The superb play of Al Harrington

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:50 am
Jermaniac wrote:I'm glad you guys are happy with Al but he will never make any of his teammates better nor does he care about making them better. The guys nickname with the Pacers was Blackhole.

You know, seems like we traded one blackhole for another... Just wait to see Dun playing (or trying to) in the clutch.

What uptempo says is right. We benefited from the trade (Pest is right, Al's playing amazing... I know he won't ever play like this, but so far, so good), S-Jax is head and shoulders better than Dunleavy (character issues aside) and Powell seems like a nice role player... Saras has been terrible in every game except his first, tho.

But even if they all end up being busts, we benefited from the trade, even if only for the contracts we got rid of.

Indy also got some positives, as Murphy is a better fit there and Ike has it all to be a great player in the future. I'm pretty sure they'll be shopping Dun this offseason, tho.

In any case, this is one of those trades in which everybody got someone useful. Just think we won due to the contracts Dun & Murph have.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 am
TMC wrote:
Jermaniac wrote:I'm glad you guys are happy with Al but he will never make any of his teammates better nor does he care about making them better. The guys nickname with the Pacers was Blackhole.

You know, seems like we traded one blackhole for another... Just wait to see Dun playing (or trying to) in the clutch.

What uptempo says is right. We benefited from the trade (Pest is right, Al's playing amazing... I know he won't ever play like this, but so far, so good), S-Jax is head and shoulders better than Dunleavy (character issues aside) and Powell seems like a nice role player... Saras has been terrible in every game except his first, tho.

But even if they all end up being busts, we benefited from the trade, even if only for the contracts we got rid of.

Indy also got some positives, as Murphy is a better fit there and Ike has it all to be a great player in the future. I'm pretty sure they'll be shopping Dun this offseason, tho.

In any case, this is one of those trades in which everybody got someone useful. Just think we won due to the contracts Dun & Murph have.

Harrington, once he gets into better shape (fast break, transition, uptempo basketball shape), will be even better than he is now playing for Nelson.

Jackson does more things at the small forward position than Air France (one of my personal favorites on this team (yeah, I know, he has a limited game; I just like the way he can play lock down defense)), and he, Jackson, can handle the ball on the break without the risk of the dumb turnover.

Powell looks like he can back up Biedrens (please do not put Foyle back into the rotation) and also play power forward.

Cabbage will be a good backup for Baron and allow Monta to backup Richardson at the shooting guard positon.

If the team had a true low block player, then Murphy could've done well here. In Indy, with O'Neal manning the block, Murphy can set up around the perimeter and get the kick-out pass from the double team. Murphy also does well getting the long rebound. Dunleavy should have never been drafted #3; Dunleavy should have never been evaluated to be a better player than Jameson; Dunleavy should have never been given the big contract (btw, Dunleavy can thank Mullin for all of this). Dunleavy needed to be traded away from this Warrior team; Mullin was finally getting some scrutiny for drafting, keeping, and signing this kid, and the liability (read: job security) was getting to be too much. Ike just did not fit in with Nelson's offense, so it was better for Ike to go.

Guys, this trade benefited both teams. TMC said it well about the contracts and unloading the burden. The team should now be able to sign Biedrens and Ellis. As for Pietrus, he may be the odd man out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 am
TMC wrote:and Ike has it all to be a great player in the future.

The distant future.

Did you see what happened last night?? Nelly doubled him EVERY time and Ike either threw it out of bounds or threw it across half-court. The guy is really helpless in a double-team.

Wouldn't be too bad if that's ALL that was wrong with him, but he's got a huge laundry list...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:17 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:and Ike has it all to be a great player in the future.

The distant future.

Did you see what happened last night?? Nelly doubled him EVERY time and Ike either threw it out of bounds or threw it across half-court. The guy is really helpless in a double-team.

Wouldn't be too bad if that's ALL that was wrong with him, but he's got a huge laundry list...

Great observation.

I like our new guys a lot better than the guys that we gave up. Nelson deserves credit for putting Mullin on the hot seat to get rid of our stiffs. Our new guys give this team a chance to compete. Let's see how well the team gels after the All Star break.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:27 pm
I like our new guys better, too. They fit the style of play much better... but, even beyond that, they're much more talented ball players than what we gave up.

Murphy is solid, but he'll never be more than a C or B grade player. Dunleavy's hopeless. Ike is looking less and less like a prodigy. And McCleod was filler.

Harrington is a Jamison-like player; not franchise level, but a good sidekick. Jackson is a fine role player for any team to have (his baggage is worrisome, but we haven't seen anything but good nature from him yet). Josh Powell looks like equal pay for Diogu, at this point (chill, dudes, I know Ike is gonna blow up later in his career... but, right now, their talent level is about dead even). Roony seems to have lost his groove and could very well be headed back to Isreal if he doesn't get his swing back.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:35 am
uptempo wrote:
If the team had a true low block player, then Murphy could've done well here. In Indy, with O'Neal manning the block, Murphy can set up around the perimeter and get the kick-out pass from the double team. Murphy also does well getting the long rebound. Dunleavy should have never been drafted #3; Dunleavy should have never been evaluated to be a better player than Jameson; Dunleavy should have never been given the big contract (btw, Dunleavy can thank Mullin for all of this). Dunleavy needed to be traded away from this Warrior team; Mullin was finally getting some scrutiny for drafting, keeping, and signing this kid, and the liability (read: job security) was getting to be too much. Ike just did not fit in with Nelson's offense, so it was better for Ike to go.

Best Trade Anaylsis I've read anywhere. You should take over Purdys spot on the Merc. That guy sucks.

As for Harrington, hes just way too small to be a power forward. Way too small.
formerly known as tradedunleavy
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball