Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2007-02-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to seeing Dunleavy playing SG?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:43 pm
Trolloc wrote:Never know what to expect from this team...but a great win considering the circumstances surrounding the trade.

Its a relief to see them able to step up when they need too. A loss tonite would have had alot of haters coming out of the swamp.

We definately got the better of the trade based on tonites play, hopefully they can keep that focus agaitnst the T'wolves.

Xrays negative on Monta.....whew....I was sweating that one, when he was face down on the court. :D

If they can get this roadtrip to .500, and rally before the all-star break, we could get some momentum heading down the stretch

Trolloc

And. Both Minny and Denver lost today. We're actually ahead of the T-Wolves now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:02 pm
Great bounce back win. SJax made a statement tonight. He was booed, and he answered their call right back. Low on fans I see, darn parade intervened with the game. Oh well, they didn't miss anything. And like many predicted, Monta would go off. Without Baron, the offense seems to flow much smoother. I'm not saying we don't need him anymore, I'm just saying the offense seems more intact and they play team ball much better.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:21 pm
"We weren't ready to play, " O'Neal said. "We've got to be ready to beat teams that we're supposed to beat. It's just one of those bad losses that you have."
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:23 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:"We weren't ready to play, " O'Neal said. "We've got to be ready to beat teams that we're supposed to beat. It's just one of those bad losses that you have."

He's on crack. If the Pacers were in the West they'd be 10 games below 500. There's no way way they're supposed to beat the warriors.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 pm
Hate to take the negative side here but just because Monta's x-rays are negative doesnt necessarily mean hes ok. Still needs to get the MRI... cross your fingers it negative!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:17 pm
Wow - Sjax was on a major payback tonight. From what I can see, the Pacers have one great player and traded their next best two players to us for....Dun and Murphy. I was so happy to see Dun on the other team. Monta looked really fine tonight until the knee crash. Honestly though, I didn't see Granger sliding over, it looked like he had position. The flip side is that 90% of the time the offensive player jumps into the defensive player and gets the call. It is interesting that 3 of the ws biggest wins of the year were with BD out. (SA, Utah and tonight). It may be the old scott fitzgerald conundrum. BD is our best player AND the ws offense seems to function more smoothly when he is out, esp. in 1/2 court. Interesting...anyway, the game wasn't remotely as close as the final score.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:21 am
Not much to say. Just...

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

GO DUBS!!!!

PS: It was soooo clear that S-Jax was going to make them pay for the trade... I should have bet on it.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:14 am
A nice win last night. The normally stagnant offense worked quite well last night. Jackson and Harrington forced the issue at times, but last night was one of the rare nights they were both hitting.

I just hope Monta has a bruise and that he will okay. He looked great last night and he is quietly becoming a solid rebounder. He had ten boards last night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 am
Any particular reason your threads are so much longer when the team loses, Tom. :wink: ...

ChicagoTom wrote:A nice win last night. The normally stagnant offense worked quite well last night. Jackson and Harrington forced the issue at times, but last night was one of the rare nights they were both hitting.

I just hope Monta has a bruise and that he will okay. He looked great last night and he is quietly becoming a solid rebounder. He had ten boards last night.

ChicagoTom wrote:Just when you thought it could not get worse after Tuesday's nights debacle in Cleveland it does last night against the Hawks.

Where was the defense? No one played any. No one can keep a player in front of himself and no one plays help defense. That is basic stuff.

The rebounding was attrocious. Where has Beidrins been? Yeah, I know he is tired and all that crap, but he has been non-existent of late and the Warriors are not rebounding and give up way too many second chance points.

The telling stat of the night, the Warriors shoot 58% in the first half to the Hawks 53% and yet they trailed by 14. How is that? I can tell you, second chance points, turnovers and quite simply no defensive effort on the Warriors part.

This team is toast this season. No chance on the playoffs. We can't worry about the other teams gunning for the 8th spot if the Warriors themselves can't win a game. I will be shocked if they win one of their next four road games.

The first quarter was good with nice passing, lots of assists and a decent (I use that term loosely) effort on defense. However, the second quarter the passing stopped and defending was even worse in than the first quarter and unfortunately, that trend carried over the rest of the game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:37 am
After the books I wrote last week about the Warriors losses, I am sure people are sick and tired of reading my long posts. I am making a concerted effort to shorten my post-match reactions. I can't guarantee that will happen every time, but I will do my best.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:53 am
ChicagoTom wrote:After the books I wrote last week about the Warriors losses, I am sure people are sick and tired of reading my long posts. I am making a concerted effort to shorten my post-match reactions. I can't guarantee that will happen every time, but I will do my best.

I enjoy them Chi-town. Of course that's because I generally agree with you on most things. If I had an alternate view I would probably not read the whole thing anyway. Keep it up.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:35 am
good win for the warriors. i'm still waiting for my 5 game winning streak or maybe 7-10 starting from the beginning of the road trip.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:39 pm
#32 wrote:Any particular reason your threads are so much longer when the team loses, Tom. :wink: ...

human nature, bro...think about your best moments w/your woman and your worst...not much to say when things are really good except "thanks, baby" :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:48 pm
coltraning wrote:human nature, bro...think about your best moments w/your woman and your worst...not much to say when things are really good except "thanks, baby" :mrgreen:

What are you talking about, Colt?. It's the opposite for me. When things go well, I've got lots of things to say... while the worst moments only get a "get the f*ck outta here, b*tch". :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:21 pm
jsw548 wrote:
ChicagoTom wrote:After the books I wrote last week about the Warriors losses, I am sure people are sick and tired of reading my long posts. I am making a concerted effort to shorten my post-match reactions. I can't guarantee that will happen every time, but I will do my best.

I enjoy them Chi-town. Of course that's because I generally agree with you on most things. If I had an alternate view I would probably not read the whole thing anyway. Keep it up.

I enjoy them, too. Very well thought out and nicely written. I was mostly just being a smart ass. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads