle concerning our road trip. Pay special attention to our points per game. These stats were against crap teams. We are not scoring lot's of points and to make it worse, we gave up season high's in points to three of the six crap teams we played!

Last night's loss ended a six-game road trip for the Warriors, who went into the trip with a 4-15 road record.

W-L: 2-4

PPG: 98.5

Opp. PPG: 109.5
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:53 pm
He's doing well... and will do better when J-Rich comes back.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:47 pm
There is a lot of blame to go around, Nellie, Mullie and Jax and Harrington who have brought worse defense than having Murphy and Dunleavy around which I thought was impossible. We have several major issues, 1. our GM is the unofficial NBADL with 5-6 starters on playoff bound teams (hughes, Arenas, Jamison, Alster, Dampier, Murphy and Dunleavy) 2. Nellie (every day he is looking like the marketing ploy of a desperate GM ... either his style does not work or we actually have the worst NBAers in the league) 3. Zero team chemistry - besides Ellis and Biedrins... and a very loyal and gamer in J-Rich ... does anyone really like this roster? I would give away Ellis, if someone would give me an expiring contract and pick up Foyle. It is not like the league does not have a plethora of overpaid or soon to be overpaid shooting point guard. Most Warriors fans are used to fourth quarter blow ups, but the new trend of 30 point blow outs with the new and improved squad means that our squad has reach the lows of the JB Carroll days.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:03 pm
dareedle wrote:There is a lot of blame to go around, Nellie, Mullie and Jax and Harrington who have brought worse defense than having Murphy and Dunleavy around which I thought was impossible. We have several major issues, 1. our GM is the unofficial NBADL with 5-6 starters on playoff bound teams (hughes, Arenas, Jamison, Alster, Dampier, Murphy and Dunleavy) 2. Nellie (every day he is looking like the marketing ploy of a desperate GM ... either his style does not work or we actually have the worst NBAers in the league) 3. Zero team chemistry - besides Ellis and Biedrins... and a very loyal and gamer in J-Rich ... does anyone really like this roster? I would give away Ellis, if someone would give me an expiring contract and pick up Foyle. It is not like the league does not have a plethora of overpaid or soon to be overpaid shooting point guard. Most Warriors fans are used to fourth quarter blow ups, but the new trend of 30 point blow outs with the new and improved squad means that our squad has reach the lows of the JB Carroll days.


And people on this board call me overly critical...

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 pm
For Murphy and Ike I would've liked to see us get Artest!!! He could have given us that toughness and at least play some aggressive defense every night!!!

Not sold on Harrrington!!! He just a more athletic Murphy who can't rebound and for someone 6'9 he doesn't have much hops.

Seems like Mully fucked up again he could have given Ike to the Pacers for Ron Ron and maybe we could have played Murphy and Ron at the forward!!! At least we would've have marginal players on other teams getting their career highs in points against us!!!

Imagine AB at center and Ron guarding the perimeter that's at least a decent upgrade for our defense!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13525
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 pm
uptempo wrote:
dareedle wrote:There is a lot of blame to go around, Nellie, Mullie and Jax and Harrington who have brought worse defense than having Murphy and Dunleavy around which I thought was impossible. We have several major issues, 1. our GM is the unofficial NBADL with 5-6 starters on playoff bound teams (hughes, Arenas, Jamison, Alster, Dampier, Murphy and Dunleavy) 2. Nellie (every day he is looking like the marketing ploy of a desperate GM ... either his style does not work or we actually have the worst NBAers in the league) 3. Zero team chemistry - besides Ellis and Biedrins... and a very loyal and gamer in J-Rich ... does anyone really like this roster? I would give away Ellis, if someone would give me an expiring contract and pick up Foyle. It is not like the league does not have a plethora of overpaid or soon to be overpaid shooting point guard. Most Warriors fans are used to fourth quarter blow ups, but the new trend of 30 point blow outs with the new and improved squad means that our squad has reach the lows of the JB Carroll days.


And people on this board call me overly critical...

Only because we take you seriously.

This dareedle guy lost his credibility from a lot of posters a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, he's tuned out. Like JRich.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:48 am
TMC wrote:
uptempo wrote:Richardson is a good (read: not great) player who should make our team better. He, however, is not going a 10-game difference maker (like Kobe, Lebron, D-Wade, Duncan, etc.).


Well, I do believe Richardson can be that 10-game difference maker (while those other guys you mention are 30-game difference makers).


how do you see jrich as a 10-game difference maker? what will he bring to the table that addresses are major deficiencies now?

assuming he takes pietrus' spot in the starting lineup and gets the majority of the minutes, we don't get bigger...we won't rebound more....our defense will get slightly worse...passing will slightly improve...scoring will increase say 5 to 10 points...running game will improve...

it must be that increase in scoring and the fact that jrich is a much better finisher on the break that leads you to believe he can be a 10-game difference maker...

what else?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 am
aletha33 wrote:how do you see jrich as a 10-game difference maker? what will he bring to the table that addresses are major deficiencies now?

assuming he takes pietrus' spot in the starting lineup and gets the majority of the minutes, we don't get bigger...we won't rebound more....our defense will get slightly worse...passing will slightly improve...scoring will increase say 5 to 10 points...running game will improve...

it must be that increase in scoring and the fact that jrich is a much better finisher on the break that leads you to believe he can be a 10-game difference maker...

what else?


The fact that he'll be another key weapon on offense, and will force opposing defenses to focus on him more than Pietrus or any other role player would... which will open the game even more for Baron and Harrington.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13525
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 am
TMC wrote:The fact that he'll be another key weapon on offense, and will force opposing defenses to focus on him more than Pietrus or any other role player would... which will open the game even more for Baron and Harrington.

As well as himself.

We have 5 guys on the team who have averaged 17 or more points in a season (Baron, JRich, SJax, Big Al, and - so far - Monta).

Aside from the Heat, I don't know if anybody else in the league has that kinda individual firepower.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 am
32 wrote:Aside from the Heat, I don't know if anybody else in the league has that kinda individual firepower.


Exactly. We're an offensive team. Adding a healthy J-Rich to the lineup won't make us worse at anything, while it will add more scoring to an already good scoring team.

As our game it's outscoring rivals, I can't see why it won't help.

Role Player
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:19 am
32 wrote:Aside from the Heat, I don't know if anybody else in the league has that kinda individual firepower.

This is not really on topic, but do you honestly think the Heat has the most offensive firepower in the league? I mean Wade is fantastic and might be the most potent scorer in the league. However, after that, and a questionable Shaq there is not much.

I know the argument will be IF Shaq comes back healthy he is the best big man in the league, but I disagree with that. He is still a good center, but his days of dominating and scoring 20-25 a game are long gone. He can't seem to stay healthy long enough to get the team in any kind of rhythm.

After Shaq and Wade though, who is your next scorer? Haslem? NO. Walker? NO. Payton? NO. Their third scorer right now is Jason Kapono. Let me say that again, THEIR THIRD SCORER RIGHT NOW IS JASON KAPONO!! I don't think I need to say anything else to make one believe that Miami does not have the most firepower in the league. They are not even close.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests