Would you trade up for Kevin Durant?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would you draft Kevin Durant if the Warriors had the chance?

Yes
86%
No
No votes
Duran Duran is a fan of the Warriors
14%

Total votes : 14

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:04 pm
would durant fit into the warriors style?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:13 pm
Dude, I would trade ANYTHING for Durant. And anything is what it would take. I'd trade BD+Biedrins+Jrich+First rounder for Durant. Why? Because having a superstar makes you that much closer to winning a ring.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:42 pm
Well, how can I put this. Let me think a sec.... FU*K YEAH!!! Durant is dominating the college league. Posting up what? 34-36 ppg on the road?! Insane. The kid's just as scary on the road. The Longhorns would be a legit threat for Florida's title if Aldridge and others stayed a while longer. KD has made the Freshman of the Year race a real tight one to watch. Oden isn't going to get it easily. I know big men these days are hard to find, but KD is another one of those special players you may have a hard time passing on. Plus Oden may stay if the chemistry builds stronger.

I'd do anything to get that 1st or 2nd pick. But how would we get it? This draft is strong. It may not be a 2003 draft, but it's just there.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:41 pm
i do anything to get him here
This is the year

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:47 am
Oh!!! So now everybody is jumping on the Durant bandwagon!!!
I was pushing for this guy even before the season started!!!

That's why I wanted the W's to not make the playoffs so they will have a shot at this guy!!! But everybody here at the time wanted the W's to make the playoffs!!!

This team sucks and has no heart whatsoever!!!! Getting ****ing blownout almost every roadgame!!! No heart Warriors!!! They need to push to make another trade!!! Mullin sounded like he wasn't impressed with his team on the radio today!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:01 am
Just one thing... why would any team in a position to draft Durant or Oden trade down?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:34 am
TMC wrote:Just one thing... why would any team in a position to draft Durant or Oden trade down?

Stupidity?

There's a lotta dumb GM's out there.

Personally, I'd give my right nut to have Oden on the team... but Durant wouldn't be too shabby, either. Having Oden and Durant in the same draft is like having Shaq and Duncan in the same draft. Both are franchise big men who will make their teams championship contenders for years to come.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 am
J-Rich wrote:...That's why I wanted the W's to not make the playoffs so they will have a shot at this guy!!! But everybody here at the time wanted the W's to make the playoffs!!!

This team sucks and has no heart whatsoever!!!! Getting ****ing blownout almost every roadgame!!! No heart Warriors!!! They need to push to make another trade!!! Mullin sounded like he wasn't impressed with his team on the radio today!!!

If the season were to end today, the Warriors are in the lottery. So, are you happy now?

Without the new players from the Pacer trade, would the team have an even higher lottery selection? Probably.

Yes, the team sucks, but it is entertaining enough to keep the docile Bay Area fans from calling for Mullin's head. Nelson adds to the entertainment value of the team.

What kind of trade are you advocating?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:09 pm
uptempo wrote:If the season were to end today, the Warriors are in the lottery. So, are you happy now?

Without the new players from the Pacer trade, would the team have an even higher lottery selection? Probably.

Yes, the team sucks, but it is entertaining enough to keep the docile Bay Area fans from calling for Mullin's head. Nelson adds to the entertainment value of the team.

Dude, I have a feeling you'd call for Mullin's head even if we won the championship...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:16 pm
#32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:If the season were to end today, the Warriors are in the lottery. So, are you happy now?

Dude, I have a feeling you'd call for Mullin's head even if we won the championship...

Twardzick, Saint Jean, Mullin; they are interchangeable. Mullin has drafted and has traded relatively well, but has made mistakes in veteran talent evalution, coach firing and hiring and contract extensions.

The team would do better with Vandeweghe or Donnie Nelson running the front office.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:26 pm
I don't know about this.

For some reason, fans are willing to give young players and young coaches years to learn on the job... but it doesn't hold true with young GM's? Let's give Mullin a report card:

Yes, he screwed up hiring Mike Montgomery. But he realized it, acknowledged it, and correct it. It seems to me that Mullin realized the importance of a good coach and did what he needed to attain one. Maturity in it's rawest form, if you ask me.

Then, Mullin went sign-happy in the beginning of his tenure. He locked up Adonal Foyle, grabbed Derek Fisher, and signed Richardson, Murphy, and Dunleavy to long-term deals. After realizing that he would soon hit the ceiling if he kept spending like a Republican, Mullin dealt Fisher away in a salary dump... and, less than a season later, dropped Murphy and Dunleavy as well. Now, we have good players with good contracts. Aside from Foyle and Harrington, nobody on the team is being overpaid. Nobody. Once again, Mullin learns from his mistakes and becomes a more complete VP.

Chris Mullin is learning from his bad decisions... and turning them into good deals. The Warriors are, undeniably, a better team now than they were before Mullin came aboard. Watching Mullin in the office is like watching Biedrins on the court; they've both come a long way and have learned a lot... and, now, they seem pointed in the right direction. We can either get rid of them prematurely (and let them work their magic elsewhere) or we can continue to let them grow with us.

Vanderweigh has no incentive to come to Golden State... and Donnie Nelson is employed by the Mavericks. Mullin (while not Joe Dumars) has been a good VP thus far. What about the team NOW do you not like? Nelson? The guy who motivated Baron Davis and helped Mullin swing the recent trade?

I just don't get it. Chris Mullin and Don Nelson have both done great jobs since coming here.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm
#32 wrote:I don't know about this.

For some reason, fans are willing to give young players and young coaches years to learn on the job... but it doesn't hold true with young GM's? Let's give Mullin a report card:

Yes, he screwed up hiring Mike Montgomery. But he realized it, acknowledged it, and correct it. It seems to me that Mullin realized the importance of a good coach and did what he needed to attain one. Maturity in it's rawest form, if you ask me.

Then, Mullin went sign-happy in the beginning of his tenure. He locked up Adonal Foyle, grabbed Derek Fisher, and signed Richardson, Murphy, and Dunleavy to long-term deals. After realizing that he would soon hit the ceiling if he kept spending like a Republican, Mullin dealt Fisher away in a salary dump... and, less than a season later, dropped Murphy and Dunleavy as well. Now, we have good players with good contracts. Aside from Foyle and Harrington, nobody on the team is being overpaid. Nobody. Once again, Mullin learns from his mistakes and becomes a more complete VP.

Chris Mullin is learning from his bad decisions... and turning them into good deals. The Warriors are, undeniably, a better team now than they were before Mullin came aboard. Watching Mullin in the office is like watching Biedrins on the court; they've both come a long way and have learned a lot... and, now, they seem pointed in the right direction. We can either get rid of them prematurely (and let them work their magic elsewhere) or we can continue to let them grow with us.

Vanderweigh has no incentive to come to Golden State... and Donnie Nelson is employed by the Mavericks. Mullin (while not Joe Dumars) has been a good VP thus far. What about the team NOW do you not like? Nelson? The guy who motivated Baron Davis and helped Mullin swing the recent trade?

I just don't get it. Chris Mullin and Don Nelson have both done great jobs since coming here.

#32, I'm glad you're so optimistic for our team, but it seems that you believe that the only reason we won't win 50+ games this year is because of the injuries. You love our coach, our point guard, our new acquisitions. You think our defense is ok, well good enough anyways to be a winner in the west and you love our style of play under Nelson. I certainly wish I could see things so brightly as you do. Hey, I'll try it.

100% for sure, when our savior on high, Jason Richardson is 100% healthy (this is subjective of course whether he is playing well or not) I guarantee us a championship. Hey, now I feel better. Hang on, my next batch of brownies is done. Gotta go try this with the Raiders as well.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:43 pm
I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:15 pm
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.

With a team that has not made the playoffs in 12 years, everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it would improve the team. I like Baron, J-Rich and Biedrens; however, this team is not a winning team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:38 pm
uptempo wrote:
JayPat wrote:I'd be OK for trading anyone except Baron, J-Rich, and Biedrins.

With a team that has not made the playoffs in 12 years, everyone on the roster should be tradeable if it would improve the team. I like Baron, J-Rich and Biedrens; however, this team is not a winning team.

Which is why at times, you have to think, are you doing this to bring more fans in? or are you doing this to build a contender? Now I love Jason, I love Baron, and I love AB. And the fans do too, Jrich is the fan favorite. But if we have to trade him to a team to receive a star in return to make this team a legit threat, then by god do it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball