Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2007-02-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to seeing Dunleavy playing SG?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:18 pm
Golden State Warriors (22-26) @ Indiana Pacers (25-21)

Start time 4:00 PM PST @ The Conseco Fieldhouse

ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Indiana Pacers
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jamaal Tinsley
SG - Mike Dunleavy
SF - Danny Granger
PF - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Jeff Foster

Team leaders this season
PPG - A. Harrington (20.9) | J. O'Neal (19.6)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.3) | J. O'Neal (10.3)
APG - B. Davis (8.8) | J. Tinsley (6.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | J. Tinsley (1.6)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.9) | J. O'Neal (3.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:59 pm
:mrgreen:
Dunleavy at shooting guard?

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:01 am
uh oh.. i hope they dont play diogu, he scored 19 points in 22 mins last night
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:45 am
So many backstories to this game... S-Jax and Al coming back to the Conseco, first game of Dunleavy against us. I just hope they don't play Ike much.

W's by 5. Monta blazes for 50 against Dunleavy...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:17 am
is this a cage match?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:42 am
Monta is going to abuse Dunleavy. Mike's too weak and doesn't have a post game to take advantage of his size. Ellis is gonna run rings around him and pick his pocket.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:10 pm
#32 wrote:Monta is going to abuse Dunleavy. Mike's too weak and doesn't have a post game to take advantage of his size. Ellis is gonna run rings around him and pick his pocket.
Mike is gonna be alright he has the best shot blocker in the NBA backing him up. And if thats not enough your lineup is small enough for us to put Granger at PF and Marquis/Rawle at the 2 to guard Monta.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:46 pm
Jermaniac wrote:
#32 wrote:Monta is going to abuse Dunleavy. Mike's too weak and doesn't have a post game to take advantage of his size. Ellis is gonna run rings around him and pick his pocket.
Mike is gonna be alright he has the best shot blocker in the NBA backing him up. And if thats not enough your lineup is small enough for us to put Granger at PF and Marquis/Rawle at the 2 to guard Monta.

Go ahead. Nelson's the master of mismatches. If Carlisle wants to dance, I'm sure Nelly will school him.

Jermaine is definately the inside factor... but the Warriors have been good about getting to the line lately. If JO hits foul trouble, the Pacers are dead in the water.

Besides; I gotta feeling SJax & Al are gonna wanna break out this game; whereas Dunleavy's always failed in a challenge situation. Nevertheless, the Warriors haven't been playing well lately, so it's anybody's game.

I think the final score hinges on whether or not O'Neal or Biedrins hits foul trouble. Andris is the only guy who can hope to contain Jermaine... but the Pacers only go as far as O'Neal goes. If you gotta rely on Tinsley, Granger, or (God help you) Dunleavy, your odds are definately slimmer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:48 pm
I have a sneaking suspicion Carlisle will play Ike a fair bit. Ike has some major scores to settle with Nellie and who do we have who can stop him? As TMC said, there is so much intrigue here, it's like everyone who ever got snubbed going to the high school reunion with an uzi. Should be fun to watch.

Hate to say it, but based on the wretched ws play this trip, I fear an Indy win. There could be a fight...maybe dunleavy and bd?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:41 pm
Mike D vs Monta. Hmm. Interesting, Dun can actually play like a 2 guard?

Last time I checked though, Emeka or Mourning were the best shot blockers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:54 pm
#32 wrote:
Jermaniac wrote:

Go ahead. Nelson's the master of mismatches. If Carlisle wants to dance, I'm sure Nelly will school him.

Jermaine is definately the inside factor... but the Warriors have been good about getting to the line lately. If JO hits foul trouble, the Pacers are dead in the water.

Besides; I gotta feeling SJax & Al are gonna wanna break out this game; whereas Dunleavy's always failed in a challenge situation. Nevertheless, the Warriors haven't been playing well lately, so it's anybody's game.

I think the final score hinges on whether or not O'Neal or Biedrins hits foul trouble. Andris is the only guy who can hope to contain Jermaine... but the Pacers only go as far as O'Neal goes. If you gotta rely on Tinsley, Granger, or (God help you) Dunleavy, your odds are definately slimmer.
lmao @ You acting like you got some team full of all stars and our players suck. Look at the stats since the trade Jamaal Tinsley and Danny Granger have been playing very good basketball. Who are you gonna rely on if Baron doesnt play well. Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington OHH PLEASE. We tried that it doesnt work.

Ohh and Danny Granger >>>> Stephen Jackson. In everything other then bitching to the refs and gun ranges.

Well will see tomorrow how it goes down.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:12 pm
the only thing that makes this game intriguing is watching dunleavy suck, murphy playing lazy, and diogu schooling us inside. warriors suck right now, pacers by 12. sorry, just being real.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:49 pm
Jermaniac wrote:
#32 wrote:
Jermaniac wrote:

lmao @ You acting like you got some team full of all stars and our players suck. Look at the stats since the trade Jamaal Tinsley and Danny Granger have been playing very good basketball. Who are you gonna rely on if Baron doesnt play well. Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington OHH PLEASE. We tried that it doesnt work.

Ohh and Danny Granger >>>> Stephen Jackson. In everything other then bitching to the refs and gun ranges.

Well will see tomorrow how it goes down.

we will indeed. Reality check: Murphy is a decent player who is soft down low, a good fit for Carlisle's plodding control freak offense (God, the worst ****ing games were those 71-69 pistons pacers root canals), since Jermaine can bang down low. Harrington is a great fit for the uptempo fast break offense the ws have.

dunleavy? you will see, dude, that's all I can say. you will see. check back with me the 27th time Dunleavy chokes in the clutch. S Jax was the #3 scorer on the champion spurs and on your pacers. I'll take that trade in a blink.

Ike is a beast who was mishandled by Monty and didn't fit Nelson ball. You got a true gem there, though it may be hard to find him minutes with O'Neal on the floor. Nonetheless, Ike is essentially unstoppable one on one, but has no clue how to pass out of the double team or play defense. Still, when you are scoring 19 points in 22 minutes (not at all an atypical Ike game), maybe that is not a huge issue. Have they played him and O'Neal together?

Glad you like Powell, he seems like a tough young boarder. Jasikevicius had a great first game and then nothing..that's how I see it. Like I said, no shock if the Pacers play Ike a lot, since he, like everyone in this trade, will have huge motivation...should be fun.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:22 am
coltraning wrote:Hate to say it, but based on the wretched ws play this trip, I fear an Indy win.

I do fear that, too. I only picked us to win because... well, I guess because I'm confident that Al and S-Jax will come back to Indy trying to prove they weren't Indy's problem. But, given how bad we play on the road, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:17 am
I have very little faith in the Warriors winning tonight. The Pacers will slow the game down and play at their tempo which means the Warriors will have to play their half-court one-on-one, isolation offense which is about as effective as Rex Grossman was in the Super Bowl last night.

The Warriors will struggle tonight offensively against this Pacers team. I have Indiana by 11 tonight.
Next

Return to Game Threads