Remedy for pass and crash

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:07 pm
We all hate the pass and crash. The Ellis injury just highlights the problem.

This is ruining the game. It is more fun to watch great drives and tricky lay-ups than flops, complaints and foul shots.

To defeat this disgusting trend, I propose that the Ws sign the biggest, fastest contact-loving steroid-crazed monster that can be taught to dribble in a straight line. His role would be to take the ball and drive directly to the basket without avoiding or mitigating any collisions.

The league would have to institute some sort of "real basketball player" or "lay-up intensity" rule to stop this, but the easier way out would be to just stop calling fouls on these plays.

Barnett told an interesting story about how refs in times of yore would tell players to play, that they were not going to reward flopping and cheap charges. Highlights of those games do show a better flow and more clever play on drives and lay-ups.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:04 pm
I totally agree. The whole 'taking the charge' play has become out of control. It's really absurd, not fun to watch, and just makes the players doing it all the time look like total pussies. Like Dunleavy. He can't play D - all he does is try and take charges. It's not fun to watch, and is the biggest problem in basketball right now that can be easily remedied.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:41 am
Good idea. I think players should just keep their elbows up after a pass and run right into whoever is taking the weak charge, giving them an elbow to the face.

That should stop the dunleavy-style defense.

Return to Warriors Basketball