YES
65%
NO
35%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:39 am
I don't like the Warriors chances tonight. With Baron and Monta out, a lot of scoring will be missed. Players like Barnes, Pietrus, Azubuike and Sarunas will really have to pick up their games if the Warriors are to have any chance at all.

I am guessing Jackson and Harrington are going to have to ice their respective shoulders down after tonight's game. These two will likely put up a total of 45 shots tonight. I just hope at least of them go in.

As for Monta, have we gotten a definitive answer on what his injury is and how long he will be out?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:57 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, could be. I just think that the NBA game is too fast for him... I didn't watch him much with the Pacers, but, from what I've seen so far, he's having trouble with the speed of the game.

Agree, Saras is slow, if we are looking from NBA standard position :) He plays alternative basketball style all his career - ball must be er than people in this basketball philosophy, and creative players are better players than fast... (of course, creative+fast player is the best :) )

But 1 on 1 defense - this is problem for Saras - point guards are so quick in this league...

I stay with my old opinion - NBA game is not only too fast, NBA game is too dumb for him... :) Send him back to Europe, and he will win collection of MVP and Euroleague Cups again :) And we will see teambasketball show again :)

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:23 am
Lituano wrote:I stay with my old opinion - NBA game is not only too fast, NBA game is too dumb for him... :)

Care to elaborate more on this?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:51 am
My head says the Wolves. But with this team starting to gel a little bit better, I like the Dubs.

Dubs by 3

BTW: Did anyone hear Andris on Fitz and Brooks??? THIS GUY IS HILARIOUS!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:25 am
TMC wrote:
Lituano wrote:This is the chance for Sarunas - if he will play 30 minutes, he can show, what he can... If he will play bad basketball again - then i agree with all Saras opponents, he's not so good now... ;) but i believe and i know, that Saras is player, who can win important games for team.

Yeah, could be. I just think that the NBA game is too fast for him... I didn't watch him much with the Pacers, but, from what I've seen so far, he's having trouble with the speed of the game.

I don't think NBA game is too fast for him (at least offensively). The thing is, that playing fast isn't only about having fast feets - it's about thinking fast and having greatchemistry (understanding each other) with teammates. And the last thing, which means a lot, isn't there yet.
Actually i think, that it's not very favorable matchup for him (to play against Mike James) and of course Mike ("the most humble person in the league" :) will score more but it's a chance for Saras to prove, he can run the point. I wish very much, that he will not dissapoint us...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:56 pm
d1mex wrote:BTW: Did anyone hear Andris on Fitz and Brooks??? THIS GUY IS HILARIOUS!!!!

I didn't hear what he said . . . can you sum it up?

But I did know that Andris is hilarious - when asked who his favorite all-time dunker was in the NBA he said, with a straight face "Adonal Foyle." What a joker.

Still, Nellie is the funniest man in the NBA here is this snippet:

...The second bus, which left the Warriors' hotel a half-hour after the first, was involved in a minor fender-bending accident. That prompted Nelson to crack a joke about Jackson's legal issues as police officers boarded the bus.
"I told Jackson to get down and keep quiet," Nelson said.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:46 pm
Cabbage... has yet to find his range with the team... I am not sure what it is, but its not speed as much as poor decision making. Pass when he should shoot and shoot when he should pass...

Hopefully he can have his break out game tonight

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 pm
I note that the poll was "Can" the Warriors win, not "Will" they. So I said yes. That hinges on either BD or Monta playing...if they aren't, well, it's going to take a special effort from somebody. We don't have an answer for KG. Let's just hope the W's come out blazing & don't slow up.

As a fan: W's by 2
As a rational human being: Wolves by 7
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 pm
Do we know that Baron and Monta are out?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:31 pm
Looking at warriors history the past couple of years, we win against the strong teams and lose against the crappy teams.

Minnesota is a moderately strong team so we'll win by 3.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 pm
Thunder wrote:Still, Nellie is the funniest man in the NBA here is this snippet:

...The second bus, which left the Warriors' hotel a half-hour after the first, was involved in a minor fender-bending accident. That prompted Nelson to crack a joke about Jackson's legal issues as police officers boarded the bus.
"I told Jackson to get down and keep quiet," Nelson said.

Hahaha, that's priceless.

cladden wrote:Do we know that Baron and Monta are out?

Yes, Baron said he lowered his 50% chance of playing but he did say he would be willing to play scrap minutes behind Cabbage. Monta ruled himself out yesterday, but he will be back Friday for the home game. He was walking under his own power, but was still a little gimpy.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:18 pm
This is going to be tough for Cabbage. He hasn't played much, is in no kind of rythm, looks depressed and not confident and the Ws half-court offense is so horrid that he will not get the screens and other help he has enjoyed on the Euro circuit.

I thought he might be the secret weapon in the trade because saving Davis' legs is a big positive. After his promising first game, he has not been good as everyone here has noted.

A win tonight would be an upset for sure, but that happens now and then. Still, gotta be a bit negative and see the Ws starting out ok, but falling behind as the game progresses.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:19 pm
I think Cabbage will have a solid or breakout game tonight. Nellie has lost a ton of faith in him and it's time he wins it back with a monster game.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:21 pm
It warmed my heart seeing Monta in warm-ups.

As for the game, Harrington on KG is gonna be tough (KG scored first 4 points). But if we gonna win we gotta stop Blount and Davis from having huge games.
formerly known as tradedunleavy

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:53 pm
It seems Al and SJax droped everything on Pacers...
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads