Game Thread: Warriors @ Philadelphia 76ers 2007-02-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors come out of their slump against the Sixers?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:24 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 7

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:28 pm
Holy sh*t....we actually won on the road!!! We had to make it as hard for ourselves as possible of course, but we did it!! Thank God.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm
Wow, this team is starting to win the close one's, thats a good sign.
NICE WORK MULLY!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:51 pm
Haha... good one dazman! Starting to win close ones! Hahaha, first of all it shouldnt even have been close because it was the sixers! Second, who cares if we win close ones if we get blown out by 25 by every moderately good team on the road. I really doubt one win against the lowly sixers is gonna help this club. It amazing how high i was after the trade and how low i am now. Oh how quickly things change. We need to win the next three games on this trip if were going to make the playoffs.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:01 pm
I will eat my earlier words that the Warriors would lose tonight and I will gladly eat them. The first half was sloppy, but surprisingly, the defense kept the Warriors in the game. The defense seemed to be more aggressive and energetic all night long. That was obviously a great thing.

The third quarter the Warriors came out of the gates flying and for the first time this road trip they looked like Warriors we are used to seeing at the Oracle Arena going up and down the court at a fast pace pushing the tempo.

The Warriors need to build on tonight's win and get another tomorrow night in Charlotte. Two in a row will surely make up for the two clunkers in Cleveland and Atlanta.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:52 pm
My strategy of picking the other team worked!!!!!! Go Dubs!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:46 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:...The first half was sloppy, but surprisingly, the defense kept the Warriors in the game. The defense seemed to be more aggressive and energetic all night long. That was obviously a great thing.

We played man-to-man the whole time, and that’s why we were in the game and didn’t get blown out—finally. Despite shooting just 36% in the first half, we were just down by 6 at halftime (42 - 48 ) at kept their score down. Our guys are quick and athletic, and we shadowed them, challenged shots, and rebounded better. Baron had a slow start but picked it up and was just nails. Al struggled throughout but came through with the winning basket.

BTW: Steinmetz mentioned that were 10-2 when we keep our opponents under 100. Time to trash that zone crap for good.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:47 pm
Darn, missed it. Thought it was at 7:30 but I forgot they're playing on the east coast which means it would be 10:30 if they played then. Btw, this club needed the win bad. They needed a break, and finally got one. TMC's correct, the Warriors play half of their ability on the road. They got away with this one. All I can say is just keep showin' whatcha got Dubs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:21 am
its easy to say our defense played good but you have to remember that we played a pretty bad team. i'll take it for what its worth, but still its not much until they can play defense say 3 out of 5 games? i think at this rate, i'd be drinking champagne straight out of the bottle.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:51 am
Wow... that was like pulling teeth. 102-102 in Philly... A playoff team shouldn't have so much trouble dealing with the Sixers, but given how bad we're on the road, I'll gladly take the win.

Hopefully this win will make the team get rid of that fear they have when playing on the road... I'm pretty sure we're much better than we look now.

btw, it's about time we forget about the damn zone. We may not be a good defensive team, but playing zone most of the time makes us even worse...

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:56 am
If anyone Tivo'd the game, check out the scream Harrington unleashes as hes walking back to the bench after his clutch game winning shot.

He gets half way back to the bench and yells: COME ON.

If we could get that much passion from everyone it would be f*cking awesome.

Trolloc
Previous

Return to Game Threads