I'M NOT IMPRESSED

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not impressed with Harrington. He is just another big man who thinkss he's a guard. That type of player is a loser. He's a bad rebounder ( to hell with his stats). He only gets point guard type of ebounds, lose ball, long rebounds, etc. he never mixes it up. Has he blocked a shot as a Warrior? He just want to shoot from the outside. I say get rid of him as soon as possible. He is not what the Warriors need. He's Mike Dunleavy. :evil:

Oh yeah, I forgot. He is a terrible defender and heis also a turnover machine. I have never seen a big man that miss so many layups. I thought we were getting a big man. He's a sissy. Let's face it we got screwed. I hate him! As a player that is. He is probably a wonderful human being, but I don't want him on our team. :banghead:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:30 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I'm not impressed with Harrington. He is just another big man who thinkss he's a guard. That type of player is a loser. He's a bad rebounder ( to hell with his stats). He only gets point guard type of ebounds, lose ball, long rebounds, etc. he never mixes it up. Has he blocked a shot as a Warrior? He just want to shoot from the outside. I say get rid of him as soon as possible. He is not what the Warriors need. He's Mike Dunleavy. :evil:

Oh yeah, I forgot. He is a terrible defender and heis also a turnover machine. I have never seen a big man that miss so many layups. I thought we were getting a big man. He's a sissy. Let's face it we got screwed. I hate him! As a player that is. He is probably a wonderful human being, but I don't want him on our team. :banghead:

I wonder if he has small hands? He doesn't seem to control the ball very well above his head in traffic. I've never seen one guy miss so many layups in my life.

It could be that he's just looking for the foul first and isn't thinking about making the shot. I'm sure he'll get that worked out if that is the problem.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:51 pm
relax man, you're crazy to think harrington isnt better than dunleavy, he certainly is. he's not perfect no, he isnt a great finisher inside, neither was dunleavy, but he has a great turnaround, a few clever post moves and he shoots 46% from 3. give the guy a break.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:57 pm
Al Harrington fits in nicely with Nelson's style of offense. Nelson does not preach defense nor rebounding, so Al fits right in. On that note, it would not surprise me to see Nelson pull Biedrens away from the basket to set up for a three point shot (Manute Bol II).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:01 pm
Harrington is better then dun but he is not an answer at PF by a longshot

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:07 pm
migya wrote:Harrington is better then dun but he is not an answer at PF by a longshot

I would tend to agree with you on your statement; however, Harrington is the type of player that Nelson likes. A low block player who plays in the paint would not fit in with a Nelson coached team; just ask Ike about his short time with Nelson.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:34 pm
Damn 3-12 four minutes into the 2nd quarter? Yikes. Should've start trying to figure out other ways to the offense going.

He's had, correct me if I'm wrong, three horrible shooting games already. All of which were on the road except the Cavs home game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:15 pm
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:Harrington is better then dun but he is not an answer at PF by a longshot

I would tend to agree with you on your statement; however, Harrington is the type of player that Nelson likes. A low block player who plays in the paint would not fit in with a Nelson coached team; just ask Ike about his short time with Nelson.

Nelson's style or not, Harrington does not make the team a whole lot better.

Nelson's style, so far at least, does not look like the system that will make this team a winner! Granted the team is young and there have been many injuries but the team has not been as good as Nelson's past teams

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:41 pm
migya wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Nelson's style or not, Harrington does not make the team a whole lot better.

Nelson's style, so far at least, does not look like the system that will make this team a winner! Granted the team is young and there have been many injuries but the team has not been as good as Nelson's past teams

have to disagree, migya. Just to unload dungmurphy's conract was an improvement and Harriginjax is an upgrade at each position. The sick thing is the 7th and 8th seeds are now below .500 in the mighty west, and the ws are only 1.5 games out. If they go into the break 26-28 and Jrich is back healthy, they have as good a shot as anyone to make 8th seed...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:55 am
coltraning wrote:have to disagree, migya. Just to unload dungmurphy's conract was an improvement and Harriginjax is an upgrade at each position.

Yeah... try not to focus on what they do wrong (because, well, there's just one MJ) and, instead, remember what we had before the trade. Also, their contracts are pretty good compared to those albatross we got rid of in the trade.

Let's look at the trade with perspective.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:51 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:have to disagree, migya. Just to unload dungmurphy's conract was an improvement and Harriginjax is an upgrade at each position.

Yeah... try not to focus on what they do wrong (because, well, there's just one MJ) and, instead, remember what we had before the trade. Also, their contracts are pretty good compared to those albatross we got rid of in the trade.

Let's look at the trade with perspective.

TMC, focusing on what they do wrong is the only way they are going to improve. I wish Nelly would focus on what they do wrong because there is a lot of room for improvement in every area. Tell me you don't cringe when someone other than Baron Davis is handling the ball? Tell me you don't cringe everytime the other team drives down our lane? Tell me you don't cringe when you see the other team grab 3 or 4 offensive rebounds, After 12 years of utter futility most of us can't relax. it's getting no better.

Lastly, Nelly is not the answer. He has never won anything big and he is a quitter. He is going to quit on the Warriors real soon. Mark my words.

Thank you for listening to my complaints. As I tell my wife all the time "tomorrow never comes".
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:TMC, focusing on what they do wrong is the only way they are going to improve. I wish Nelly would focus on what they do wrong because there is a lot of room for improvement in every area. Tell me you don't cringe when someone other than Baron Davis is handling the ball? Tell me you don't cringe everytime the other team drives down our lane? Tell me you don't cringe when you see the other team grab 3 or 4 offensive rebounds, After 12 years of utter futility most of us can't relax. it's getting no better.

Lastly, Nelly is not the answer. He has never won anything big and he is a quitter. He is going to quit on the Warriors real soon. Mark my words.

Thank you for listening to my complaints. As I tell my wife all the time "tomorrow never comes".

I'd wait a bit before saying this team can't win. I mean, we are 17-8 (or something like that. I haven't really checked it) at home... that's a pretty decent record. That means we're close to being a playoff team. The only thing that's in our way to the playoffs is that we cannot win on the road.

But that should be undertandable. Two of our key players (Ellis and Biedrins) are extremely young and developing, J-Rich has been out since the start of the season, Al and Jackson have joined the team mid-season, and nobody can't expect them to learn to play together in a few days...

I mean, those are excuses, and I know people hates excuses... but they're all facts and, as such, perfectly valid to explain why the team hasn't been playing up to the level of his players. I really believe we have a chance to make the playoffs with this team (if they're able to stay healthy). If not this year, it will be the next.

Do I think we can win a title with this roster?. Not a chance in hell... but I don't think the team is aiming at that right now.

btw, the roster is being tailor-made for Nellie. Changing coaches right now would only mean start re-building the team... and that would mean 3 or 4 more years before being in the playoff race again. I really don't want to go that route.
Last edited by TMC on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am
Let me preface this statement by saying....getting rid of the contracts of Dunleavy and Murphy in and of itself was a big accomplishment. On top of that, I think Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington do fit in better with this system right now.

BUT.....my main problem with these two new guys is that there is not a shot on the court they do not like. They are gunners who have no problem jacking up bad shot after bad shot. When they are hitting, things can go well, look at the Indiana game for an example. However, since these two have been in the lineup, the Warriors are 4-6. I know a lot of these losses came on the road where the Warriors do not play as well, but that is not an excuse.

Perhaps people might think I am just bitching, but these two players have done very little to help this team get better and ultimately make the playoffs. Perhaps the team will gel when everyone gets healthy, but we have no idea if and when that will happen this season.

The rebounding of both players and defense is both piss poor. Perhaps they were better defenders on Indiana, but they left that in Indianapolis if you ask me. Perhaps it is because Don Nelson does not give a toss about defense.

Which leads me to Nellie....I like the guy and think he has helped this team grow some this season, but he needs to preach and teach a little more defense and rebounding. I can go out there and tell a team to jack up shot after shot too. However, if the Warriors are not hitting their shots as we saw a few too many times on this last road trip, Nellie has no answer and makes no adjustments which should not happen.

Nellie might get this team into the playoffs next season, but I am with Reginald in the fact that he will leave after next season regardless of what happens. Nellie does not win championships. He is a good coach on one side of the ball and more is needed for this Warrior team to get to the next level we all want to see them at.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 am
ChicagoTom wrote:Let me preface this statement by saying....getting rid of the contracts of Dunleavy and Murphy in and of itself was a big accomplishment. On top of that, I think Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington do fit in better with this system right now.

BUT.....my main problem with these two new guys is that there is not a shot on the court they do not like. They are gunners who have no problem jacking up bad shot after bad shot. When they are hitting, things can go well, look at the Indiana game for an example. However, since these two have been in the lineup, the Warriors are 4-6. I know a lot of these losses came on the road where the Warriors do not play as well, but that is not an excuse.

Perhaps people might think I am just bitching, but these two players have done very little to help this team get better and ultimately make the playoffs. Perhaps the team will gel when everyone gets healthy, but we have no idea if and when that will happen this season.

The rebounding of both players and defense is both piss poor. Perhaps they were better defenders on Indiana, but they left that in Indianapolis if you ask me. Perhaps it is because Don Nelson does not give a toss about defense.

Which leads me to Nellie....I like the guy and think he has helped this team grow some this season, but he needs to preach and teach a little more defense and rebounding. I can go out there and tell a team to jack up shot after shot too. However, if the Warriors are not hitting their shots as we saw a few too many times on this last road trip, Nellie has no answer and makes no adjustments which should not happen.

Nellie might get this team into the playoffs next season, but I am with Reginald in the fact that he will leave after next season regardless of what happens. Nellie does not win championships. He is a good coach on one side of the ball and more is needed for this Warrior team to get to the next level we all want to see them at.

You make some good observations here.

I would wait until after the All Star break to evaluate our new players.

Nelson was not brought in here to get the team into the playoffs (that would be a nice bonus). Nelson was brought in here to obfuscate potential fan and media criticism that would have occurred because Mullin could not put together the big offseason trade that he had promised. Nelson provides the fans another source of entertainment (he is also quite funny with his drunken buffonary and honesty).
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:01 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Let's face it we got screwed.

How did we get screwed? Explain? You'd rather have Dun & Murph (and their contracts) over Jacks & Harring (and their contracts)? I don't know about you, but I say f-ck no!

I wouldn't say Harrington's a sissy either. He's way more physicial than Dun and Murph combined! Plus Harrington has a great game every two or three games. Dunleavy & Murphy had a great game every 10 games or so when they were on our team this season.

You'd rather have Dun & Murphy for more money and more years than Jacks and Harring? Are you crazy!? At least Jacks and Harring are physicial!

Just to add... off topic... We are losing games right now as a team and not individually. I can tell they all like to play together it's just wether or not the whole team is suited up every game. Once J-Rich is back things will change, but hopefully it won't be too late. Even when J-Rich was in the line-up this year you can tell the team had more desire to win. Just J-Rich being on the court is a difference maker.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball