Be honest. Are the Warriors making the playoffs?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:13 am
Troy Murphy was 3rd in the team by Eff stat.

Andris and Baron are two best Warriors players.

Al, Dunleavy, Pietrus and Monta are near each other in this stat.

And Sarunas has a slightly better stat than Jack.

And Jason Richardson had only 15,73 in his first 23 games and is the last in the team. Interesting.
Last edited by Pitons on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:48 am
I like the Eff stats. It proves exactly what I have been saying. Pietrus and Barnes need more minutes at the small forward. :?:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 am
No offense, but efficiency is a terrible statistic. It treats all stats equal as well as making you only need to shot 33% from the field to be a positive. I don't like PER, but PER is far superior.
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:01 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:No offense, but efficiency is a terrible statistic. It treats all stats equal as well as making you only need to shot 33% from the field to be a positive. I don't like PER, but PER is far superior.

Ok, we can look at Roland rating.

Al - +7,4 (good near very good)
Stephen - -5,6 (bad)
Powell - - 6,4 (bad)
Sarunas - -10,2 (very bad)

GSW Net Production by Position:

PG +1,9
SG -2,2
SF -1,1
PF 0
C -0.2

SG is the weakest spot.

Take out Baron from the team, and GSW are in deep deep trouble.
Last edited by Pitons on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:14 pm
And one more thing. Jackson's opponents score 7.3 points more than he does while he's on the court. He does even worse than Sarunas. Though while Sarunas is on the court, the team is -20,6.

A real mess when he's in ::lol:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:22 pm
And one more thing. Jackson's opponents score 7.3 points more than he does while he's on the court. He does even worse than Sarunas. Though while Sarunas is on the court, the team is -20,6.

yeah, though jackson plays a different position than sarunas so it's a moot point.
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:24 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

yeah, though jackson plays a different position than sarunas so it's a moot point.

So we can't say Baron plays better than Jack, because they play different positions?

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:29 pm
So point that Kobe or Wade or Dirk is the best player in the world is not valid, because they all play in different positions.

So why Jordan is called the best basketball player ever. I don't know. :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:39 pm
Centers shouldn't ever be called the best (Shaq?), because there aren't much 2,15 guys on the planet. Look at that competition level amongst 1,90 guys.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:00 pm
The original thread was the ws chances of making the playoffs. The way they are playing on the softest of imaginable road trips, it is becoming an increasingly dubious proposition. If somehow they eke out a win or two against minny and indy, then can play 50% ball til the break and JRich returns as the Jrich we knew (a lot of ifs) it could still happen, but their play on this road trip, esp against Atlanta and Charlotte, has been really discouraging for that.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:48 pm
coltraning wrote:The original thread was the ws chances of making the playoffs. The way they are playing on the softest of imaginable road trips, it is becoming an increasingly dubious proposition. If somehow they eke out a win or two against minny and indy, then can play 50% ball til the break and JRich returns as the Jrich we knew (a lot of ifs) it could still happen, but their play on this road trip, esp against Atlanta and Charlotte, has been really discouraging for that.

The playoffs are determined on the road for them. They have shown they can win at home. What are they? 4-17 on the road now? Can't wait 'til after the all-star break. Jrich won't be back to his old form probably because he hasn't played in a game, but that's when we can truely judge the character and play of our Dubs because then everyone is playing. This is bearing an injury of course.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:37 pm
Pitons wrote:So point that Kobe or Wade or Dirk is the best player in the world is not valid, because they all play in different positions.

So why Jordan is called the best basketball player ever. I don't know. :roll:

Jordan's title is more a result of what a lot of people saw rather than just his stats.

Stats are fun and informative, but ultimately people trust what they see and are familiar with.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:still too soon to perform the last rites. Ws are 2.5 games out. Good news is that the 2 teams they are chasing also have terrible road and similar conference records. Bad news is the Clips are playing like the Clips of last year. Worse news is Ws can't seem to win on the road...JRich comes back and gives them a boost it could happen, but not taking out a 2nd mortgage on it.

It could still happen but the team is going backwards and not forwards lately so it looks unlikely.

The recent trade made the team more talented but now Mullin should look to trade again for some toughness and defense! Harrington plays sometimes but he is not the answer and doesn't make his team win as can be seen recently. SJax is good but is more of a shooter than anything else. They can be used in a package for someone else this offseason and Mullin has got to keep looking

I would keep Harrington, bro. He is averaging 23 a game with Ws, and it looks like he is capable of that most nights. I agree there is a logjam at SF, and I would bet Pietrus will be moved.

Harrington doesn't make a team win. His stats are nice but he isn't a winner. I'd rather trade him for someone that makes a difference

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:35 am
Harrington doesn't make a team win. His stats are nice but he isn't a winner. I'd rather trade him for someone that makes a difference

A good point! Imho, that's why Indiana gave away Harrington as easily...
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:04 am
"The warriors are going to make the playoffs next year!"
"The reason why the warriors suck is because of ________, we should get rid of ________"
...and many more quotes

I don't know where I hear these quotes from exactly, but I hear them a lot from warriors fans in general. As much as I love the warriors...it doesn't seem like they are ready to make the playoffs this season. There is too much inconsistency in the team to really be effective (inconsistency of the starting lineup, individual consistency of players, injuries, etc). If you watch the warriors play, then you don't need an explanation from me for why they have been playing so poorly.

I'm pretty tired right now, but all I have to say is the players and the GSW are inconsistent as a whole :P and although I'd love for them to make the playoffs it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball