49er fans CLICK HERE

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:55 am
so...new regime this time around. no choice but improvement. who's excited about next season? what are your thoughts on the draft? i would love braylon edwards b/c he can be an immediate threat ala r. williams or a. boldin. i dont want to take a qb first overall. weak NFC west division means anything can happen in todays NFL

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:36 pm
Well i think what the actual team needs is a quarterback. Not necessarily with an arm or play making ability, but more the ability to lead the team when the situation looks the bleakest. That is what Montana did so well.

As for the organization, we need 1 GM and 1 president i think. Not 4 or 5 vice presidents working for a certified loon.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:38 pm
I hope they don't draft a quarterback cause i don't think the two top ones are franchise changers. I saw on espn that the niners might trade the pick to san diego for phillip rivers. I don't know exactly what the deal would be cause i don't have insider. But i hope they don't make that trade either.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:59 am
Well they did draft a QB. Either because nobody would trade for their pick or Alex Smith was the best prospect out there that would be able to start out of the box.

As for the 49ers.com site, i like how they say "in their quest for an 18th NFC Div West championship".. I think they are far removed from that contention right now if they are in "rebuilding mode".

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:04 pm
I am happy they drafted Smith as well as made a concerted effort through the draft and free agency to improve the O-Line. Hopefully the defense will be healthier next year and at least they can be respectable.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:00 pm
I was at the 49ers Headquarters on draft day. I won tix to the party via KNBR..It was a very interesting experience...they now have the weight room set up in a circle with all the machines looking in..so all the players have to see one another while they work out..this was done to make them realize they are all working for and with each other and they are responsible for one another

Nolan came out and answered alot of questions we had about smith and about the future of the franchise..He gave great answers and i can tell you he is a great motivator...I'm looking forward to the season with guarded optimism..i'm not thinking we'll win alot ..but we'll be at least respectable

It's me UR-NME just decided to change my name

Return to Sports Board